Running into JC and chewy in gw is far worse then sid

2Next

Replies

• Options
    That is actually a really good idea. At the start you pick one character to be banned for you and all teams
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    LOL chewy being a challenge.... that's better than CUP being a useable toon. Get tougher!!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha. No, seriously, I thi... hahahahaha
    Thanks, man, best laugh I've had in days. 69/10 for trolling, would read again. :trollface:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    All, there are two things we all have to remember.

One - many people are f2p and don't all have lots of DPS early in the game. Then a chewie who has made blue gear and a healer can be a pain. If you can't burn down the other teams DPS or Sid before Chewie taunts - then Sid giving your toons heal block and a DPS character starts targeting them and there is a decent chance you lose a toon or one of your toons is dangerously low in health at the end of the fight. This and many of the players are no where near the level cap. Chewie and a healer was a pain at level 50, becomes a joke at level 60+

Two - not everyone has the same toons or the knowledge of this forum from the beginning. If you've never played a game like this with a challenge like GW it takes a while to get used to. Saving your specials, timing everything out to have cool downs set by beginning of every round, etc. Too many players focus on a single team for arena and this kills you on GW. Luckily I had played Heroes Charge so I knew what it was all about and focused on keeping 10+ toons near level and healers. Leaving everyone else at level 1 til I hit the level cap.

In other words give the new players a break, help them if you can, ignore them if you can't stop yourself from calling them stupid.

F2P character's have GS (First node in Cantina), Lum (GW Shipments), Sid (Arena Shipments), QGJ (Cantina Shipments) as options to level first. How is that not a lot of DPS options early in game.

Sid is actually worse to come across because GW is about nutrition and Sid's healing immunity is deadly at lower levels considering you can't get Barris until lvl 69. Not to mention you are likely to face Sid in every GW battle.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Megadeth3700

Sid.... last to die in PVP, first to die in GW.

But ya, Chewwy has always been easy to put down with a Sid (easily farmable and I always suggest getting him first). First turn heal debuff = chewy is worthless.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @Megadeth3700

Sid.... last to die in PVP, first to die in GW.

But ya, Chewwy has always been easy to put down with a Sid (easily farmable and I always suggest getting him first). First turn heal debuff = chewy is worthless.

Exactly!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I love seeing Chewie in GW. The guy can't hit but can live a while if you don't focus on him too much. I leave him for last and slowly bleed him to allow me to reset most of my cooldowns.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    saving enemy low damage healers for last is a basic for GW, it's great and simple strategy to refresh all your cooldowns and heal a bunch of your heroes. Use it to your advantage.
  • Options
    Yeah like @Toukai and @Megadeth3700 sayd:

With Sid in your team its pretty easy to put Chewie down. Heal Debuff -> Two more hits -> Chewie is down
    After that i would go after the healer.
    Sorry for my bad english!
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    All, there are two things we all have to remember.

One - many people are f2p and don't all have lots of DPS early in the game. Then a chewie who has made blue gear and a healer can be a pain. If you can't burn down the other teams DPS or Sid before Chewie taunts - then Sid giving your toons heal block and a DPS character starts targeting them and there is a decent chance you lose a toon or one of your toons is dangerously low in health at the end of the fight. This and many of the players are no where near the level cap. Chewie and a healer was a pain at level 50, becomes a joke at level 60+

Two - not everyone has the same toons or the knowledge of this forum from the beginning. If you've never played a game like this with a challenge like GW it takes a while to get used to. Saving your specials, timing everything out to have cool downs set by beginning of every round, etc. Too many players focus on a single team for arena and this kills you on GW. Luckily I had played Heroes Charge so I knew what it was all about and focused on keeping 10+ toons near level and healers. Leaving everyone else at level 1 til I hit the level cap.

In other words give the new players a break, help them if you can, ignore them if you can't stop yourself from calling them stupid.

Very very true. I made a comment that it wasn't too bad but I wasn't aggressive. A it of posts in this thread are bashing he OP for no reason....
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    With Royal Guard becoming a meta staple, many players found themselves too far away to realistically farm him to a playable version. They needed an alternative. This and the bogus data mined info regarding a potential Scoundrels event, had a lot of the more creative and daring players completing Chewy as a compromise to meta. Turns out... A maxed out Chewy is a beast, and is a really good alternative to Royal Guard. Once you face one of these Chewy improvised teams, you will understand.

Chewy is still slow.... However a Phasma augmented Chewie can be a nuisance.
  • Options
    Chewie and JC are the easiest combo besides Barriss. They do almost no damage and you can use QGJ on chewie to get offense up. I can usually kill them both without ever getting hit and resetting all my cool downs.
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Arube wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are level 50.

OK, that made me literally LOL.
  • Options
    KonEl wrote: »
    Chewie is a godsend in GW. Damage sponge to reset cooldowns.