Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Hard Node Conquest credit rewards are only rewarding 10 credits when they used to reward 20. Is this intentional or is it a bug?

I am assuming this is a bug... we are now only getting 1450 currency per conquest and you need 2100 to purchase all 4 shipments of Maul... Can't be right.

Didn't notice this until you pointed it out, yeah

Don't see any fix for this other than CG will have to shut this conquest down and then restart it later

I am assuming so as well... if it is not a bug, to get Maul in 3 conquests you would have needed 1950 currency hoarded...

Cant fully confirm, but yes it seems to be a bug.
  • Options
    @nottenst

I have zero faith (but have not played the node yet) that a 4 toon, all LS squad will count as both Undersized and "FullLS".

Experience with the same language in other game modes suggests incredibly strongly that "Full LS" requires 5 LS toons.

Me personally? I wish that they would change this. This is just a waste and not at all in the spirit of the challenge. If I can do it with 4 LS toons, obviously I can stick any 5th LS toon in and get it done that way as well. (Same for DS, obvs)
  • Ultra
    11596 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have zero faith (but have not played the node yet) that a 4 toon, all LS squad will count as both Undersized and "FullLS".

Experience with the same language in other game modes suggests incredibly strongly that "Full LS" requires 5 LS toons.

Me personally? I wish that they would change this. This is just a waste and not at all in the spirit of the challenge. If I can do it with 4 LS toons, obviously I can stick any 5th LS toon in and get it done that way as well. (Same for DS, obvs)
    Yeah its somewhat redundant feat which is fine if its for a boss feat but not a global feat
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOOL Never in a million years did I think CG could actually make conquest EVEN WORSE. And yet?

Get rid of this garbage game mode. Or is CG going to do like MSF and let us buy our way out of it maybe? Stunningly bad. Just wow.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    LOOOOOOOL Never in a million years did I think CG could actually make conquest EVEN WORSE. And yet?

Get rid of this garbage game mode. Or is CG going to do like MSF and let us buy our way out of it maybe? Stunningly bad. Just wow.

It was fine before. As seems to often be the case, all CG had to do was not touch it and they managed to screw it up anyway.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Bring Balance being broken is just *chef's kiss*.
  • The_Last_Pancake
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ne_alenska wrote: »
    ntera5uyf5zj.jpg
    Now I need to replay using 20 energy but only 1 keycard reward? Fine.

This!
    This is SO bad and frustrating. They could at least compose 3 feats for 1 keycard which are achievable through 1 well thought battle.
    So ridiculous.

5 shards of RC for 400 currency or 600 crystals. Nuts. Way overpriced given that RC was introduced quite a while ago. Glad that I have enough for 5*.

If this all won't be fixed in a good way, it'll be better to quit the game than be frustrated by every new change in the game, rip vader

:(
  • Options
    I rarely post - but I am a Feb 2016 player, with 7.1M GP, and for the first time - I really think this might be the end for me.

I waited until I actually saw the conquest before reacting, but I have to say - it's as bad as people make it out to be, if not worse. Not to mention, now that Ashoka shards have been nerfed, it's going to take so much longer to get her on top of how crazy conquest has become.

There are way too many, way too specific feats - I mean, Darth Maul and Savage? Are you kidding? And now, just too many of them. So headache inducing.

I loved Conquest the way it was - and had a lot of fun experimenting. It was finally fun content like we all have been waiting for. And now...it's a nightmare slog.

I'd write a lot more, but others have pointed all this out much better than I can - I just don't get why they went and ruined the best thing that had been added to the game for years.
  • Options
    There are way too many, way too specific feats - I mean, Darth Maul and Savage? Are you kidding?

It may turn out this specific one isn't too bad, at least in Sector 1. I used my G8 Maul and G1 Savage along with SLKR, Hux, and KRU in one battle. Maul and Savage didn't do anything but take up space. It is still a lot of battles, but it something we can work around.

• Options
    I rarely post - but I am a Feb 2016 player, with 7.1M GP, and for the first time - I really think this might be the end for me.

I waited until I actually saw the conquest before reacting, but I have to say - it's as bad as people make it out to be, if not worse. Not to mention, now that Ashoka shards have been nerfed, it's going to take so much longer to get her on top of how crazy conquest has become.

There are way too many, way too specific feats - I mean, Darth Maul and Savage? Are you kidding? And now, just too many of them. So headache inducing.

I loved Conquest the way it was - and had a lot of fun experimenting. It was finally fun content like we all have been waiting for. And now...it's a nightmare slog.

I'd write a lot more, but others have pointed all this out much better than I can - I just don't get why they went and ruined the best thing that had been added to the game for years.

💯

vyb0w8v9h5kt.jpeg
  • Options
    Yeah its somewhat redundant feat which is fine if its for a boss feat but not a global feat

No. It's really not fine. If it was worth 6 keycards it would be fine, but paying 20 energy to fight the same battle again for ONE single keycard is not fine.

It's even worse since there are actually 3 feats that are mutually impossible, so you have to pay 40 energy to get TWO keycards.

Repeating a battle for a single keycard is not fine. Repeating the same battle twice for a single keycard each time is, if possible, worse.

I mean, technically this is a matter of opinion (not like CG getting Jango's zeta behavior wrong, which is objectively a problem even if we don't yet know if the problem is the wording of the ability or the in game behavior, there is no possibility that there is not an actual mistake here). So sure, for you, personally this might be fine. But for me (and I suspect for most players), this is not fine, Ultra. It is not fine at all.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Basically CG consistently telling players to go fly a kite. I think I’m f2p now. They’ve ruined the one fun mode they had.
  • Options
    You know those snazzy new Techs they advertized that let our characters get enemy modifiers as abilities.

Yeah.

You can only buy those with crystals. And they’re 150 a pop for 2 battles.

… bruh.
  • Options
    So my initial reaction (or over reaction depending on your thoughts).....

It would appear as though the data mines are correct and it is impossible to do all the feats without refreshing energy. So because some people don't like this mode and decide to spend crystals to get it over and done with you are now forcing everyone to spend crystals? This seems to go against the stated aim.

This is based on total energy gained (144 + 1 energy/10 mins) = 2160 energy = 108 battles
    To get the 40 LS,40 DS and 20 LS/DS feats thats 100 battles minimum
    You also have to redo battles to achieve feats like undersize or BH/Phoenix in Sector 1.
    And that doesn't even take into account the fact you will end up losing battles.

Therefore I can not see a way to possibly get the top crate without refreshing energy.
    Now, I have crystals so am not impacted but for those not getting 1st place in both arenas this is going to be increasingly difficult.

Also battles give 10 currency (in hard). Except the boss who gives 20. Which gives a total of 1400 currency. But to buy Maul shards you need 2100 (4x525). So people will not be able to 7* after 3 conquests.

I really enjoyed Conquest and I can see some of what CG where attempting however something does not appear to be right here (ignoring the bugs being reported).

However if I can't see a path clear to progress then it literally becomes a grind without any enjoyment which I doubt is the intent. And it effectively kills this mode as a challenge and something to continue to enjoy.
  • Options
    Crap. This is crap.

Harder conquest. Rubbish feats. Feats bugged.

You need to fire your entire testing team.
  • Options
    This update took all the skill away from conquest and turned it into a paywall. I’m not opposed to aspects of the game that are paywalled but this is just egregious.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Crap. This is crap.

Harder conquest. Rubbish feats. Feats bugged.

You need to fire your entire testing team.

That's us. We are woefully underpaid ;)
  • Options
    Have I missed something? Where was the discussion that conquest currency was reduced from 20 to 10 for each completed battle? Where was the discussion that gear and relics that could be bought for crystals at a slight discount from the wandering scavengers would no longer be available?

Why have I also got 2 wandering scavengers with the exact same options in sector 1?

h30a0f5cimda.png
    2ln2y6svk3mj.png
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    You know those snazzy new Techs they advertized that let our characters get enemy modifiers as abilities.

Yeah.

You can only buy those with crystals. And they’re 150 a pop for 2 battles.

… bruh.

We already knew that from the forum post, that's not a surprise.

Where did we hear they’re only for crystals? We knew they existed, but the Dev post on Conquest 7 didn’t mention you couldn’t buy them with Conquest Currency that I could see.
  • Options
    Most horrible week in the history of this game, first of all you nerf all the GL counters, and than (after letting us wait for 2 months) you decided to enable players who are not in a guild that can finnish the Cpit raid to get relic 8 materials without paying. I guess CG stands for CashgrabbingGames these days..
  • Options
    Just tried the new Conquest.

I rate it two fingers!
    One thumb and one middle finger, one goes up and one goes down.
    Try to guess which does what
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Daspman wrote: »
    Just tried the new Conquest.

I rate it two fingers!
    One thumb and one middle finger, one goes up and one goes down.
    Try to guess which does what

Does the thumb close the wallet?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Also I thought I was unlocking CAT after this conquest round. But hell no, what was I wrong thinking you would give us something extra. Like the same amount of Ahsoka shards as before ánd Maul shards. But ofcourse when you give us Maul shards you have to short us on something else. You guys over at CashgrabbingGames should appreciate your playerbase more.. it is embarrassing I have no other words for this and it is soooooo obvious it is all about money money money. You guys listening to Abba the whole day over there I suppose... such a shame
  • Options
    You know what's great about this?

CG delayed Conquest start by weeks to make sure that they got it right.
  • Options
    CG you really need an outside opinion. Like several physical people who are playing your game and know what they are talking about. Clearly you don’t know how to manage the game nor do you have many good ideas. Your are sinking this game into the ground and your pride and arrogance to not reach out to influential gamers who play your game to show you what’s wrong with it is hurting you.

I honestly don’t know what the issue is, but you have been messing up again and again. I’m sure you don’t like the criticism as it’s hard to hear it every day, but honestly we are not trying to be mean people. We see several problems with the game and we want to see it resolved. Please listen CG because this is my last straw along with many other people. There are plenty other games along with other developers that actually will take insight from their community.
This discussion has been closed.