Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Stryde wrote: »
    I think a feat counter announcement for Conquest and Galactic Challenges is being withheld intentionally. I think on Monday, this counter gift will descend, and we will rejoice. It will compensate for some of the other changes, like faction feats.

CG will give, and not just take away.

I also heard the LV kit was coming out yesterday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    LV kit release is of zero interest to me at this point.

Looks like I currently have no way to possibly unlock him, even if I wanted to. Now that aeros are back to being only for cpit finishing guilds, and the Vader team I only just finished working up to help my guild has dropped in usefulness for that.

I imagine the same will go for anyone I might be matched with in GAC, so I don't need to know what he does at all.
  • Options
    The more I see about the new feats the more I don’t want to even bother with conquest.
    Thought it was a good game mode before mostly. (we have LSTB and DSTB so hated the 50 light and 50 dark teams)
    Was enough to do everyday when you had time but no problems missing a few days and catching up.
    Now it looks like an absolute time sink and I can’t see myself engaging with it and enjoying it at all.
    Only see myself going through the motions and getting the maximum reward I can for the least effort possible
    I hope I’m wrong but this is supposed to be a game not a full time job.
  • Options
    I think a feat counter announcement for Conquest and Galactic Challenges is being withheld intentionally. I think on Monday, this counter gift will descend, and we will rejoice. It will compensate for some of the other changes, like faction feats.

I think you have been partaking of the kind of 'shrooms which lead to Pinky the flying elephant. :D
  • Drathuk916
    639 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    LV kit release is of zero interest to me at this point.

Looks like I currently have no way to possibly unlock him, even if I wanted to. Now that aeros are back to being only for cpit finishing guilds, and the Vader team I only just finished working up to help my guild has dropped in usefulness for that.

I imagine the same will go for anyone I might be matched with in GAC, so I don't need to know what he does at all.

While Vader certainly took a hit, he’s still very useful in cpit. Sure it won’t be the 3 million to 5.3+ depending on your effort, but 2 million plus with minimal effort is definitely helpful. That’s what I got on my first attempt today and it wasn’t a perfect run by any stretch. Now my best vader run was around 4.4 million months ago but that’s when I was switching mods to maximize damage to make sure we finished the raid.

But I certainly understand your frustration and am not trying to diminish your disappointment in the nerfs.

EDIT

Someone in my alliance just shared a 4 million run. Granted that’s about a 25% reduction for him.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

They probably won’t release it soon. Being able to sim Assault Battles was their counter gift.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2943 posts Member
    Options

HAHAHA...I needed a good laugh today. The more the players want something, the more CG moves in the opposite direction.
  • Options
    I’d also like to voice my displeasure over these changes.

Previously I’d finish it without needing refreshes. Now I need to spend crystals and buy refreshes to accomplish the same thing?

What a terrible, unfortunate decision. This was supposed to be the “new, fun game mode”. Instead, it’s become the victim of greed.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I’m gonna go ahead and agree with the dude.
  • Options
    Adding mini bosses.. they have that in Doom Tower (120 levels - Raid Shadow Legends).
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I’d also like to voice my displeasure over these changes.

Previously I’d finish it without needing refreshes. Now I need to spend crystals and buy refreshes to accomplish the same thing?

What a terrible, unfortunate decision. This was supposed to be the “new, fun game mode”. Instead, it’s become the victim of greed.

"Yeah, well, that's your opinion man..."

Lol couldn't resist. Me, GC was something I fiddled with, never tried to finish it.
  • Options
    There is a limit to how much people can be squeezed.

I understand if you dangle the carrot too close to the cart, the horse will eat it and have nothing left to chase. If you put the carrot too far in front, the horse will give up and not chase it at all.

CG’s problem here is there is no way for them to know when they reach this limit. It will just be breached and players will stop chasing, and it definitely feels like the carrot has been moved too far.
  • Options
    Mini Bosses are nice on paper, because it’s nice to have more varied battles, but the mechanical result is more battles spent for Boss Feats.

Mini Bosses, more Feats, more Boss Feats, harder feats, energy to swap disks, more energy usage… they all have the same result. More battles, more expenses, more energy loss. And so on.
  • Options
    I dont like how it gives a bigger incentive to be carried by a guild of higher level than you are. You already had a lot of perks, like early access to mal and neg that gives a major advantage in gac. By making r8 basically twice as hard to get via Conquest, being in a guild that clears Cpit is an even bigger perk than before. It gives players who want to enjoy the game at their level another layer of disadvantage in gac, especially because the access to Executor becomes a major issue.
  • Options
    I don’t see how the main reason for this change is avoiding ppl clearing it too fast. The only way to finish conquest in a few days was to buy a lot of energy refills for crystals and unless that is being restricted it will still be the same now. If you didn’t buy energy refreshes you probably only finished the conquest towards the end of the event, depending on how effectively you managed to do the feats.

It seems much more likely that the change is motivated by too many ppl unlocking toons that they intended to be rather exclusive by limiting the number of players getting the top crate.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I still can't believe that phoenix feats are real, because that's some sort of mental issues and no connection to reality for those behind that idea. Anti-fun obstacles just made to annoy players.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I can believe the Phoenix feats, after all CG is doing it best to sell packs to help the players get an all relic Phoenix squad. I would hardly do a relic Phoenix squad as they aren’t much use outside the Conquest.

Even I wouldn’t spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds to get a relic Mandos, Bad Batch, Geos or Nightsisters teams in time before this conquest starts. I am finding it hard to believe that CG would expect this to happen.

CG would do better if they rework the older units, but they wouldn’t do that. So that’s that.

My main goal is just to get the 30 shards for CAT. I will not spend any conquest currency until I see what crate I will end up on (second best crate seems likely.)

With the nerfs, and making my Vader/Wat/Thrawn suffer across all the modes I will not be spending money on this game again as I know that CG will nerf anyone in the future.

I would urge CG to look into the nerfs, and cancel it. Put in a “GL’s defence cannot be ignored by any abilities that can ignore defence.” It’s that simple.

Even having a GL of your own against a boss GL in conquest does not guarantee you three stars. It’s insane.
  • Options
    Glass half full: if players who bloated their rosters with relic’d phenix, smugglers or nightsisters and have a hard time every week in gac because of that can feel good scrapping a few conquest points (and maybe get a better crate) thanks to a faction feat they can clear while i can’t, i’m sincerely happy for them (same for GC starring unpopular factions).
  • Options
    new conquest good... more timeinvest? bad...
    couldn´t you just increase the battlecost to 144 energy per battle, but only 20 battles are necassary?

and again, as always, it´s only half of the game... Excuse me Mr. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI but you have forgotten that in this game there are also fleets...

troops here, troops there that´s boring... even in GAC it doen´t matter if you have big fleets... as good as always the winner is the trooper^^
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Glass half full: if players who bloated their rosters with relic’d phenix, smugglers or nightsisters and have a hard time every week in gac because of that can feel good scrapping a few conquest points (and maybe get a better crate) thanks to a faction feat they can clear while i can’t, i’m sincerely happy for them (same for GC starring unpopular factions).

But I’ll add my biggest issue with this again. Conquest was presented thus:

Use your unique rosters, in unique and creative ways, using disks and consumables to beat the content.

It’s now presented as:

You can still use your own unique rosters, in unique and creative ways, but you won’t beat the content. To do that you must build the rosters we have decided, and we’re not gonna lie, most of the stuff we have picked is garbage. Even at the relic level you’ll now need them. Sorry, lol.

And P.S. Soon as you’ve done that we’ll just change the factions to other ones no one uses. You should probably relic things like Rogue One lol
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

That's the whole problem.

I'm fine only getting T9 in some GC, the cost is some slicing mats.

Ask people with JMK that missed CAT how that compares.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I abhor math, but this guy seems to have worked out that we will be required to spend a decent chunk of crystals for conquest now
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/pd55ra/well_rough_estimates_of_best_case_scenarios_for/
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I abhor math, but this guy seems to have worked out that we will be required to spend a decent chunk of crystals for conquest now
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/pd55ra/well_rough_estimates_of_best_case_scenarios_for/

Yes, it would seem so. I think that was already the case just to beat all the battles now, not even focused on feats.
  • Options
    And when can we expect the mode to officially be renamed Grindquest? :p
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I personally prefer Chorequest but either one shows how much of pile of vomit these changes make..

truly defeating the purpose of enjoying new "content"
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Borequest
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Getting the final crate was aweseome as a 4.6 MioGP Player. But did you really believe conquest would be the same like forever?

It was totally obvious they would change the feats and conquest Structure. Yeah, a few of them sucks, but after all i am totally fine with them.

Working for a PVE Mode? Yes! Thats good and gives Player the Feeling of beating the game and note some other Players who are whaling through it.
This discussion has been closed.