What am I doing wrong?? Gw question

2Next

Replies

• Webbie
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I usually run

lumi lead (passive heal plus great active heal)
    JC - spam healing
    Sid - Passive heal for himself since you will be killing lots of toons
    QGJ - Early damage
    GS - damage, decent survivability

On hard nodes I keep the following options
    - Bring in daka, an early stun or two or a revive can save your GW run, usually I replace JC but sometimes I will run 3 healers
    - QGJ to lead, gives up some passive heal and dodge but can take out big damage before they move
    - Use a b team to soak damage

I don't like running daka the whole time since daka and lumi both have long cool downs.

Advice:
    -Don't be afraid to retreat, especially with talia+daka you need some luck for them to target the right people and get the stuns/revives. If you are retreating change leader or toons
    -Try to have a JC heal for talia after she heals to top her and everyone else up.
    -Always keep at least 2 healers in your line up
    -Wait to see what they announce today since it could totally change the balance of toons and how GW works.
  • Options
    FeepCunner wrote: »
    GW is done poorly. It's very common to hit an OP team in the first half which makes it impossible to clear unless you have 3 geared squads worth of characters.

The worst, most tedious aspect to this money pit of a game.

Yes.. it's very common for an unskilled player to get on the forum and complain that the game is too hard for him/her. I've never seen a team that has required more than one suicide squad, and 'required' is too strong a word. Almost any team can be beaten if you retreat and try different combinations. The suicide squad sometimes makes it go faster, and I burn mine at the end for fun. Almost never need to go beyond my 1st 5 characters. Oh, and I haven't spent a cent on the game. So much for money pit.

I find GW to be the most fun part of the game and look forward to playing it every day. It gives a chance to try out some different things, see some different characters in action (I encountered a real, live Ugnaught in the wild last night), and actually requires some strategy, which may be why some people think that it's difficult.

Per the comments others have made, a mix of good healers, especially passive healing, and damage will get you through just fine. On one of my accounts I use Lumi as lead, with JC as backup. On the other, I have Barriss as lead with JC backup. I fill the other slots with different characters to mix things up a bit, but rotate through higher damage characters including the various droids, Sid, GS, Poggle, Phasma, QGJ, etc.

In terms of strategy, try and kill off the enemy's highest damage dealers first, and take out Sid or Kylo before they heal block you. Then kill whatever's left slowly, allowing your cooldowns to reset, and healing if needed. Ideally, you go into the next fight with all your specials intact. If you lose a character, retreat and try again, either by subbing in a different character (which will reset the RNG) or by moving the characters around. For example, if your JC gets killed in position 5 in your team, swap him with Sid, IG-88, or Ventress, who will auto heal on their attack, and may live longer. Or swap in a tank who can take the shot that kills the weaker character.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    I only use 2 healers and get by just fine but i have a solid B team and a decent C team, in my opinion depth really helps
  • Options
    Really? Phasma as a leader huh? Ok. My only problem daka is she's not doing a lot and maybe she's not powerful enough yet. At what level does she begin to become viable?

I run a Phasma Leader in GW the assists from the other toons on my squad on provide valuable advantages:
    Barriss : chance to heal on her basic for 6% of Barriss' max health
    Sidious : apply heal immunity
    Daka: stuns
    Lumi: decent damage and chance for evasion up.
    Phasma (leader) : does significant damage if she has advantage and has doubled proc rate on assists.

Barriss or Lumi are also decent choices as leader in GW for the extra health and automatic heal with each turn but I personally like the extra effects noted above on bonus assists.

Daka is viable at 6* but really 7* is better to reduce her squishiness since AI will often focus on her.

In short, you lack healing and in general, I'd recommend 2 at a minimum, a healer like JC, while not adding much on his basic, has a rapidly cycling cooldown and is good for that reason.

Taunts are good for Arena but not for the war of attrition that is GW, I'd avoid them except in specific circumstances and be prepared to sacrifice them.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    This is the team I use and they're all easy to get, gear, and max. Non of these guys are 7* stars or were even max level until a few days ago. I also use the exact same team for arena where I usually finish below 100 (good spot for double arena pulls).

QGJ (lead)
    JC
    Lumi
    Eeth (it can really be any other DPS but I like his speed and stun and got him for the Yoda event).
    Sid

I often get 6+ nodes in before I even had to bring in anyone and can sometimes finish the entire run with just these guys.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok. So I've read on here how people are running gw everyday and it's not a challenge yet I can't even get to or past node 6. So I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I know it's not the greatest team but I think with the power I am bringing I should at least be able to get past n6. Thoughts?

Yes first you need MAX level to be competitive in GW after node 6.. you have a bunch of 4 and 5* and you NEED top gear level otherwise expect to not complete GW even if you use retreat..

Get a squad with ALL 7 or at least 6 * and gear level 8, then try again.. your team is weak.. you would need 2 teams like yours with more healers.. and JC won't help you since he is way too low.

Forget Daka, she is HORRIBLE, don't care what anyone says, they say Talia is weak.. ha! Daka is worse, I try to put Daka in, she doesn't self heal her heals are mediocre at best, and facing an all 7 * \ 8gear team she is dead in 2 hits.. not worth it. I have daka at 6*, full gear.. not wasting any more resource on this toon.

Talia should NOT be underestimated, get some better defense as well.. like Jedi Guardian, people that can take a hit AND heal is the best..

I run QJ, Lumi, Yoda, Ahsoka, and Barris.. but depending on mood I swap Barris make Lumi lead and bring in Asajj by far the most potent group.. I only bring in Barris if I am facing bots because I know I am going to get hit or advantage, like Phasma leader. Yoda takes care AOE with his leader ability and like other people have noted, you make QJ the leader Doku isn't even a consideration anymore. I target him first.. if Lumi or Asajj hits in with humbling blow, its 5 to 4 my favor..

• Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    Ok. So I've read on here how people are running gw everyday and it's not a challenge yet I can't even get to or past node 6. So I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I know it's not the greatest team but I think with the power I am bringing I should at least be able to get past n6. Thoughts?

Yes first you need MAX level to be competitive in GW after node 6.. you have a bunch of 4 and 5* and you NEED top gear level otherwise expect to not complete GW even if you use retreat..

Get a squad with ALL 7 or at least 6 * and gear level 8, then try again.. your team is weak.. you would need 2 teams like yours with more healers.. and JC won't help you since he is way too low.

Forget Daka, she is HORRIBLE, don't care what anyone says, they say Talia is weak.. ha! Daka is worse, I try to put Daka in, she doesn't self heal her heals are mediocre at best, and facing an all 7 * \ 8gear team she is dead in 2 hits.. not worth it. I have daka at 6*, full gear.. not wasting any more resource on this toon.

Talia should NOT be underestimated, get some better defense as well.. like Jedi Guardian, people that can take a hit AND heal is the best..

I run QJ, Lumi, Yoda, Ahsoka, and Barris.. but depending on mood I swap Barris make Lumi lead and bring in Asajj by far the most potent group.. I only bring in Barris if I am facing bots because I know I am going to get hit or advantage, like Phasma leader. Yoda takes care AOE with his leader ability and like other people have noted, you make QJ the leader Doku isn't even a consideration anymore. I target him first.. if Lumi or Asajj hits in with humbling blow, its 5 to 4 my favor..

Daka's primary role in GW or anywhere for that matter isn't as a healer, she's a stunner with a bonus heal/revive, you need to play her accordingly.

I took first in Arena the last 2 days on a hard launch server with Daka on my team and she's a mainstay on my GW squad, excellent toon but you have to play her correctly.

I also run Barriss and Lumi on my GW squad but sometimes the timely extra small heal or a revive at 30% health is the difference between winning and losing a match and being forced to reset.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    I have been running QGJ(lead), JC, Lumi, Sid and yoda for weeks and clear every day. You get the great jedi dodger in Sid(plus he helps with heal block on other sids), QGJ speeds it up so i get basically 4-5 character turns before the other team gets one attack(minus dooku squads). Yoda's dodge ability and battle meditation are amazing against certain teams. I am level 70 but i have no lvl 70 toons(by choice), i have JC at 7* and full gear, Lumi at 7* Gear 7, QGJ 6* gear 7, Yoda 5* Gear 7 and Sid 5* Gear 8. I regularly take down near fully maxed teams with ease. I never let me arena team get high power wise to let me use GW to build my toons up. Just 7 * two toons and promoted to others for a total of 2.75 mil and already have a good chunk back.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda
    @Jabberwocky is correct. Daka is meant for stuns/revive. Her heal is not meant to be used to top people off because, as even you stated, it is mediocre at best.
    Daka is best used on teams with ST Han(or RG), 2+DPS. Most people use her with a Phasma lead for additional stun chances.

Personally, I had a hell of a time vs Dooku(L), Daka, Rey, FOTP, ST Han.

If you target rey/fotp.... you can bet Daka will revive + han taunt and then enjoy rey/fotp attacking every other turn as youre forced to hit han.

If you attack han, daka will just revive him into han taunt anyways.

That's assuming you can even finish anyone, because Dooku will ensure they dodge somewhere in there to prevent you finishing anyone off.

Daka is a b****
  • Options
    Choose your suicide squads carefully. I always send one that will survive 3-4 hits, one that lasts 2-3 hits and then some 1* nonsense filler. Gets the enemy team to use most of their good abilities without lasting long enough to nail their cooldowns.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Where is lum?

Use Phas(lead), Lum, Sid, Daka, your fifth GW roster could be JC, RG, Chewwy, Taila, switch around...

• papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own way of doing it, so you'll get 10 different answers quickly. Here's mine. Healers. Healers, healers, healers. My battles take a little longer than most, but I make up for it in the time I don't spend retreating and trying nodes repeatedly. It takes time to get there. I only just got my GW team up to par and I've won my last 35ish in a row after never having beaten one. When I finally spent the effort to get toons better for GW it went quickly.

I'll second this idea. I use Barriss for lead along with Lumi, Phasma, Dooku and Sid. I also have a decent Jedi suicide squad build up (thanks to the Yoda event), but the last week or so I have only needed them once or twice.

• Options
    papy72 wrote: »
    Everyone has their own way of doing it, so you'll get 10 different answers quickly. Here's mine. Healers. Healers, healers, healers. My battles take a little longer than most, but I make up for it in the time I don't spend retreating and trying nodes repeatedly. It takes time to get there. I only just got my GW team up to par and I've won my last 35ish in a row after never having beaten one. When I finally spent the effort to get toons better for GW it went quickly.

I'll second this idea. I use Barriss for lead along with Lumi, Phasma, Dooku and Sid. I also have a decent Jedi suicide squad build up (thanks to the Yoda event), but the last week or so I have only needed them once or twice.

Barriss, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, Daka, Ventress. I wasn't kidding about my love for healers in GW.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I've yet to come across a GW battle that can't be handled with all 5 characters alive running Barriss (L), Lumi and QGJ + 2 others. I run Barriss (L), Ahsoka, Lumi and Dooku myself.

Ahsoka and Dooku can be replaced by any characters with either healing (JC, Daka) or damage (GS, RP, FOTP etc.) I like Ahsoka as she can top everyone off on her first action of the round with a nice little team heal and still does respectable damage. She's also virtually unkillable with all the passive healing.

vs a dooku lead team with sid on it sometimes I swap in Phasma (L), Kylo, Fives, RP and RG to avoid the 65% evade vs Jedi shenanigans Sid has there. It's not a squad that can sustain through the GW but it works well to burn down anti-jedi squads.
  • Options
    At lvl 49 I finished GW with no casualties for the 1st time. Only used my core Arena players.

On the difficult nodes I bring 3 healers: Lumi, Talia, Ahsoka, all 4* gear 6. I have JC, but he is low power on my roster, so he is backup if some other healer dies.
    I have a 5* gear 6 Ventress who is my power hitter, and she has a strong self heal as well. On the nodes for which I need speed and power, I put Ventress as leader, and that gives her and Talia a good speed up.

Then I use Chewy as my tank, which is usually necessary when health gets dangerously low. A tank is good insurance when using Talia since her heal lowers her health. Chewy has a good self heal also.
    So all my team members have some form of self heal, and I have backups.

For lasting through GW beyond your core team you need to keep lots of other toons starred and geared to be able to stand up to the final nodes. It takes a while to accomplish that, but eventually you will have a properly equipped roster to make it to the end.
  • Options
    Lumi is almost a must for GW. Lumi and JC can lead just about any team with decent dmg pretty far into GW.

I ran this team for a long time before I hit lvl 70 and it cleared GW entirely without losing a char A LOT!

Lumi (L)
    JC
    Daka
    GS
    Poe

Two healers and a tank can absorb a ton of damage.
  • Options
    Lumi's funny because she's awesome for GW, but the easiest way to farm her is to beat GW.

A 5th star for JC will help a lot. Make sure his and Talia's abilities are maxed. Once JC's heal gets the -1 cooldown on his heal and has that chance to reduce it another time on an attack he gets much better. Talia's health steal on her basic is really nice, too.

I agree Talia is good, but her, JC and Daka just aren't great for healing on their own. Talia's issue isn't that she hurts herself (the 100% life steal on her basic makes up for that), it's that the cooldown is so long. The turn meter gain can be amazing when timed right. It can easily turn a match around.

Daka's healing itself both has a long cooldown and isn't super strong, but a revive can be the difference between finishing GW and not. With her you might have to play with the RNG and your attack strategy to get the right stuns and revive, but it can get you past a node you may not have had a chance at otherwise.

Chewie isn't bad early on for GW. He has a lot of HP, a taunt and a self heal. The only issue is Sid, who tends to heal block a lot.

GW can be rough early on before you build up those Jedi healers.

• Peanut
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I complete it every day norm to the last node with dooku, Sid, lum, Jedi C and GS.

Jedi C n bug are 5 star and others 6,7 stns plus dodge and first acting really help to avoid any real threats most teams pose also I see attacks against sid as free hits cuz he heals as the enemy team drops like flies :)

It's a matter of survival my friend barras would be iris you mast as RG would be taking the hits
  • Options
    I will echo what others have said...

You need Lumi. You also need to star up JC and make absolutely sure that both he and Lumi have maxed abilities. Lumi's special attack hits like the proverbial truck, and her increased Heal over Time is helpful (although now it can be dispelled).
  • Options
    Don't put anymore time or materials into those starter characters like Chewy or Talia etc. I left JC at 5* and haven't looked back. Work on those later.

Get QGJ, Baris, Lumi, Daka, Sid and Dooku to 7*. Once you have those characters leveled and T8 geared you will never lose another GW. Just make sure you time your heals and manage your cooldowns for the next fight. 100% Guaranteed!

Also to note those same characters do fairly well in arena(top 50).

Yeah it takes a while to do but in the end you will save yourself a lot of frustration.
  • Options
    For FTP players, the best 8 toons to have are QGJ, Lumi, Barris, JC, GS, Rey, Dooku and Daka. With this squad, you have stun, speedy DPS and healing. Most of the time,using a stunner, 2 dps and 2 healers are enough. Remember, with retreat button, the RNG is with you.
  • Options
    You need healers, 7* characters, gear 8 or gear 9 and abilities level 6 - 7. I have all this stuff and just beat the 8th node last night for the first time. I think you need close to 10-12 characters like this. I have 12 that are at least 4*, tonight 3 more of my toons will go from 4 to 5 * so that should help. Patience and keep working!
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    You lack of heal and dps =\

This. I use Barriss, JC, and Lumi. Talia is not that great of a healer since she takes life away from herself.
    Toukai wrote: »
    Talia is a healer but because she damages herself she isn't useful for galactic war, since she essentially kills herself.

@JonWonKenobi
    This is wrong. A geared and fully *'d Talia is absolutely great for healing. She does hurt herself, but she can over-heal what she did to herself with a simple auto attack. Her lifesteal is absolutely insane, and probably the best in the game, when she has full gear.

She also grants turn meter which also helps considerably.

@irishsheepdog

Everyone else is correct, though. You need a healer. JC is easy to farm (plenty of nodes + cantina) and he can heal almost every other turn for 3-4k. His only downfall is he is slow, but a QGJ lead can fix that.

Lumi is the best healer in the game.

Bariss is amazing but doesn't really bring damage. Still, she bypasses healing immunity and since GW has 90% Sids and 60% Kylo's, she is very good.

Truth^^^

I run QGJ lead with Barris, Lumi, JC, and Sid or my little bald she-devil Asajj Ventress
    All 7* with lvl 8 gear. My best investment to break the GW ceiling was JC. He's easy to rank and pays big dividends.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    It's not just about using healers. It's when you use them. Also this is critical. Don't let anyone die. If someone dies. Retreat and start over. Change team or strategy. I use Lum as lead for passive heals. You also need to invest in burst DPS. Get Geo node 1-1. Spend 100 crystals a day on refill. I use Lum, 2 burst, dooku and healer or tank.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    Wow. Thanks to everyone for some varied, but good responses...its interesting reading the different strategies you guys are using. I keep forgetting the characters he's they make in gw so one day I beat the board (Like I've done one time) and the next I get to node 3. I'm still typically getting to 6 but admittedly im not pushing too hard to get past that as I rarely do anyway.

My only issue with daka at this point is she goes out fast. I've starred her since I posted this. I know id need to star jc but I backed off him for a but while I focused on others. I think maybe I'll pick up lumi since I know fighting her is a ****.

Anyway thanks for all the input.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Just hit 7* Barriss today. She heals for over 1300 passively at the beginning of each Jedi characters turn and the same amount to all characters when she hits 45% of the time. I rarely have to use active heals anymore.
  • Options
    Like Medetec said Barriss at 7* passively heals for 1300 also with her leader ability she heals everyone at the beginning of their turn for about a 1000. I have 107 GW wins. Lucky perhaps.

Barris (L), Poggle, Lumi, Dooku, RP/IG-86/FOTP/Sid/etc.

Hope this helps.
    Lestat 66 (Order 66 501st Division)

My Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/vampyrchief/