What am I doing wrong?? Gw question

Prev1
Ok. So I've read on here how people are running gw everyday and it's not a challenge yet I can't even get to or past node 6. So I'm obviously doing something wrong. My a team is -

Talia (7 stars but lvl 6 gear)
Sid as leader (6st/7gr)
Phasma (5st/6gr)
Royal grd (5st/7gr) or eeth (4st/6gr)

Sometimes I'll start jc (4st/6gr)

I also have old daka (4st/6gr) who I must be using wrong because she doesn't do a lot for me.

I'm starting to integrate oppress (3st/6gr) who I just got.

I know it's not the greatest team but I think with the power I am bringing I should at least be able to get past n6. Thoughts?

Thanks...

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    You lack of heal and dps =\
    I'd recommend Phasma (L), Talia, Daka, Sid, RG team though.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Try retreat.
  • Options
    The problem I can see is that you don't have enough healers in the team, so by node 6 your team is dead. The way to get through further is to have people healing your team consistently.

The best character for this is Bariss Offee, second best is Luminara, then Daka or Jedi Consular. Talia is a healer but because she damages herself she isn't useful for galactic war, since she essentially kills herself.

Focus on getting healers that I have listed above and you will improve your performance
  • Options
    Really? Phasma as a leader huh? Ok. My only problem daka is she's not doing a lot and maybe she's not powerful enough yet. At what level does she begin to become viable?
  • Options
    Everyone has their own way of doing it, so you'll get 10 different answers quickly. Here's mine. Healers. Healers, healers, healers. My battles take a little longer than most, but I make up for it in the time I don't spend retreating and trying nodes repeatedly. It takes time to get there. I only just got my GW team up to par and I've won my last 35ish in a row after never having beaten one. When I finally spent the effort to get toons better for GW it went quickly.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    You lack of heal and dps =\

This. I use Barriss, JC, and Lumi. Talia is not that great of a healer since she takes life away from herself.
  • Options
    Daka needs minimum 5* to be useful, and you need to level up the abilities to revive and heal others
  • Options
    My main squad is Lumi (L), Barris, QGJ, Sid and Phasma. I had trouble with it until I got Barris. Now it's pretty much a cakewalk.
  • Options
    I know lumi is good...or maybe she's just ai good because her dodges are ridiculous. I think the problem is I may have been focusing on attack too much...I mean, I use jc but he drops out fast. Eeth does great damage but he also gets knocked out quick. I've always liked talia, and being my only 7 star player I'm probably stuck with her for now.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Maxing out the abilities of JC is also key, especially with a Phasma lead, every basic attack from JC has a chance to reduce the cooldown on his heal, so that heal when maxed can g off very very often.

Also you never told us your level in the post so I am assuming that you are not at level 70, and sad to say that is likely also a big part of the problem. a large partof the time when people are finishing consistently they have a couple of squads that are max level gear and stars, so they cant technically be overmatched in any one fight and they have spares should anyone die.

For myself having JC, Lumi, Daka, and Barris it saves me alot of retreat time saying sure i can let that healer die ive got a replacement.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Talia is a healer but because she damages herself she isn't useful for galactic war, since she essentially kills herself.

@JonWonKenobi
    This is wrong. A geared and fully *'d Talia is absolutely great for healing. She does hurt herself, but she can over-heal what she did to herself with a simple auto attack. Her lifesteal is absolutely insane, and probably the best in the game, when she has full gear.

She also grants turn meter which also helps considerably.

@irishsheepdog

Everyone else is correct, though. You need a healer. JC is easy to farm (plenty of nodes + cantina) and he can heal almost every other turn for 3-4k. His only downfall is he is slow, but a QGJ lead can fix that.

Lumi is the best healer in the game.

Bariss is amazing but doesn't really bring damage. Still, she bypasses healing immunity and since GW has 90% Sids and 60% Kylo's, she is very good.

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    That sounds like your main problem. In the Arena, a lot of up front damage and attackers is a good thing but in GW, you need the support to allow the team to make it through 12 battles.
    As others have said, Barris is uniquely beneficial here since her health equalization gets around the Heal Immunity and you will most likely see Sid on 9 out of 12 attacks if not more.
  • Options
    okay @Toukai I was just going off my experience with her at lower levels, so i'm sure you would have a better knowledge than me about Talia at higher levels - perhaps she is viable for GW in that case
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Talia is a healer but because she damages herself she isn't useful for galactic war, since she essentially kills herself.

@JonWonKenobi
    This is wrong. A geared and fully *'d Talia is absolutely great for healing. She does hurt herself, but she can over-heal what she did to herself with a simple auto attack. Her lifesteal is absolutely insane, and probably the best in the game, when she has full gear.

@irishsheepdog

Everyone else is correct, though. You need a healer. JC is easy to farm (plenty of nodes + cantina) and he can heal almost every other turn for 3-4k. His only downfall is he is slow, but a QGJ lead can fix that.

Bariss is amazing but doesn't really bring damage. Still, she bypasses healing immunity and since GW has 90% Sids and 60% Kylo's, she is very good.

This really sums it up. I personally run Barriss, Lumi, Ahsoka, Daka and JC. Healer overkill. Like I said, my battles are a little longer, typically, but I never have to retreat and try a node multiple times.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @JonWonKenobi
    She is completely viable in GW as a healer and I use her when the AI is uppity about killing JC around nodes 8-10.

Her only downside comparitively is that she cannot heal every other turn (or once every 3 turns) and so she is under JC in that regard. However, I have her fully *'d and geared and she lifesteals on hit for about 1800-2k, which is about what she takes away from herself when she pops her heal.

She is viable, but not the best. Which is why I responded to your post :)
  • McPot45
    133 posts Member
    Options
    I found the best setup for GW is lumi lead, jc, daka, sid, dooku. 3 healers to keep u at or near 100% health, try to use JC's as much as possible only 2 turn cd, dooku/daka to stun, sid/dooku/daka to kill sids, I have beaten it many times without loosing 1 person of this team although it gets harder to do when ur facing all 70+/7star at like node 6 then you have to start playing around a bit but earlier on its easy to beat all GW with that team. Always try to kill sid/kylo first because of healing immunity, then kill healers, and then for the last 3-5 round use only all basic attacks to try to have as many cd fresh for next battle.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Really? Phasma as a leader huh? Ok. My only problem daka is she's not doing a lot and maybe she's not powerful enough yet. At what level does she begin to become viable?

She's not about damage. She can stan, heal and resurrect. With Phasma lead she can stun more here and there. That helps a lot.
  • Options
    My opinion: you need Lumi lead and support from another healer (I use JC). Lumi or Barriss lead is essential for GW due to their continuous passive heal leader ability. Your team might work for a while but after a few nodes they run out of health and you're done.
    I suggest Lumi because she's generally easier to get than Barriss. I'm guessing if you're having trouble finishing GW then you haven't unlocked Barriss' Cantina node yet, so she's next to impossible to farm.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Fast dps and heals makes it a lot easier.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

@JonWonKenobi

@irishsheepdog

Talia is a okay for secondary teams but not so great as a main healer in place of JC, Lumi, or Bariss.

Yes, she always has a small personal heal as part of her attack but her big heal isn't that great when she's low health and being picked on. I've countless times had Lumi and JC heal themselves and others off the brink of death, something Talia cannot do.

I'm not saying she's bad, but if you want to consistently finish GW, she does not belong on the A-squad.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    GW is done poorly. It's very common to hit an OP team in the first half which makes it impossible to clear unless you have 3 geared squads worth of characters.

The worst, most tedious aspect to this money pit of a game.
  • Options
    FeepCunner wrote: »
    GW is done poorly. It's very common to hit an OP team in the first half which makes it impossible to clear unless you have 3 geared squads worth of characters.

Yet, here you are...
  • Options
    Healers are a must in GW.
    I have a few I use on rotation.

Actually I stick with night sisters and ahsoka; they can all self-heal great.

For battles that need quick dispatching, I throw in GS and QGJ for quick kills.
    And when my team is low on health, I throw in Lumi with a heal on turn 1, which guarantees 2 turns of healing + no CD by end of the fight.

I want to make sure lumi has no CD on her heal for when I need her in the 9-11 nodes.
  • Options
    I wish they got rid of that human element in GW, most humans are as appealing to me as an acid secreting fungus taking up residence on my boots.
  • Options
    JC and ewok elder were are useful sometimes, but AI seem to focus on them 100% all the **** time, almost guaranteeing their death if I use them...

Also Talia is great when her abilities are lvld up.
    Her heal is great, and gives everyone a TM boost, plus she heals 100% of the DMG she deals every turn.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

@JonWonKenobi

@irishsheepdog

Talia is a okay for secondary teams but not so great as a main healer in place of JC, Lumi, or Bariss.

Yes, she always has a small personal heal as part of her attack but her big heal isn't that great when she's low health and being picked on. I've countless times had Lumi and JC heal themselves and others off the brink of death, something Talia cannot do.

I'm not saying she's bad, but if you want to consistently finish GW, she does not belong on the A-squad.

@Yudoka , see:
    @JonWonKenobi
    She is completely viable in GW as a healer and I use her when the AI is uppity about killing JC around nodes 8-10.

Her only downside comparitively is that she cannot heal every other turn (or once every 3 turns) and so she is under JC in that regard. However, I have her fully *'d and geared and she lifesteals on hit for about 1800-2k, which is about what she takes away from herself when she pops her heal.

She is viable, but not the best. Which is why I responded to your post :)

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    FeepCunner wrote: »

This is only true if your main squad isn't balanced (2+ healers, and DPS) and close to being full stars, level, and gear. But you don't need your main squad maxed, and certainly don't need 2 other maxed squads.

I've cleared 30 GW's in a row with a team that wasn't ever level capped nor any 7*. All my other characters are level 1-65 with most being 4* or less.

You mainly need to know how to properly use the retreat option (as in what to do after you get back in), and properly use suicide toons and squads (you don't need to send in a full squad; you can send in just a single guy to have the opposing team use up some key cooldowns like Doku's lightning).

GW is more about strategy than brute force.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • mriguy
    23 posts Member
    Options
    My advice: reduce your arena power. I would guess after looking at your top toons, you probably run Sid and Talia in arena. They have high power ratings but don't do huge damage. Your arena rank will start dropping if you reduce your power, but you will have a better chance completing GW. I still run a 2* RG in Arena cuz his power is so low.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

This. I run Talia with either the Burn unit or to save JC for later.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The best character for this is Bariss Offee, second best is Luminara, then Daka or Jedi Consular. Talia is a healer but because she damages herself she isn't useful for galactic war, since she essentially kills herself.

LOL, it depends on how you USE Talia, you apparently either don't have her geared \ star as I do, or you are not using the right leader.. I have pretty much ALL night sisters maxed, except for Acolyte. I make Asajj leader to give speed boost.. Talia RULES, she can not only law down damage but she, Asajj, Initiate can SELF heal, no need to heal them..

So it depends on your composition.. You can't rule out Talia since I make it PAST node 6 JUST using Talia.. and the other sisters.. easily...

Asajj (leader) for nightsister speed
    NS Initiate
    Talia (healer)
    Vader 4*, HK-47 (for AOE)

Asajj, HK and NS Initiate are 7*, Talia is 6, I can make it to about 8 before I need to bring in my main jedi squad.. fully healed with no cooldown I might add.. so the rest of GW is a breeze.