Jawa, good, bad, or great

Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've been using jawa at 7* 71, gear 10. I think this little guy is a truck with great evasion if Dathcha is alive. When the next jawa, either engineer or nebit, is released, maybe jawas will be meta
In arena he's hit 10k crit with basic (debuff was effect)
In the attacker challenge I hit 42k damage with him.
What is your opinion

Jawa, good, bad, or great 71 votes

Jawa Is great
9%
Khorvog_KarbossaHurricaneDanixAltoon33UriakatosHeppsCarth_Onassi1973 7 votes
Jawa Is fine
57%
SlyGambitJabberwockySkitskalleThelubricantSekubenacrowPlague_IncKAULIArijitunit900000DanP91Megadeth3700MikymateSlyKrysisIrrlichtKyleKatarnarcanahunterZogganFinalGreyJediBostonmess 41 votes
Jawa Is bad
16%
UshoWildcats1203McPot45MattSaxJohnnyudesForceMondeoPikasietmappiFinityBilbaomexico___gumpyDarth_Vlad 12 votes
Jawa will be new meta
15%
Msor1980Syth_HunterBrazilian_JoeSeleucusSikhoCollinFJbizzyGcapGamesArtistKeyMan64xTheDukeofDukes22SpiveyJr 11 votes

Replies

• Options
    Jawa Is fine
    He can get to gear 9 at the moment but that advantage will be lost with the cap raise where everyone else can catch up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jawa Is fine
    Jawa Engineer is what will make the team, it gets such a big speed bonus. Jawa is meh imo but it's going to be needed for a full team. Although you can just play Engineer in a droid centric team with poggle but that revive is RNG still so I'd make 4/3 Jawa and 1/2 droids. Gonna have fun when he's released
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    He can get to gear 9 at the moment but that advantage will be lost with the cap raise where everyone else can catch up.

Mine is 10 actually
    Screenshot_2016-04-04-14-26-04_zps1scg7gsu.png
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa Is bad
    Ugly
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    READ MY THREAD FROM YESTERDAY:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24788/dreaming-of-jawa-engineer-and-chief-nebit

Jawa Engineer has the ability to really shake things up! He has 153 Speed then +10 Speed for each Jawa or Droid! He could have speed of 193!!!

Link to all of the great info about Jawa Engineer:
    swgoh.gg/characters/jawa-engineer/

I have Dathcha Level 71, 7* and 1 gear short of Gear IX.
    I have Jawa Level 70, 1 gear slot short of Gear IX and he will be 5* tonight as I have 59/65 shards.

I want Jawa Engineer and Chief Nebit!
    I am glad to see another thread on the topic. Hopefully the developers listen if there are enough of us. :smile:
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    Link to some info on Chief Nebit: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebit
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    Personally my team I'm working on:
    Jawa / Dathcha / poggle all done
    Ig88 almost done, leader
    Poe, Soon

Will replace poe with engineer though
  • Options
    I have a gear X Jawa. Sadly, he is not good enough for Arena - Rey, GS and QGJ are both faster and better dps, whereas for other slots there are also more useful chars (such as Yoda, Dooku, Lumi, Daka)
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    @Khorvog_Karbossa
    For speed, you would run Engineer as lead since he gets +10 for each Jawa/Droid....if that is a leader ability. I think...That is how you would get to Speed 193. But with IG88 as lead you get +Critical Chance. Hmmmm. Different ways to build the team for sure. Poggle might be interesting to have in there. Hmmm.

No doubt about it, I want Engineer but it would be cool if they added Chief Nebit as well. There are 4 ewoks, why not 4 jawa? :smiley:
  • Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa Hitting 42k in the attacker challenge isn't really relevant as the bosses are heavily debuffed
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    @KeyMan64x engineer speed is a unique, he doesn't have a leader ability

So battle would ideally go
    Engineer goes first, gives everyone turn meter
    Poggle buff
    3 aoe from the others
    Clean-up

The bonus is that jawa aoe stuns everyone at 80 (high chance droids, 25% everyone else), and the other 2 have aoe ability block
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    Starjumper wrote: »
    @Khorvog_Karbossa Hitting 42k in the attacker challenge isn't really relevant as the bosses are heavily debuffed

I know, but it's fun to see that number
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa engineer will make for a nice team of ig 88 lead, ig86, datcha, jawa, engineer. Giving engineer a nice speed boost, lots of aoe, heals, droid res if 86/88 goes down, speed boost for 86/88, and lots of crits for 88 for massive damage. I could get on board with that!
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku lead jawa team is gewd I presume lol
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    @KeyMan64x engineer speed is a unique, he doesn't have a leader ability

So battle would ideally go
    Engineer goes first, gives everyone turn meter
    Poggle buff
    3 aoe from the others
    Clean-up

The bonus is that jawa aoe stuns everyone at 80 (high chance droids, 25% everyone else), and the other 2 have aoe ability block
    Sweet...so we need Chief Nebit as Lead then. Nothing says leader like the word Chief. :)
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    @Khorvog_Karbossa
    Any way you can show a video of your Jawa in action? I want to see that. :)
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jawa Is great
    @KeyMan64x here it is. sorry for no music, but in-game music was being dumb. basically jawa wrecked the other team, but imo never use his aoe unless you need to stun ig88 or ig86, or need to off an enemy that only has 10% health. not sure how great he is against meta teams, before i was rank 300, but this team has been slowly ranking me up, with very few loses.

https://youtu.be/xKn1kwp-kM8
  • Options
    Jawa will be new meta
    Cool, thanks @Khorvog_Karbossa :)
    He does hit harder than Dathcha.
    While watching the video I was bummed when he got killed but it was awesome when Daka brought him back. His health isn't very high but that's okay. We need Jawa Engineer and Chief Nebit for sure.
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    I'd be happy just to see a different toon wreck it. Jawas are cool!
  • DanP91
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa Is fine
    I run Datcha 7* gear 9 and Jawa 7* gear 9 with poggle and IG 86. I've been trying to find a leader for the group for a week now. Tried Boba 4* gear 8, Sid Max, Phasma 6* gear 8 and Lum 7* gear 8. None of them work really great, but Lum was doing the best up until the update. I finished as high as 68 on an early December server, but now it's tough to stay in the top 200. Have Doku 4* and gear 7 I may try soon. Other than that I'm lost until a new character is released.
  • DanP91
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa Is fine
    And Khorvog, how is your Jawa at gear 10 at level 71?? I cannot equip two gear 9pieces until level 74 and 79!!
  • Options
    Hoping he's a beast when he slots into my Tatooine squad of (currently) Luke, the Jawas & the Tuskens.
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    DanP91 wrote: »
    And Khorvog, how is your Jawa at gear 10 at level 71?? I cannot equip two gear 9pieces until level 74 and 79!!
    @DanP91
    In the recent update, they changed gear of Jawa for rank 9. If you had gear in certain slots already, it replaced that gear with the lvl 74 item. so, with that gear change, I was able to finish gear 9 and upgrade to 10
  • Options
    Again, even at gear X, Jawa is - currently, at least - not worth an arena team spot, as for pure dps, there are better options (QGJ, Rey, GS). Other two slots have better candidates too: Dooku, Yoda, Lumi, Old Daka, RG
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    I also have him g10 7*
    If i place him in my lineup droid teams dont stand a chance
  • Options
    Jawa Is great
    Oh and i believe he will be the new meta.