Gear boxes in Conquest crates

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CaesarAM wrote: »

You do recognize that this is different than that, correct?

Or do you see people aiming for lower reward boxes in Conquest?

Yes I recognize it’s not exactly the same. Challenges don’t include shards or relic mats and are a much smaller and less complicated reward set.

But you do recognize they have set up a system…as they have in the past…where I can be rational to NOT aim for max rewards? And as a previous poster noted, there is another event, Contraband Cargo, where that is precisely what many do, aim for rewards that aren’t the highest tier. In Challenges, they recognized the problem with this and changed it. While this is a far more complex reward set, I think the basic philosophy is at work in both cases.

Furthermore, if they want to press people to engage fully for the full event, as they have stated as a goal, why in the world do anything at all to incentivize anyone to stop before the max reward? That’s completely inconsistent. I don’t know if anyone is doing that or would, but I do know plenty of people are perfectly content to just reach box 4 or 5 and leave it at that. Can’t speak to all the reasons for doing so, but I did give it consideration.

No they have not, because in the current system the goal of the higher boxes is to reward exclusive things and characters that have a very different impact on a players roster.

But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards. That should tell us something about this setup.

Have you seen anyone target lower than the max crate they can get for this reason? (Not liking the current Conquest format doesn't count)

Here's another one: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249030/conquest-reward-drops#latest
  • Options
    Why my rewards are calculated wrongly, as I've completed all my stages on easy tire, with around 600+ key cards, but I received my rewards saying I earned only 363 key cards, with 20 Mail & 10 Ashoka shards. I've managed to obtained all the crates for easy tire except the red one. Should the rewards being calculated base on all the crates you've obtained?
    No. You get the rewards listed in the highest crate. You don’t get all the lower crates added to it.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yes I recognize it’s not exactly the same. Challenges don’t include shards or relic mats and are a much smaller and less complicated reward set.

But you do recognize they have set up a system…as they have in the past…where I can be rational to NOT aim for max rewards? And as a previous poster noted, there is another event, Contraband Cargo, where that is precisely what many do, aim for rewards that aren’t the highest tier. In Challenges, they recognized the problem with this and changed it. While this is a far more complex reward set, I think the basic philosophy is at work in both cases.

Furthermore, if they want to press people to engage fully for the full event, as they have stated as a goal, why in the world do anything at all to incentivize anyone to stop before the max reward? That’s completely inconsistent. I don’t know if anyone is doing that or would, but I do know plenty of people are perfectly content to just reach box 4 or 5 and leave it at that. Can’t speak to all the reasons for doing so, but I did give it consideration.

No they have not, because in the current system the goal of the higher boxes is to reward exclusive things and characters that have a very different impact on a players roster.

But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards. That should tell us something about this setup.

Have you seen anyone target lower than the max crate they can get for this reason? (Not liking the current Conquest format doesn't count)

Here's another one: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249030/conquest-reward-drops#latest

No response...I wonder why that is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Because people saying the same thing, but with no actual breakdown of what makes one better over the other, is not worth discussing.

It's great that people feel that way. People feel and say alot of things, but it doesn't make it true.

Yes you get different things in higher boxes. Yes they offer less of some things and more of others and even exclusive stuff.

It's a trade off. If anyone here feels that they are actually benefiting from a lower box go for it. You will get ahead of everyone else and no one will know why. If CG catches on they will make changes to the rewards boxes, but you will have out smarted them in the meantime. You do you, and see how it plays out in the end.
  • Options

Because people saying the same thing, but with no actual breakdown of what makes one better over the other, is not worth discussing.

It's great that people feel that way. People feel and say alot of things, but it doesn't make it true.

Yes you get different things in higher boxes. Yes they offer less of some things and more of others and even exclusive stuff.

It's a trade off. If anyone here feels that they are actually benefiting from a lower box go for it. You will get ahead of everyone else and no one will know why. If CG catches on they will make changes to the rewards boxes, but you will have out smarted them in the meantime. You do you, and see how it plays out in the end.

You seem to have taken "you're wrong and I'm sure you won't be back to admit it" to heart, which is ironic seeing how that's a line you've used against others in the past. If it's so not worth discussing then maybe you should've thought of that before using the "fact" that you hadn't seen anyone claiming so to support your opinion about the current reward system
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe people are even debating this.

The exclusive rewards are the prize draw here. No amount of additional gear salvage could ever equate to the shards of the exclusive ship / character.

Anyone claiming that a lower reward box is equivalent, or even “better”, than the max crate is being remarkably short sighted. Just ask anyone who has unlocked JMK but did not get CAT from conquests 4-6 if they would have swapped the extra gear salvage they got for being able to unlock CAT.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

The exclusive rewards are the prize draw here. No amount of additional gear salvage could ever equate to the shards of the exclusive ship / character.

Anyone claiming that a lower reward box is equivalent, or even “better”, than the max crate is being remarkably short sighted. Just ask anyone who has unlocked JMK but did not get CAT from conquests 4-6 if they would have swapped the extra gear salvage they got for being able to unlock CAT.

But wouldn’t it be better if you could get both the gear salvage AND the exclusive shards?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

But wouldn’t it be better if you could get both the gear salvage AND the exclusive shards?
    Of course it would.

Wouldn’t it be better if we got 30 more shards and 2 fully crafted Kyro as well?

Rewards could always be better. That’s not what I’m disputing. I’m disputing that there’s any question which of the crates that we can actually earn is the best one. The best reward crate is the one that gives you the most of the thing you can’t earn anywhere else.

• Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is there an explanation for why crate 5 has more gear boxes in it that crate 7? I assume there’s a good reason since I haven’t really seen this brought up as a complaint. But very curious as to the reason.
    My belief has been that its a catchup mechanic for newer / midgame players to get up to speed with endgame players without letting the endgame players get too far ahead

Unfair for endgame, but all catchup mechanics would be like that

I do think the relic materials should be severely increased in the endgame crate in exchange for the gear lost