4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    It still does not fix the issues at hand, we cannot get the gear to craft.

Maybe you win the missing gear by fighting the Rancor (and presumably it will take many squads of toons to kill it).
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    That's definitely a rancor, but is it an April fools joke that won't go away?
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway I really like the teaser. It seems some sort of animal coming out.

But this thread will be fun to read....lol
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's probably a new table where you play beasts like Chewy and C3P0 played on the Falcon.

And absolutely nothing in that trailer said ships or guilds.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    So Rancor its big Boss and we fight him to get gear,great! Its better come very soon!!
  • Advan
    14 posts Member
    Options
    What a complete waste of everyone's time with an announcement to announce somethings coming later this month. Yea you could have just said that Thursday. Make us wait for something to come with nothing to it
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's clearly a event to defeat a rancor .... Jaba door and roar ;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want to be rude but what the actual heck is that? Seriously a little explanation would be nice.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So the big thing...was a trailer for something that is going to happen at the end of the month?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    this is incredibly depressing. Running into 151 speed reys without any way to get mine any higher is just weird. Everyone who hits 73 (unless they precrafted) will be stuck at gear.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    So... How do we get that gear that's not in the game yet?

This.
    {RotE}
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    considering the teaster asks if your collection is ready, Im going to think its an OP boss battle, like GW but only one boss that requires multiple battles. Generally these types of battles are used in multiplayer co op. But that might just be wishful thinking.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    this is incredibly depressing. Running into 151 speed reys without any way to get mine any higher is just weird. Everyone who hits 73 (unless they precrafted) will be stuck at gear.

And so it has begun...
  • Options
    Maybe this event will be limited for Scoundrels?
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Advan wrote: »
    What a complete waste of everyone's time with an announcement to announce somethings coming later this month. Yea you could have just said that Thursday. Make us wait for something to come with nothing to it

+1
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    So.... Rancor drops purple mk10 items? Sounds like a huge grind
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

+1
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    I don't want to be rude but what the actual heck is that? Seriously a little explanation would be nice.

Its a monster who Luke had to fight him in the movie Return Of The Jedi,in the Jabba the Hut pit
    Its called Rancor
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe this event will be limited for Scoundrels?

And you got that from...?
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    considering the teaster asks if your collection is ready, Im going to think its an OP boss battle, like GW but only one boss that requires multiple battles. Generally these types of battles are used in multiplayer co op. But that might just be wishful thinking.

"is your collection ready" Makes it sound like it has nothing to do with multiplayer.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    It WAS and announcement of an announcement! Extrapolating here but this looks like cooperative/guild raids are coming.

Hell yeah that would be awesome
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    So the big announcement is that there will be a big announcement?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, so maybe Jabba's palace / scoundrel raid?

And it was an announcement of an announcement! I thought we were getting a new gear battle or something to address the unobtanium gear haha. They get me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=larzCyTk59I
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    slmcmr wrote: »

Its a monster who Luke had to fight him in the movie Return Of The Jedi,in the Jabba the Hut pit
    Its called Rancor

Ok thanks. Starting to make sense now.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »

"is your collection ready" Makes it sound like it has nothing to do with multiplayer.

But the text also says: "This update adds exciting new features that will have you playing with other players like never before." Cooperative multiplayer is what it sounds like.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    A door and two headlines... saying: "Are you ready??"

Well THATS a teaser!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Beasts as epic bosses! I have been thinking that it would be sweet for quite a while but I never thought it will actually happen. Definitely a pleasant surprise for me!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    LOL. That would have to work its way up to being a teaser.
    "Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update..." - Apparently not counting this week because that was 18 seconds with no information in it whatsoever.
    You guys can't even build excitement competently.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    So the big announcement is that there will be a big announcement?

Isn't it funny that this is what we joked about CG doing.... AS A JOKE. And it is exactly what they did?

An announcement on a future announcement about a future update.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Baha. To all that were saying that fridays announcement for Monday was going to be an announcement of an announcement, kudos.

I love that they are adding more content, but a seventeen second teaser that tells us nothing? Better to have just dropped the teaser without building the hype for it.

To those who say that they showed us something, the rancor, I say we still know nothing. Is it an event? A new mode? A challenge?

I suppose it gives us something else to talk about on the forums aside from the impossible gear reqs.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.