4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Aquatronic wrote: »
    I struggled with GW until I stopped leveling at 66 and upgraded my gear. I put together a decent A-team and a so-so B-team. Use some of the tips on this forum. Retreat when in trouble, change positions if a squishy character gets hammered, use throw away teams to soak up first round special attacks etc.

Once I started beating GW everyday, I went ahead and slowly promoted my A-team to level 70. Now I finish GW last node with my B-team while my A-team sits on the bench.

This guy speaks the truth. Hell I only upgraded some chars to mid 50s from 50 recently, to get a better crack at getting 5 star Yoda. Take your time. I dunno if once you break certain markers with Arena power can you undo them to unscrew yourself from a potentially lethal GW setup.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Finn wrote: »
    So where is the update?

To what update are you referring?

There was a content update Thursday. On Friday, as part of the weekly "Developer Update" there was mention of a Monday announcement. Monday there was an announcement that included a short video and a confirmation of upcoming "guilds, raids, guild chat and more." Not exactly sure what you're asking about here.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Updated a section of my Developer Update post:

"Over the next few weeks. we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update which will launch towards the end of this month. This is our biggest update yet that includes Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat and more. Raids will introduce new rewards you can’t get anywhere else, including new pieces of junk. We can't wait to get it into your hands and ignore what you think!"

Also to answer the question, yes, gear that is currently not showing up when doing reverse lookup will come from IAPS.

Fixed it for you

Not cool
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    mel wrote: »
    So if you don't want to join a guild you can't get gear to upgrade your squad? Seems lame.

You can be in my guild. You will never find a more wretched hive of trolls and hilarity.

Whats ur guild so i can avoid it?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    So if you don't want to join a guild you can't get gear to upgrade your squad? Seems lame.

You can be in my guild. You will never find a more wretched hive of trolls and hilarity.

Your troll is showing...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »

Your troll is showing...

This guy just starts controversy for no reason. I want to make sure im not in same guild as him
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    There goes the neighborhood...

It is as I have feared, and Raid loot will be necessary. Better yet, I will have to depend on you sorry lot of miscreants to help me get it.

OK then, do not let me down.

Remember those speeches you gave me about how awesome Guilds are?

Prove it.

You could always quit. Why would any guild want you after all the nonsense you've spouted? You'd bring nothing but drama...as you always do.

Count me as excited for guilds and the fun content it brings. But that doesn't make it any less lame that the changes to gear were made to current gear levels rather than the next up....
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My hopes for Guilds and Raids:
    1. 100% optional-Not required to be in a guild in order to raid (This can be done via PUGs or continue the single player turn based experience.)
    2. Easy way to join and leave a guild in game.
    3. This one is very important, limit collusion on the arena ladder in some way. This may require a chance to how awards are paid out, or the mechanics of arena all together. What I don't want is a bunch of elitist jerks (reference intended) trying to control leader boards.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Count me as excited for guilds and the fun content it brings. But that doesn't make it any less lame that the changes to gear were made to current gear levels rather than the next up....
    +1

Guilds, raids and new content are a solid move in the right direction. But not one that abdicates CG/EA of the problem with the current gear issues.

• Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    1. 100% optional-Not required to be in a guild in order to raid (This can be done via PUGs or continue the single player turn based experience.)
    2. Easy way to join and leave a guild in game.
    3. This one is very important, limit collusion on the arena ladder in some way. This may require a chance to how awards are paid out, or the mechanics of arena all together. What I don't want is a bunch of elitist jerks (reference intended) trying to control leader boards.

All of these things.

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jesse:"We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big."

This sentence on its own is fine. It was for me. It implies something big, but the emphasis on "big" sort of implies size.. Never would i have guess rancor, mind u.

The misunderstanding happened because this sentence followed a sentence about a solution to gear farming. Ppl made a mental leap of faith, and came to wrong conclusion. Ideally, this should have been moved to a new paragraph to signify new thought. But slight wording mistakes can happen, and this was an ever slight oversight. Cant blame the guy

And yes, that video was a teaser. Teasers in general give little info, and this one did that well
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Who actually said Raid's and Guilds were interdependent?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Unless you have open raids (anyone can join), you are 100% dependent on your guild master.

Tip: Buy him/ her iTunes gift cards or talk cute on Skype to secure a raid spot
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody said it but the "Guilds, Raids, and Guild Chat" implies that they are connected. I hope guilds won't be mandatory. Even though I would be willing to join one, I don't want to be mandated to in order to experience new content. I was a guild co-leader in WoW through the WoLK expansion and it was fun but I really don't have the time for that kind of interaction at this point in my life.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Unless you have open raids (anyone can join), you are 100% dependent on your guild master.

I think too many people are expecting WoW raids.. when this will be nothing of the sort (at least that is my assumption). In previous mobile games I have played, a raid was just a "boss" mob who had insane amounts of damage and each member of the guild had to use their roster to help take it down. The damage that each guild member did was combined with the other guild members. It wasn't like you even "grouped up" or anything. You didn't get loot drops that your GM had to split... everyone who hit the required level all got the same "loot." This is a mobile game guys... this is just another way to play but it isn't going to push the game into desktop territory. If it did, it would be better than Battlefront! :)
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

This is my biggest concern with it. Again, I have a hunch they'll just get rid of Arena since I believe there was talk in the past from devs about revamping arena (aka "guilds"), and also my hunch that in their eyes, it is "too easy" for us to collect crystals this way without spending cash-- if you look at every other means to gain crystals, arena is waaaay overcompensating us (in their eyes, I am sure).
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

This is my biggest concern with it. Again, I have a hunch they'll just get rid of Arena since I believe there was talk in the past from devs about revamping arena (aka "guilds"), and also my hunch that in their eyes, it is "too easy" for us to collect crystals this way without spending cash-- if you look at every other means to gain crystals, arena is waaaay overcompensating us (in their eyes, I am sure).

If they change it i hope its to getting more rewards
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    It is as I have feared, and Raid loot will be necessary. Better yet, I will have to depend on you sorry lot of miscreants to help me get it.

Cheer up @Timitock

I'm sure you will be able to still be competitive and play solo surely. You don't really have to play with anyone you don't want to in this game. You could also get your own Guild going and pick and choose who you want to play with so you can find like-minded players and have fun with the feature if you are worried about missing out on some additional crystals, credits or other.

All is not lost, have faith!!!!!
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options

This can be done now. There many forms of communications that people on the same server can use to band together to knock people around. You don't need an in game chat or guild to do this.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

I think too many people are expecting WoW raids.. when this will be nothing of the sort (at least that is my assumption). In previous mobile games I have played, a raid was just a "boss" mob who had insane amounts of damage and each member of the guild had to use their roster to help take it down. The damage that each guild member did was combined with the other guild members. It wasn't like you even "grouped up" or anything. You didn't get loot drops that your GM had to split... everyone who hit the required level all got the same "loot." This is a mobile game guys... this is just another way to play but it isn't going to push the game into desktop territory. If it did, it would be better than Battlefront! :)

+1

This is exactly how it's been in every other mobile game I've played.
  • Options

This will end up being like a WoW raid. No other possibility.
    Guild runs will contain maxed out whales, few skilled F2Ps and others who get carried.

Just wait and watch.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

This can be done now. There many forms of communications that people on the same server can use to band together to knock people around. You don't need an in game chat or guild to do this.

Be in a guild but just dont talk much. Ppl will think ur mysterious n wise... Hah
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

This will end up being like a WoW raid. No other possibility.
    Guild runs will contain maxed out whales, few skilled F2Ps and others who get carried.

Just wait and watch.

The absolute worst would be if they did guild vs guild
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Of course it can, but there are sufficient barriers in place now that it is not commonplace-- at least not on either server I play on, and I haven't heard many folks complaining about locking down entire leaderboards. Make no mistake, this will happen on a large scale once in-game chat is implemented unless something is done to prevent it.

Can you imagine only needing to PM any couple random guys in the top of your ladder to lock out the annoying whale? Or, having it happen to you? etc..

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Of course it can, but there are sufficient barriers in place now that it is not commonplace-- at least not on either server I play on, and I haven't heard many folks complaining about locking down entire leaderboards. Make no mistake, this will happen on a large scale once in-game chat is implemented unless something is done to prevent it.

Can you imagine only needing to PM any couple random guys in the top of your ladder to lock out the annoying whale? Or, having it happen to you? etc..

Exactly. I would rather see arena go away than it become that. It is difficult enough in a solo game to snipe considering how easy it is to lock out the last 10 minutes before pay out. Now think about that East coast guy in your guild that would normally just not worry about the leaderboard after his payout influencing the leaderboard of a central or mountain time zone player because a "guildy" wants to stay in the top 5.

They should put huge banners with the name of the guild under the player name so if something like this happens, we can come here and call them out for being jerks.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    AKK889 wrote: »
    The part where he says "will have you playing with other players like never before" makes me drool.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. When has anything we've been promised been even remotely as good as they hyped it to be?
    +1Mil. I have little to zero faith in them. Everything was better 5 months ago before they started the shameless cash grabs.