TW defensive placements and MM 10-17 [MERGE]

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    The fix is so easy and obvious.
    Simply hire the person who made the bot for discord. Apparently they are a genius and can make a worth while programs that help us so much.
    It wont hurt your ego devs to ask them privately for help.

A bot that grabs data and has a great display graphics, doesn't have anything to do with matchmaking.

Perhaps their point is that the bot attempts to display relevant information about matchups because the creator understands TW from a players perspective.
  • Options
    They have 6 8qq2kin3t0j3.jpeg
    placeholders in the guild- then migrated 44 here for the matchup. Yea the 6 placeholders are just alt accounts. Stack the guild then sandbag to victory and more relic 9 mats

Except there is no such thing as "Stacking the Guild" Those 6 are likely alts because they just had 6 people leave and are covering their 600; guild shakeups are happening everywhere because of this TW.

Nobody before, and nobody now is intentionally sitting folks. Now what could likely be happening is they are not pushing people as hard so they get into the reward bracket they want. Though I think it is more likely that they are pushing people to join to they get a chance at 2 brains instead of 1, or 3 instead of 2. Every guild except some of the top elite guilds have always had people that didn't want to do TW and so they always went in with less than 50, and they sometimes got good match-ups as a result.

Now guilds want to encourage people to participate because everyone wants the brains, and people are leaving their guilds for stronger guilds to get them, so there are alts, and holes all over the place. You also still have people on vacation, busy at work, etc... (real life stuff) that prevent them from committing to a TW.

I agree, the matchmaking needs improvement, but directing your frustration and blame towards the guilds is misguided and wrong.
  • Options
    Yeah, we got matched up with a guild that had 54m gp on us with 65% more GLs than we have! Come on CG!! This is rediculous!!! This is what "improved matchmaking" looks like? No thanks!!

But you realize the reality is that many of those GLs are not in the war, right?
  • Options
    Clanomadd wrote: »
    But you realize the reality is that many of those GLs are not in the war, right?

I would bet they actually are. We had a match up at 290M against a 351M guild. Every one from both guilds players signed up. Was 50v50. They had 124 more GL's than us.

• Options
    placeholders in the guild- then migrated 44 here for the matchup. Yea the 6 placeholders are just alt accounts. Stack the guild then sandbag to victory and more relic 9 mats

Except there is no such thing as "Stacking the Guild" Those 6 are likely alts because they just had 6 people leave and are covering their 600; guild shakeups are happening everywhere because of this TW.

Nobody before, and nobody now is intentionally sitting folks. Now what could likely be happening is they are not pushing people as hard so they get into the reward bracket they want. Though I think it is more likely that they are pushing people to join to they get a chance at 2 brains instead of 1, or 3 instead of 2. Every guild except some of the top elite guilds have always had people that didn't want to do TW and so they always went in with less than 50, and they sometimes got good match-ups as a result.

Now guilds want to encourage people to participate because everyone wants the brains, and people are leaving their guilds for stronger guilds to get them, so there are alts, and holes all over the place. You also still have people on vacation, busy at work, etc... (real life stuff) that prevent them from committing to a TW.

I agree, the matchmaking needs improvement, but directing your frustration and blame towards the guilds is misguided and wrong.

They told me they sat 6. Their 6 alts hold this guild for tw. They bring 40 here from their alliance/ then go back to their homes after tw.

• Options
    I get some believe it isn’t sandbagging if people just choose not to join. Just like in Spades - it’s still a bag no matter how many tricks you take intentionally or not. It’s the same thing in Tw, only here you are rewarded with an easier match and r9 mats rather than being punished !
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »

I would bet they actually are. We had a match up at 290M against a 351M guild. Every one from both guilds players signed up. Was 50v50. They had 124 more GL's than us.

That is insanely messed up. A couple of quick checks after their "algorithm" could prevent that sort of thing. I suppose at some point in the process you have to make a match and if there is nobody in the desired GP range available you take the next best you can find.
  • Options

They told me they sat 6. Their 6 alts hold this guild for tw. They bring 40 here from their alliance/ then go back to their homes after tw.

That actually is a smart was to keep an alliance together if it is made of guilds that with a mix of strong and weaker players that have been together for a long time. Instead of leaving the guilds forever, the stronger players can come together every couple of weeks to get their droid brains when otherwise they would get none.
  • Options
    Your reward should be based on your opponent's active GP, not yours. I think the great NERF makes more sense in the context of feeding smaller guilds to larger guilds so the larger guilds can get their R9 materials without needing to be as competent. non-GL counter teams provided more TW focused guilds a way to make up for the GP disparity of being down, say 30 GLs. Take away the soft counters, increase the GP variance in matchmaking, and voila - the health of the game is intact, in the sense that the revenue continues to flow. Incentivize players to add more GP to go get into the bigger guilds to get some guaranteed droid brains!
  • Options
    We had 39-77 in GLs which is basically not worth even trying to fight. Please revert this matchmaking.
  • Options

Well someone is lying here and I suspect it is you. Someone from that guild posted earlier. The day that screenshot was posted swgoh.gg was messed up and not showing all the members. A 7.8 million alt? Sure....
  • Options
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

Well someone is lying here and I suspect it is you. Someone from that guild posted earlier. The day that screenshot was posted swgoh.gg was messed up and not showing all the members. A 7.8 million alt? Sure....

ppl do buy or gift accounts, you know.