Did I miss something?

Reading this forum I got the impression CG was intending to ease the gear crunch
Then they release the latest Galactic challenge.
How many has a good Jawa team?
How much gear is needed to gear up the jawas?
Is it worth it?
If you don have the jawas how do you get the detonator feat? (Does this feat even work?)

I love this game but please CG you really need to give the player base some love now and not just release stuff that further irritate players.

Replies

• Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Reading this forum I got the impression CG was intending to ease the gear crunch
    Is it worth it?
    If you don have the jawas how do you get the detonator feat? (Does this feat even work?)

I love this game but please CG you really need to give the player base some love now and not just release stuff that further irritate players.

This is one of those “unless you whale on a random faction, you don’t get the max crate” things.

For this GC you need jawas at G12 minimum with pure protection mods. Relic is most likely more needed unless you wanna just sit their and pray to RNGesus for lucky thermals against actual. murder bears

Long story short? There’s always gonna be a GC like this tossed in and the gear investment or the top prizes is nowhere near worth it.
  • Options
    Skelturix posted a strategy video where all Jawas were g10-11 and he got red crate. No idea how many attempts, but g12 isn’t minimum requirement.

I don’t understand the complaint here. The difference between gold and red crate is minimal, and surely if you’re referencing the gear crunch the answer is simple: it is 100% not worth gearing up your Jawas just to get the difference between the top 2 crates. Ask yourself this: if you had the gear to take your Jawas to g12 sitting spare, would you use it just for these rewards?

Is every player entitled to the red crate in every single Galactic Challenge? No. You need to earn it.

If it was an Imperial Trooper or Rebels themed Challenge, would people still come on here and complain that they can’t get red crate because their Troopers or Rebels are too low? Maybe, but would people take that seriously?

Challenge is free stuff. If you have a diverse, developed roster you get more free stuff than people who don’t. I don’t see a problem with that, personally.

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/characters/?f=Jawa

And for transparency, these Jawas - completely untouched for years - got the faction feat high enough for me to get the gold crate first attempt.
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Dude, you gotta relic your jawas for that GC. That alone spells "EA is out to get compulsive buyers". Just do your best with what you got. Another GC will come in a few days.
  • Options
    Could use Bounty Hunters - Zam, Dengar, Greedo have Thermal detonators but Jawa's pile on the detonators so you can quickly get 40 or so in about 3-4 turns. Its a challenge - hence the name, some you are prepped for others, you may have to work at...takes time or money - your choice.
  • Options
    Machinist wrote: »
    Dude, you gotta relic your jawas for that GC. That alone spells "EA is out to get compulsive buyers". Just do your best with what you got. Another GC will come in a few days.

See post directly above yours
  • Options
    Machinist wrote: »

Incorrect. I got max crate with 2x g8+3x g9 jawas. Lots of rng and took me a good number of tries before it fell in my direction but shows it can be done. I followed skelturix mod recommendation. Got engineer to 277 speed to go first. All other jawas modded for as much protection as possible.
  • Options
    I didn’t remod my jawas. 3xG12 and 2xG11. I just go in and hit auto, and it is done after second try. Lol
  • Options
    Did it with g9-g11 no need for g12. It's just RNG and you need some tries, but it's possible.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call Jawas useless. They're quite effective in taking down Geo squads more powerful than you are. Take it as a chance to improve your Jawa squad and thus your Geo killing team.
  • Options
    Well it looks like the GC is bugged based on Doja’s last post. Typical lol
  • Options
    You don't ease the gear crunch by removing the carrot.
  • Options
    If it was an Imperial Trooper or Rebels themed Challenge, would people still come on here and complain that they can’t get red crate because their Troopers or Rebels are too low? Maybe

LOL, you know they do...
  • Options
    I wouldn't call Jawas useless. They're quite effective in taking down Geo squads more powerful than you are. Take it as a chance to improve your Jawa squad and thus your Geo killing team.

Mon Mothma also, probably better at MM teams than Geos
  • Options
    GL Rey + 4 Jawas clears all feats save the full team of Jawas easily. Just spam her special and watch the ewoks implode.

You can then beat a lower tier with whatever Jawas you have + RNG for the second heighest box. Don't fret over getting the red create every GC. That's what CG is hoping drives impulse/frustration spending/gearing
  • Options
    Is it worth it?
    Question 1. Exactly 56411 players.
    Question 2. G11/G10 did red box for me.
    Question 3. Yes
    Question 4. You don't. The ewoks have tenacity up. The likelihood of you getting that feat with a bounty hunter team is minimal.

• Options
    Is it worth it?
    Question 3. Yes
    Question 4. You don't. The ewoks have tenacity up. The likelihood of you getting that feat with a bounty hunter team is minimal.

Skelturix showed TDs feat with a BH team
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    Is it worth it?
    Question 3. Yes

Skelturix showed TDs feat with a BH team

I easily got that feat with bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Many ways to get td feat with bhs as it’s attempting not landing 40 tds. I did jml wat jkr zam greedo and didn’t really attempt to kill any Ewoks until I counted my 40 attempts.
  • Options
    pip26fjvufcf.jpeg
    l3c77w93ap2y.jpeg

G12 minimum, you say?
  • Options
    People are overlooking something really simple:

Jawas are fun.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Is it worth it?

Kinda sounds like it's only irritating you 🤷 I had a lot of fun with my G8-10 Jawas and easily got gold crate. These events are designed as encouragement for you to diversify your roster. Are you really suggesting that CG not suggest this? Cause then you're just left doing boring or unrewarding farms for GLs. How many of us had more fun relicing Rose Tico compared to this event with Jawas here? 🤣
  • Options
    I got max crate with g9 jawas except for g11 scavenger. Not an insane amount of investment, and they can take down geos that are all g12, sometimes with a single relic too. Took a few runs to get the rng, but not heaps. Did it on 2 accounts, so not just a single fluke.