[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal
Hi Holotable Heroes,
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, undoubtedly one of the most notorious, famous, and feared Bounty Hunters in all the Galaxy, is rocketing his way onto the Holotables!
Below, we take a deep dive into the developers’ motivations and inspirations while creating the kit for this fan-favorite character.The Basics:
- Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel
- Infamous Bounty Hunter Attacker with a variety of debuffs and synergy with both Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels. Like Fennec Shand, Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels will help Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, fulfill his Contract.
- This character's active abilities have zero Cooldown when used (more details below)! The intent is to provide the player with more options each turn, making tactical play and timing of abilities more impactful in certain situations.
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, is the first “mode specific ability” character. He’s also the first character to utilize the new Omicron ability material. For more information about Omicrons, check out the forums.
- Omicrons boost a character in a specific game mode and for Boba Fett Territory War is the game mode in which he will receive mode-specific boosts and new effects (after upgrading some of his abilities with the Omicron materials). The boost he gains is expected to endow him with a power level similar to some Galactic Legends in this game mode.
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, introduces a new “stacking” effect, Momentum. Momentum will grant his active Special abilities additional effects.
- Momentum is gained, but also expires. But fret not; there are multiple ways throughout his kit that allow him to generate stacks of Momentum.
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, is the first Bounty Hunter in the game with Contract requirements that can vary based on which mode of the game he is in (Note: this is dependent on his Omicron being applied - as are all the mode specific benefits).
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango’s Payout rewards benefit both Bounty Hunter and non-Bounty Hunter Scoundrel allies.
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango’s Unique ability, “Fett Legacy,” will require the Zeta material equipped before the Omicron material tier can be unlocked.
- This version of Boba Fett is entirely based on his performance in the battle on Tython, after he recovers his armor from the Razor Crest. The artists drew much of their inspiration for the animations from the show as well.
- He has all the rockets!
- Knee Rockets!
- Rocket Jetpack!
- Rocket Punch...kind of!
- More than anything, the designers felt it was important to capture 40 years worth of Star Wars fans imagining Boba Fett going all Boba Fett and doing Boba Fett stuff in combat.
- Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, was designed to lead Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) and Fennec Shand in the Territory War game mode. But, in other game modes, he also supports and works well with a Beskar Mando led squad that includes Fennec.
- Be aggressive! Look at the situation and decide what choices will provide the most Momentum or get Boba Fett, Scion of Jango to his Payout sooner so you can have him go all Boba Fett and do Boba Fett stuff in combat.
- Head’s up - “Momentum” stacks do not refresh when applying more Momentum.
- What does “Scion” mean?
A scion is a descendent, child, or heir, especially of a notable family.
- How do Omicrons work?
- Omicrons are a new final tier on a unit’s ability. Not all abilities will have an Omicron tier, but if a unit has multiple Omicron’s they will all be for the same game mode.
- Power of Omicrons will vary.
- How do I get Omicrons?
- Omicrons will exist primarily in Galactic Challenges, but can be found to a lesser extent in other areas of the game as well.
- Why no “Mandalorian” tag?
- Because in the show, he “never said” he was.
- Fennec Shand will be receiving an update to her kit to synergize more closely with Boba Fett, Scion of Jango.
- Also, for further clarification: the stack descriptions represent the total benefit. So, for example on his Special “Bounty Breaker” ability, if Boba Fett, Scion of Jango has 12 - 15 stacks, he gains +30% more Damage and inflicts Tenacity Down and Potency down, not 25%+25%+30% damage.