5 characters incoming?! (speculation)

Prev1
So CG are releasing 5 new characters to the game. We don’t know when and we don’t know who. It could be, that we get a full squad like BB. But which squad is actually this popular like BB months ago? If the characters haven’t a connection together then who will it be and which era will they be part of?

Replies

• Options
    I would have to guess some of the cool characters from The Mandalorian season 2.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The Eternals
  • Options
    Book of Boba toons to go with the new Boba and Fennec might account for some. Or BoB toons that are enemies of Boba & Fennec to make a full team. Something like that seems more likely than anything else, given how much they like to tie the toons to new movie/streaming content. But I didn't see the announcement of 5 new toons, so maybe I missed a clue in the announcement and I'm off on the wrong track....
  • Options
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    The real question is if they’ll increase the marquee kyro gear req to 500 instead of 400.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Let's see what eras we have...
    Old Republic - troublesome. The original games are non-canon and there is a (presumably canon) remake coming, which may or may not include, discard or modify anything from the old games, so adding OR stuff now invites the risk of having to navigate multiple "timelines" later. Unless, of course, the devs know what is coming and decide to pave the way for the KOTOR remake cross-promotion.
    High Republic - possible, but it would be the first piece of content added here that comes purely from books. But then again, HR is the first such concerted publishing effort in modern Star Wars, so anything is possible.
    PT/Clone Wars - we just got it. But there is still a lot this era has to offer, I'm still waiting for a Gungan squad.
    Pre-OT - what I consider the most likely. We don't have much from that era, just Phoenix and some Solo and R1 stuff, and there are show set in that era on the horizon. Fingers crossed for Fallen Order content, those 5 characters could be an Inquisition team.
    OT - that era has been thoroughly mined, I think. Maybe we could get some scattered pieces (Malakili and a squad of beasts!), but not a full focus.
    Pre-ST - Could be, Imp Remnant needs rounding out (Incinerator trooper?), another Mando version is pretty much just a matter of time and there are current show set in the era. On the other hand, "current shows" will be set in the era for a few years now, so the timing doesn't really tell us anything.
    ST - pretty much the same situation as OT.
  • Options
    They said it would be the ones we least expect, so my guess would be these guys
    j0cnvizb36ad.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They said it would be the ones we least expect, so my guess would be these guys
    j0cnvizb36ad.jpeg

Least expect you say? Noone expects the Imperial Inquisition!
  • Options
    e8aakb7irp9o.jpg
  • Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I think we're finally getting Tuskens...

Tusken-Raiders-Book-Boba-Fett-Trailer.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=450&h=225&dpr=1.5

Then maybe this guy as icing on the cake:
    qeb6qo23z3151.png?auto=webp&s=8813a3bd773e410567a653efc25297b23d6adb11
  • Options
    I'm thinking that some more smugglers are likely coming.

Reasons

1. Smugglers have been required recently in conquest. It isn't unusual for CG to increase the need to use an underused faction in a game mode prior to them being needed for something. Possibility a legendary event that a new marque or two will make much easier.

2. Young lando is the logic reward. Points to smuggler content.

3. Book of boba is coming out soon but not soon enough for the marques to be from that. The show will also explore the underworld so having smugglers now that are needed for something (who knows what since the show isn't out yet but maybe a future GL) is about right timing wise.

4. I don't think anyone is expecting solo era smugglers. Most are expecting mando season 2 characters.

Possible options

1. Becket
    2. Dryden Voss (though likely a legendary requiring smugglers. Beckett may make it much easier if you whale.
    3. Mud trooper. (It's in the same era so they may just be throwing in some extras).
    4. Some random kessel guard?
    5. Maybe some mando season 2 stuff mixed in.
  • Options
    Return of the Jedi. The haven’t covered that part yet.

We can get Jungle Luke, Leia and Han. Can also get scoundrel Leia and Lando from jabba palace. A Chewbacca with Ewok synergy. Nien Nunb. Scout trooper. A-wing to destroy the Executor kamikaze style like the movie. Jabba and Selacious B Crumb.

So many things can come from ROTJ
  • Options
    Like the sequel trilogy...we need to stop speculating. Any fan theory gets ignored so that their surprise is "interesting " and "Unexpected".
  • Options
    Goldane wrote: »
    Like the sequel trilogy...we need to stop speculating. Any fan theory gets ignored so that their surprise is "interesting " and "Unexpected".

Nothing wrong with speculating. It isn't going to change content coming out in the next couple weeks. Anything coming out that soon has been in the works for months. They won't change it because someone happens to guess right.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Let's see what eras we have...
    Fingers crossed for Fallen Order content, those 5 characters could be an Inquisition team.

Or, possibly just the Mantis/Fallen Order team

I'd love to have Cal and BD-1 in game
  • Options

Nothing wrong with speculating. It isn't going to change content coming out in the next couple weeks. Anything coming out that soon has been in the works for months. They won't change it because someone happens to guess right.

My joke was missed...TLJ critics would understand :)
  • Options

The problems with the sequels are too numerous to mention but blaming the problems on fan theories was just dumb.

I think they can be summed up as two problems, hiring writers that can't write and failing to make a coherent plan.

I think people would have been fine with a story that didn't match their fan theory if it was actually good.

And sorry for missing your sarcasm. Sarcasm is often difficult to detect in text. Much easier in person with facial expressions and tone.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

No, your joke wasn’t funny.

Okay now that I’ve been mean: I’ve been expecting Beckett and Dryden for a long time, so although I hope they are involved, I think it’s something much different. My guess would be uncharted waters: Book content, game content, or non-OR Legends content.
  • Options
    Where is my Wookie troop?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    While I would assume BoBF content, they did say it would be unexpected. So I’m guessing it will either be content from a show/movie that hasn’t been explored much (Rebels, Solo, Prequel Trilogy-I know, we just got it, but there’s still more) content from a book (like High Republic), or game content (Kotor or Fallen Order).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    They said in the RA that they're done with Clone Wars content for awhile... So it's probably not going to be prequel content either.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    They said it would be something we won’t expect.

So assume it’ll be something we don’t want. :)
  • Options
    630commbdxi4.jpeg

This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw unexpected in the road ahead. Now what it exactly means I have no idea if this scene was the intended reference. Though I will say rebels does seem plausible for the next gl.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Jar Jar and the gungans
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    They said it would be something we won’t expect.

The Spanish Inquisition?
  • Options
    That would have been a great joke 15 posts back…. But I suppose the best gags keep giving.

What about BH Ventress, after seeing her trailed in Conquest. Maybe with a fan blade ship release too. That would be something
  • MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    BH Ventress is Clone Wars content... So, probably not. But CG has been known for lying blatantly to the player base... All I know is that SemiGod is probably right in assuming that is something we probably don't want :|
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    These guys...
    ncz4jbktxiba.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StewartH wrote: »
    These guys...
    ncz4jbktxiba.png

If they have a move that involves helicopter sabers, I quit.