Rename the game , Star Wars Galaxy of useless heroes

Prev1
Why 3/4 of character is totally useless . In arena it just the same 10 character alway. Pls EA spend more time balancing the character dammit.

Replies

• Options
    Balance is a fools goal with all these characters some will always be percentage points ahead and others behind, players aren't stupid and gravitate towards the best solutions.
  • Options
    Random wrote: »
    Why 3/4 of character is totally useless . In arena it just the same 10 character alway. Pls EA spend more time balancing the character ****.

+1
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I dont know why you are complaining. It's always like this in any compedative game. That's why it's called a META = Most efficient tactic (or team) available. Games like league of legends has a META of the same characters. Clash of Clans has a META on how to set up your base. No matter what game you play, there will always be a "You have to play this to be the top."

The only way to NOT do that, is for yourself to find a new trend to counter the old one. But, then, YOU are setting a new meta :)
  • Maestro
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Still, i like what OP is suggesting. The patch where they did balance changes to Talia, RG, POE etc. might be the best patch to date imo. But instead of doing more of this, they are releasing NEW characters. Not saying i dont like new characters released, just that throwing a new toon into the pool of already unusable ones doesn't make the game better.
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I dont know why you are complaining. It's always like this in any compedative game. That's why it's called a META = Most efficient tactic (or team) available. Games like league of legends has a META of the same characters. Clash of Clans has a META on how to set up your base. No matter what game you play, there will always be a "You have to play this to be the top."

The only way to NOT do that, is for yourself to find a new trend to counter the old one. But, then, YOU are setting a new meta :)

Yes and no.

There will generally always be a meta. However, do you really believe that it wouldn't be possible to introduce more balance into the game? The OP is right: there is far too much of the same. In the top 50 in my server, 33 use Dooku lead, 10 QGJ, 3 Sid, 3 HK47, 1 Phasma. More to the point - the leadership ability provided by Dooku is risible considering how it provides such a major boost without relating to faction synergy.

Anyway, this debate is largely redundant - an update is coming. Change is coming. We just need to wait...
  • AnonymousHamster
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In Star Wars there are only a few dominant heros. Sorry ewoks/tusken/scoundrels everyone not Jedi/Sith weren't too impressive

Im still holding faith tuskens get a buff. Or else I have an ~expensive healer sitting on my bench
  • Options
    @Random - We actually tried to get that name, but it was already taken (j/k).

In case you missed it, check out the tuning changes section in Jesse's announcement from March 18th.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21365/community-update-3-18-16#latest

Thanks!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options

That thing about "meta" being an acronym was a joke, right? You don't really think that, I assume?
  • Options
    Ewoks master race in next update.
    Start collection Ewok shards OP...they gonna be crazy awesome sauce.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum! :)
  • Options
    The meta change update coming soon is supposed to address this issue by balancing out defense so that the OHKO and other cheese no longer applies....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no.

There will generally always be a meta. However, do you really believe that it wouldn't be possible to introduce more balance into the game? The OP is right: there is far too much of the same. In the top 50 in my server, 33 use Dooku lead, 10 QGJ, 3 Sid, 3 HK47, 1 Phasma. More to the point - the leadership ability provided by Dooku is risible considering how it provides such a major boost without relating to faction synergy.

Anyway, this debate is largely redundant - an update is coming. Change is coming. We just need to wait...

@thecuriousocelot
    There is tons of balance already in this game.
    There are plenty of videos/pictures on this very forum of Ewoks being #1. Clones being #1. FO teams being #1. Dooku teams (current meta) being #1. QGJ lead teams being #1.

There is more balance now than there has ever been, and far more team diversity than seen before. I have no idea what you people are talking about.
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no.

@thecuriousocelot
    There are plenty of videos/pictures on this very forum of Ewoks being #1. Clones being #1. FO teams being #1. Dooku teams (current meta) being #1. QGJ lead teams being #1.

There is more balance now than there has ever been, and far more team diversity than seen before. I have no idea what you people are talking about.

I agree. My A Team is partially Meta (Lumi, RG, Poggle, IG88, GS) and I can get to the Top 20. I have trouble with some teams.

My other teams are growing in strength and can now compete/win against some of the best teams that I face in GW. My other teams are: Clones+Ewok (Rex, 5s, Sarge, +Teebo, +Ewok Healer), Jedi (Ashoka, QJ, Yoda, MW, +Dooku), and Droids (HK, IG88, IG86, Lobot, +Daka). Each of those teams with minor tweaks (and more purple) could be Top 50.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    I speak of the one... Who will bring balance to the Game of Heroes...
  • Options

Yes and no.

@thecuriousocelot

Okay - now compare the examples you gave with the swathe of Dooku-led teams? What's the difference?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @m0rality

Thanks for chiming in. The only people I would consider META are probably people like RG and maybe Daka. They can be added to 99.9% of teams and it is immediately better.

• Options
    Any team with a bent wookie is default meta.
    Uknowwhatmsayin
  • Options
    while you're at it rename galactic wars to the sidious wars, hes in every single galactic war team its so so so annoying
  • Options
    Not in mine
  • Options
    @m0rality

Thanks for chiming in. The only people I would consider META are probably people like RG and maybe Daka. They can be added to 99.9% of teams and it is immediately better.

Agreed. Those 2 can fit in anywhere... However, some of the synergies are emerging as viable options. Even some unusual ones are showing up. Phasma + Chewie is a decent synergy....
  • Options
    Youd probably see a lot more diversity of teams if the rank swap system was tossed. As it is, everyones team that stands out gets attacked like crazy and with poor AI defense, falls like crazy.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no.

@thecuriousocelot

Okay - now compare the examples you gave with the swathe of Dooku-led teams? What's the difference?

Dooku led teams are done. People just don't realize it yet. With QG going before Dooku his reign is over.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Kabbes wrote: »

That thing about "meta" being an acronym was a joke, right? You don't really think that, I assume?

Whoa, now I'm lost in a meta fog.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »

Whoa, now I'm lost in a meta fog.

Metacognative dissonance?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Yes and no.

@thecuriousocelot

Dooku led teams are done. People just don't realize it yet. With QG going before Dooku his reign is over.

Idk if they're done but yes you'll see many more QGJ teams than before.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Na, its more like Star Wars Galaxy of dodging heroes.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no.

@thecuriousocelot

@thecuriousocelot
    Dooku lead teams are, like QGJ and Phasma and everyone before them, a phase. People who spent their time grinding Dooku are using Dooku.

Those who have a larger roster can obviously experiment and do more, or p2p. The point is, there are several teams that are capable of reaching #1. Just because you see a ton of Dooku leads doesn't mean its a meta. It just means people like me, who dont spend $$, have to pick and choose who we put our time and resources into and unfortunately that means Dooku.

It's the same reason Sid is in 99.9% of teams. He is easily farmable and good for GW. Almost every F2P has him. But, you wouldnt consider him meta would you? Same with Dooku. When people start getting bigger rosters they find out that there are better options than Dooku.

People like me, who want to try new teams, can't thanks to this nice level cap raise. So now I am forced to level Dooku as he is one of the only toons I have that has been maxed.
  • Osu_Arkitorture
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    New to the forum, but my take would be to balance characters that aren't being used against other characters that are. So I guess I am saying wouldn't make since to have a complete all level character base to select who might be best against your opponent team. This way it would give incentive to farm those characters that would have a better chance of defending. Just think if sub par toon could take out Dooku that would change things a lot. Just my two cents. And yes over half the characters and use them so little.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

Meta is actually just a short for metagaming which has been around for years and was more focused on Pen & Paper RPG games but the acronym accurately describes what metagaming is especially now that it's tied to digital games. Even if it was a joke, it is fairly accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Star Wars galaxy of zeroes