Mara Jade incoming

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, she was introduced post-Empire but still operating on the Emperor's dying instruction. That (to me) cries out for the Imperial Remnant tag.
  • Options
    Yeah, she was introduced post-Empire but still operating on the Emperor's dying instruction. That (to me) cries out for the Imperial Remnant tag.

But this version of Mara is from when the Empire was at it's peak and Palps was still alive and kicking (EU lore-wise anyway). Any version of Mara from the time of the Imperial Remnant will more than likely be a Jedi.

Besides, the Emperor's dying instruction to her was vengeance against Vader that she didn't follow anyway.
  • Options

But this version of Mara is from when the Empire was at it's peak and Palps was still alive and kicking (EU lore-wise anyway). Any version of Mara from the time of the Imperial Remnant will more than likely be a Jedi.

Besides, the Emperor's dying instruction to her was vengeance against Vader that she didn't follow anyway.

I believe the Emperor’s last instructions for her were to kill Luke Skywalker, not to get revenge on Darth Vader.
  • Options
    JainaSolo wrote: »

I believe the Emperor’s last instructions for her were to kill Luke Skywalker, not to get revenge on Darth Vader.

The Emperor’s last instruction was for her to oversee safety nets on all shafts. She failed. 😂
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • Options

Re-read the Last Command, she realises that the Emperor wanted her to kill Luke as revenge against Vader. She never knew that Luke was Vader's son until the Noghri were talking about the "Son of Vader".
  • Options

Re-read the Last Command, she realises that the Emperor wanted her to kill Luke as revenge against Vader. She never knew that Luke was Vader's son until the Noghri were talking about the "Son of Vader".

It has been a while since I read the Last Command, so that’s probably true that his intention was revenge on Vader. I just meant that his last explicit command to her was simply to kill Luke.
  • Options

It has been a while since I read the Last Command, so that’s probably true that his intention was revenge on Vader. I just meant that his last explicit command to her was simply to kill Luke.

We've gone slightly off-topic as far as tags go, but even though the death of Luke would've benefited the Empire, I don't think that anything that Mara ever did would qualify her for an Imperial Remnant tag
  • Options

We've gone slightly off-topic as far as tags go, but even though the death of Luke would've benefited the Empire, I don't think that anything that Mara ever did would qualify her for an Imperial Remnant tag

I agree with that, seeing as she never worked with the Remnant at all
  • Options
    Well we don't know her story in the current canon....yet....
  • LordClaria
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I agree with that, seeing as she never worked with the Remnant at all

She was event hunted by the Remnant, Ysanne Isard saw her as a threat and sent Lumiya after her. That's why she went into hiding as a smuggler.
  • Options
    Why no SEE synergy?

That is palpatine too right? Lol

• Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Why no SEE synergy?
    Because she never believed in the Emperor's return.

• MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Why no SEE synergy?

That is palpatine too right? Lol

Because in her alternate universe, Palps is dead and SEE doesn't exist like Mickey Mouse told us in that awful movie.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    MilHanso wrote: »
    Because in her alternate universe, Palps is dead and SEE doesn't exist like Mickey Mouse told us in that awful movie.

Never heard about the Dark Empire comics ? Palpatine came back in Legends too.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't read it, but I thought it was a clone and didn't resemble SEE, so, in her Universe, SEE doesn't exist. :D
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    MilHanso wrote: »
    Well, I didn't read it, but I thought it was a clone and didn't resemble SEE, so, in her Universe, SEE doesn't exist. :D

He was a clone inhabited by Palpatine's spirit and looked indeed better than SEE (at least initially as the clones had been sabotaged and decayed quickly). But Mara never had any interaction with the reborn Emperor and believed he was a fake.
  • Options
    In the old EU, Palpatine transferred his consciousness to a clone of himself. It would start of as a younger version of Palpatine, but the darkside energy would degenerate the body so it would end up looking like ROTJ Palpatine. Eventually all the clones were destroyed and Palpatine was killed for good. He did try to transfer himself into Leia's unborn child, but he failed.
  • Options
    Well, with these explanations you guys proved my point. Mara Jade should not interact with SEE. Thanks!! B):#