Will Razorcrest become farmable?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I was just making a formal complaint on this game and you all defended it.

What happened is you dropped the FTP bomb which triggers a lot of people on here.

Once you have earned higher rewards by doing tougher stuff you'll get better stuff.

You could just be happy about the bonus rewards you got in conquest 10, or you can be upset about the correction. Up to you.

Oh so it offends you guys that i am F2P? 😂🤣😅

It doesn't offend anyone that you're F2P. Everyone can do whatever they want with their money. But people just don't like that you use "I'm F2P" as an excuse for why you can't do certain things. There's F2P people out there that have all 6 Galactic Legends, there's F2P people that get max crate in hard conquest, there's F2P people that get top ranks in both arenas every day, there's F2P people that have insanely high GAC total scores. The only thing that holds you back is the lie you keep telling yourself for why you can't do certain things because you're F2P. Just because you can't/won't put in the effort, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Oh i'm not lying to myself. I have accepted the truth that i will NEVER be a big fish in this pond. And rightfully so. I am just playing this game for fun. Although it is nice to get ahead by achieving goals, which happen in this game at a snail's pace. I am fine with that. Your peppering me with words with the goal of one' upping me doesnt work. Your claims that some F2P players get top ranks in arenas, max crate in hard conquest, and having all 6 GL'S with out coughing a single dime is a false statement. It is literally impossible to even finish a galactic conquest without paying money for a conquest pass or spending precious crystals to renew energy. It takes more than a year to achieve one GL. And crystals go quick. So quick you would have to buy a vault more often than weekly. No... Sorry... Not buying it pal. You take this game way too seriously. I was just expressing a formal complaint on how we are getting stiffed by a corporation. This conversation is over. Good day.
  • Options
    Oh dear. You just doubled down on your FTP bomb. Brace yourself.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Options

What happened is you dropped the FTP bomb which triggers a lot of people on here.

Once you have earned higher rewards by doing tougher stuff you'll get better stuff.

You could just be happy about the bonus rewards you got in conquest 10, or you can be upset about the correction. Up to you.

It doesn't offend anyone that you're F2P. Everyone can do whatever they want with their money. But people just don't like that you use "I'm F2P" as an excuse for why you can't do certain things. There's F2P people out there that have all 6 Galactic Legends, there's F2P people that get max crate in hard conquest, there's F2P people that get top ranks in both arenas every day, there's F2P people that have insanely high GAC total scores. The only thing that holds you back is the lie you keep telling yourself for why you can't do certain things because you're F2P. Just because you can't/won't put in the effort, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Oh i'm not lying to myself. I have accepted the truth that i will NEVER be a big fish in this pond. And rightfully so. I am just playing this game for fun. Although it is nice to get ahead by achieving goals, which happen in this game at a snail's pace. I am fine with that. Your peppering me with words with the goal of one' upping me doesnt work. Your claims that some F2P players get top ranks in arenas, max crate in hard conquest, and having all 6 GL'S with out coughing a single dime is a false statement. It is literally impossible to even finish a galactic conquest without paying money for a conquest pass or spending precious crystals to renew energy. It takes more than a year to achieve one GL. And crystals go quick. So quick you would have to buy a vault more often than weekly. No... Sorry... Not buying it pal. You take this game way too seriously. I was just expressing a formal complaint on how we are getting stiffed by a corporation. This conversation is over. Good day.

It's hard not to see past the window of our own reality, sometimes. But it's also good to open yourself up when you get glimpses into someone else's. None of those statements is false. Several of yours are, however.

It is not impossible to get max crate without a conquest pass. In fact, the pass doesn't really help except to give you free disc swapping, and slightly increased rates of energy and stamina refresh. But you are still likely to need to spend some crystals on refreshes. That part is true, at least. But a crystal cost of 150-250 crystals a day is manageable for people who do well in both arenas. I can see where that amount would necessitate spending for someone NOT doing well in either arena, but the fact remains that many f2p can and do succeed in both arenas.

It does NOT take more than a year to get a GL, unless you mean from game start. But if if you are an established player already earning resources, it will definitely not. I don't think it took me more than four to five months for either of my GLs. People more dedicated than me and in a good guild can do it in less.

People on this forum are trying to express to you their reality of excelling in this game while f2p. No one has an issue with you saying you are more casual and cannot achieve maximum possibilities given the time you put in. But you are trying to deny that people who put in more time can achieve these possibilities f2p with a broad brush, absolute statement. Take speedrunning for example. Those players spend an awful lot of time playing the same game over and over. They can do some pretty amazing things. Even if I thought I had enough inherent base skill, I would never put that kind of time into practicing. I will never be a speedrunner. But I won't try to claim that all speedruns are hoaxes just because I can get nowhere close to those results.

You can make complaints about the cost value of the things in the game, or how slow of a grind it is if you are not a daily, active player. You wouldn't have many disagreements on either of those fronts. But doubling down on an extreme statement that there are no successful f2pers will get people telling you you're wrong, because it's an observably false statement. In fact, a good f2per can surpass a bad p2per in this game. It takes dedication and strategic planning, but it's possible. It may not be your reality, but people are asking you to see that it is reality for others, which you deny.
  • Options
    Just play at your own pace and don't go chasing the newest meta. Once I realized that and accepted I wasn't going to be part of the first ones to get the newest character my enjoyment of the game has grown.

You're better off building up your roster and concentrating on characters to make effective squads rather than chasing the newest release.
  • Options

It’s not impossible.

Some FTP have been earning 900 crystals every day for years from squad / fleet arena.

I don’t know if you can possibly imagine what is possible with that sort of crystal income. Your claim that it takes more than a year to achieve a GL suggests that you can’t.

There’s nothing wrong with being FTP. But there is something wrong with being casual / low achieving and insisting that anyone getting things faster than you is paying for it.
  • Options

It’s not impossible.

Some FTP have been earning 900 crystals every day for years from squad / fleet arena.

I don’t know if you can possibly imagine what is possible with that sort of crystal income. Your claim that it takes more than a year to achieve a GL suggests that you can’t.

There’s nothing wrong with being FTP. But there is something wrong with being casual / low achieving and insisting that anyone getting things faster than you is paying for it.

Dude... They just put a kaibosh to paying out crystals in the squad arena. I think i'm gonna puke. Things are just getting worse and worse
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

It’s not impossible.

Dude... They just put a kaibosh to paying out crystals in the squad arena. I think i'm gonna puke. Things are just getting worse and worse

They are putting the daily crystals in GAC. It sounds like you weren't doing well in arena, so this will probably be a net positive for you.
  • Highwaystar6772
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

It's hard not to see past the window of our own reality, sometimes. But it's also good to open yourself up when you get glimpses into someone else's. None of those statements is false. Several of yours are, however.

It is not impossible to get max crate without a conquest pass. In fact, the pass doesn't really help except to give you free disc swapping, and slightly increased rates of energy and stamina refresh. But you are still likely to need to spend some crystals on refreshes. That part is true, at least. But a crystal cost of 150-250 crystals a day is manageable for people who do well in both arenas. I can see where that amount would necessitate spending for someone NOT doing well in either arena, but the fact remains that many f2p can and do succeed in both arenas.

It does NOT take more than a year to get a GL, unless you mean from game start. But if if you are an established player already earning resources, it will definitely not. I don't think it took me more than four to five months for either of my GLs. People more dedicated than me and in a good guild can do it in less.

People on this forum are trying to express to you their reality of excelling in this game while f2p. No one has an issue with you saying you are more casual and cannot achieve maximum possibilities given the time you put in. But you are trying to deny that people who put in more time can achieve these possibilities f2p with a broad brush, absolute statement. Take speedrunning for example. Those players spend an awful lot of time playing the same game over and over. They can do some pretty amazing things. Even if I thought I had enough inherent base skill, I would never put that kind of time into practicing. I will never be a speedrunner. But I won't try to claim that all speedruns are hoaxes just because I can get nowhere close to those results.

You can make complaints about the cost value of the things in the game, or how slow of a grind it is if you are not a daily, active player. You wouldn't have many disagreements on either of those fronts. But doubling down on an extreme statement that there are no successful f2pers will get people telling you you're wrong, because it's an observably false statement. In fact, a good f2per can surpass a bad p2per in this game. It takes dedication and strategic planning, but it's possible. It may not be your reality, but people are asking you to see that it is reality for others, which you deny.

I guess i am a bad f2per. Oh well. Good for you on your achievements. You are a smarter person than me.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    Back to the OP Topic.......

I get the whole "1 year" for "double shards" thing, but, I will say, the cadence feels off w/ Conquest releases.

The new chars are dropping faster than you can really farm from conquest rewards, unless you are close to Max-Red-Hard & the prices aren't cheap enough to equate to even a 1-shard farm.

Point being, other character releases, Marquee/GalChase, you can at least start the single shard farms on those & have them completely maxed out before the 1 year gets here.

The fact that ALL the conquest characters use the SAME currency is making it feel like some of them will not be available till much closer to the 18-24 month mark since they are all 7* openers except the ship.

I'm honestly thinking they will need to either need to lower the costs in terms of tickets or open them up before the 1 year mark if they expect to see any sort of market wide use for these characters.

Lots of people in my guild are already talking about "skipping maul" or "skipping boba" or BOTH.
    You simply can't "Collect them All" when it comes to Conquest toons right now.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Of course you can
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    End game accounts (F2P or otherwise) can collect them all. Smaller accounts need to pick and choose. But that's nothing new. Smaller accounts have always had to wait longer for game mode exclusive characters like Traya and KAM. At least the conquest characters become easy to farm after a year, KAM will always take hard work.
  • Options
    If i understand the new GA right, you're supposed going to be matched on GP AND ability. If they're actually able to do that, smaller accounts have a better chance at getting them all. However, as it stands this minute, it's not the case. I don't consider myself small at 5.2M GP and a daily income of 600-700 crystals. But I can't get them all. I can make a good start on them all, but not get them all 7* via conquest. The only way to get them all 'on schedule' and without being penalized is to get theme each in their first cq run (3 cq's) which can only be done max crating the whole thing every time. Seems to me that GP threshold for doing that is a good deal higher than 5M, which is likely true considering the threshold to get to hard mode is 4M. I would be curious what % of the player base is 6M+, 7M+ etc. Once you hit those levels the numbers have to drop precipitously i'd imagine.

Regardless though, it wasn't sustainable in the existing system. I'm not a fan of GA - 10ish battles/defenses daily? that's a big ask IMO. But that trade-off should be that you won't get stuck in a shard with a bunch of whales well above you blocking your crystal access if you're F2P. It shouldn't matter as much (in theory) if you can't get, say, Lord Vader at the 5M mark because you should be only facing other people in that same range who are also not likely to have him. Again, in theory, this has more of a sound of letting the whales fight amongst themselves and free up the rest to face people in the same player range and not having to contend with people willing to outspend you, literally 1000 or more to 1.

We shall see. They've claimed to address matchmaking in the past and never got rave reviews for it, so time will tell.
  • Options

+1,000,000
  • Highwaystar6772
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hey guys. Out of respect towards you individuals involved in the dramatic discussion i recently brought up. I would like ro express my greatest appologies for my behaviour. A good friend passed away a few days before that tyrade. I seek no merit from this statement. It is with great shame that i treated you unfairly. I was not in my element. Merry Christmas
  • Options
    May you find your peace.
    We all do mistakes, dont worry.
    Merry Christmas.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of GA - 10ish battles/defenses daily? t

Yeah...it's not daily. It's 3 days of battles a week, for 4 weeks. That's 12 days of battles over a 35 day season. 7 days of absolutely nothing. 4 days of hitting "Join" and 12 days of "click => Defense placed" (which should take you all of 5 minutes for each of those days)

Versus having to time your arena climb EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. sometimes spending 2 hours doing it - no thanks.