Book of Boba Fett - Finale

Prev13
Ultra
11509 posts Moderator
Last episode talks here

Replies

• Options
    Man y’all can complain about whatever you want, this was such a cool show. My only complaint was the Mods and how they didn’t have Boba for two whole episodes, other than everything was super bad*****. Cad Bane was cool, the rancor was cool, Krrsantan was cool, they were all awesome. And y’all can cry about Cad Bane’s death all you want, that dude showed up in like 3 different shows, which is more than you could say for most. Besides it was a fitting death to be killed by Boba. Anyways yeah, dopeass show
  • Options
    It was a decent wrap up episode; was hoping luke would drop in w r2 and the xwing, but kinda figured he'd stay out of a mob war.
    I was expecting a few of the tuskens that we didn't see dead (the female warrior in particular) rally others and come to the aid of Boba, kinda disappointed they didn't go that way.
    BK got some good fighting time.
    Rip cad bane and the gam guards.
    Cob in the bacta tank was just kind of odd, as they made it out to sound like he actually did die "in cold blood"
    All in all, decent arc but they def could've done better.
  • Options
    There better be a deleted scene where Fennec sabotaged the Scorpeneks' targeting system because having them not even shot at the general direction of the good guys who are running down a narrow road is just sad. Would also have prefered is Cad Bane actually did anything during the fight, instead of waiting until all his allies are dead to have a 1v1 with Boba that wont even change the outcome of the battle (the guy is really old though so I suppose he might only have enough energy for 1 gunfight a day).

It was also pretty funny how Fennec and Boba were worried about the droids destroying the town, yet 70% of colateral dmg was done by Bobas Rancor. Gave me "Spongebob and Pateick saving the city" kinda vibes.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    It was also pretty funny how Fennec and Boba were worried about the droids destroying the town, yet 70% of colateral dmg was done by Bobas Rancor. Gave me "Spongebob and Pateick saving the city" kinda vibes.
    He could have used Slave 1 btw

• Options
    This show is not for real star wars fans. its for marvel lemmings imo. none of it is believable.

the droid factories were destroyed with the seperatists but now somehow super droidekas show up that can supposedly block dark sabers lol.

wookies can take 20+ blaster shots and just keep walking lol.

boba is such a weakling he gets his helmet ripped off and is humiliated to the core of what he is supposed to be. never had a idea for himself and needed to be proped up by a bunch of sideshows. jango would be so proud lol.

boba and mando killing tons of pikes and the bodies just dissappearing so more pikes can rush into get shot again in the same angles lol.

this show is for marvel fans. star wars fans who want something that is believable and actually inline with the star wars universe for the most part will be dissapointed but the fan fare and glitz and glamour to jedi mind trick the many to me is laughable.

robert rodriguez is worse than ruin johnson and this is the lowest star wars has ever gone imo. poor boba fett. his entire appeal for 30+ years trashed by some amateur producers and disney squad.
  • Options
    I gotta say, the complaints for the season are not where I thought they’d be. I figured the slow speed and recapping would be the target of such feedback (I dug the backstory on what happened to Bobba between RoTJ and Mando). But people are upset that Mando was in this? Stop it lmao.

The finale was awesome. I wish Cad Bane wasn’t killed off so he could have an expanded roll down the line. That’s my only gripe honestly; that they didn’t utilize him enough. That and I don’t get the teaser at the end. Like cool, CV is alive in the bacta tank but showing something with Crimson Dawn would’ve been cooler. Everything else was awesome. Action packed throughout, rancor was legit, Fennec just icing out the syndicate bosses in pure stealth mode, and Grogu making a comeback.

Devian wrote: »
    He could have used Slave 1 btw

Except the weapons would’ve been useless against the massive Deflector Shields of the Skorp Tanks. Kinda the point when they said the kinetic weapons had too much velocity and the blasters weren’t strong enough.
  • Options
    This show is not for real star wars fans. its for marvel lemmings imo. none of it is believable.

the droid factories were destroyed with the seperatists but now somehow super droidekas show up that can supposedly block dark sabers lol.

boba is such a weakling he gets his helmet ripped off and is humiliated to the core of what he is supposed to be. never had a idea for himself and needed to be proped up by a bunch of sideshows. jango would be so proud lol.

boba and mando killing tons of pikes and the bodies just dissappearing so more pikes can rush into get shot again in the same angles lol.

this show is for marvel fans. star wars fans who want something that is believable and actually inline with the star wars universe for the most part will be dissapointed but the fan fare and glitz and glamour to jedi mind trick the many to me is laughable.

robert rodriguez is worse than ruin johnson and this is the lowest star wars has ever gone imo. poor boba fett. his entire appeal for 30+ years trashed by some amateur producers and disney squad.

Lmao what? His appeal? Oh yeah how amazing he was getting his jet pack bumped by a blind Han Solo and then getting unceremoniously launched into the Sarlacc Pit. No, Mando and Book of Boba secured his status as someone not to be messed with and who is a killer when necessary. If you don’t like the show or the new expanded universe to it, you’re entitled to that opinion, but please don’t pretend like Boba Fett in the OG trilogy was anywhere near as ruthless as Boba in Mando or Book of Boba
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Amy was saying pure facts when roasting baby yoda’s real name, love to see it.
  • Options
    Did Mando forget he faced off imperial remnant and Moff Gideon and a Tie fighter at the end of S1? Seems a few Pykes with blasters wasn't that much compared to IR? I know the droids turned up but they have jet packs...and the Rancor made an impressive appearance.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Except the weapons would’ve been useless against the massive Deflector Shields of the Skorp Tanks. Kinda the point when they said the kinetic weapons had too much velocity and the blasters weren’t strong enough.
    so, you think Slave One's firepower is compared to blasters? I thought those guns are made to shoot through Star Ship's shields and Armor. But if that's just enough to kill gangs - ok.
  • Options
    I thought this was a good episode, not on the level of the previous two, but still good. The thing that really brought it down was the directing. I genuinely don't know what they were thinking by giving Robert Rodriguez this series. His episodes have had by far the worst direction. Those fade transitions after Boba killed Cad Bane really took away from the moment. The fact that no one got killed by those droids while jogging away was pretty laughable. The Mando/Boba vs Pykes fight was actually good though and so were the rancor scenes, but I don't think it's enough to redeem Robert Rodriguez. Please don't let him near Star Wars again.

I was half expecting the finale to have no real resolution and to just bleed into Mando S3 so it was good to see that they wrapped things up nicely
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The best of the three Spy Kids episodes, but still rough around the edges. Through the entire episode I knew “Directed by Robert Rodriguez” was going to pop up at the end. His touch is very obvious and very paint by numbers. This could have been a fantastic episode, but there was too much camp and sloppiness thrown in. People just doing random things that made zero sense. Cameras zooming in at the end of scenes to capture actors expressions. Weird music choices. Humor that felt extremely predictable and flat. Weird special effects and sound effects. Continuity errors. And action that seemed to be filmed in slow motion. I hope to god he doesn’t get to direct any more Star Wars. He’s a one trick pony who should stick to his genre of film making. It wasn’t terrible, but I’m very disappointed because I could tell just how amazing it could have been if someone better had been in charge.
  • Options
    "Could have done better" is the best way to describe this show.

Negatives
    - Boba'a arc seemed all over the place. The best sense I can make of it is that he crawled out of the Sarlacc and was fed up with Bounty hunting for crime lords like Jabba. So, he tries to do better.
    - Boba is a pushover. He lets the mods and Fennic "order" him around. I was hoping his experience would make him more of the mentor.
    - The show didn't revolve around Boba. This is only a problem because the billed it as his show. If they titled this show The War of Tatooine Succession I would have less of a problem.
    - Boba's fight with Cad Bane was too short.
    - Darth Maul's resurrection was epic, the Emperor's was cool, if Vanth and Bane are going to live then death in Star Wars will start to lose its meaning.
    - The mods belong on Coruscant not Tatooine
    -

Positives
    -Cad Bane. He's possibly still alive. Was a great foil to Boba and his exposition went a long way towards explaining Boba's softness.
    -Exposition. We got a lot of story progression even if most of it was not about Boba
    -Boba and Tuskens was really cool. Especially the train raid.
    - The black wookie, I'm not going to spell his name. He has a lot of potential.
    - Fennic Shand was very well written. Probably better then any other character.
    - The finale showed that Boba still has a little fire left. He really went to town on the Pikes and Bane brought out the worst in him.

Like the sequels it had a lot of good plot points and ideas but played out in a twisted, messy way. Nevertheless, it was good and if season two can learn from its mistakes, then this season could set up an epic next chapter. There is a lot more to be added to both lists but let me know what else I missed.

• Options
    Devian wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    so, you think Slave One's firepower is compared to blasters? I thought those guns are made to shoot through Star Ship's shields and Armor. But if that's just enough to kill gangs - ok.

I mean it did a fantastic job shooting through Kenobi’s fighter craft in AoTC right? Plus a rocket from his jet pack similar to what would be available on a ship didn’t do anything. But I guess new and improved deflector shields of a massive size along with an army of pike blasters and munitions wouldn’t have caused even more destruction to the town than a **** off rancor.
  • Options
    Thought it'd be cad bane in the bacta tank at the end.
    Sad to see him killed off.
  • Options
    Cad Bane is not dead, watch/listen closely
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Nobody’s ever really dead
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

He got stabbed through the heart. I'm not sure if anyone could survive that.
  • Options
    Do you think cyborg Cobb will be coming back in mando 3 or is he going to be a rangers of the new republic character? Any luck both - I can watch Oliphant all day
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Do you think cyborg Cobb will be coming back in mando 3 or is he going to be a rangers of the new republic character? Any luck both - I can watch Oliphant all day

1. Most likely.
    2. I thought Rangers of the New Republic got canceled? Well, if it's still going to be produced, them he will probably be in there too.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

Not long enough to spell his name correctly. Olyphant
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    So basically we are getting Boba riding the rancor as the next GL right? And stop with the he isn't GL worthy crap, nobody has ever been filmed riding a rancor before so that is legendary.
  • Options

1. Most likely.
    2. I thought Rangers of the New Republic got canceled? Well, if it's still going to be produced, them he will probably be in there too.

Oh yeah - I’d forgotten it was getting merged so that sort of answers the question. I still think it’s a crying shame they didn’t have the thermal detonators to keep Cara Dune in the show

• Options

I mean this is the same franchise that made this happen,

o3m3rxfqp9y1.jpeg

I ain’t saying he’s alive, but I’m also not saying he’s dead.
  • Options

I mean this is the same franchise that made this happen,

o3m3rxfqp9y1.jpeg

I ain’t saying he’s alive, but I’m also not saying he’s dead.

qxgzv1q89gqr.png
  • Options

Yeah 99% agree with you here.. except the droids, many companies would make droids.

The show had promise but it felt very rushed in the time line.. eg I swear the rancor trainer said something about it taking time to train the beast especially to ride, yet Boba just jumps on..

Why the hell wound you decide your forces like that especially when you think that the other factions would stay Neutral???
    Why not the palace as a defensive hold? They can only come up from the front and you’d have the advantage of using the Slave1 from the air.

I too was laughing at the dead just vanishing, the droids seem to pop around every corner, even after what looks like 30 seconds of running or driving away..

This is the 3rd season of Mando and Boba and I’ve got to say that it’s not getting better..
  • Options

I've said this in numerous places today, we expected Boba to be Micheal Corleone, but instead they gave us Fredo
  • Options
    Tintguy wrote: »

I've said this in numerous places today, we expected Boba to be Micheal Corleone, but instead they gave us Fredo

And like Fredo, they broke our hearts.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    How do we know where a duros's heart is?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    How do we know where a duros's heart is?

Boba should know how to kill him