Book of Boba Fett - Finale

Replies

• Options
    Kinda like Cad should know how to kill a human?
  • Options
    Xiplort wrote: »
    Cad Bane is not dead, watch/listen closely

Yeah that was my take too. He's "life monitor" (maybe?) was still beeping and flashing.
  • Options
    Great. Now we're going to have to fight those new droidekas, aren't we?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I kept waiting for Red 5 to show up piloted by R2 to shoot up those droids.
  • Options
    This show is not for real star wars fans. its for marvel lemmings imo. none of it is believable.

There is no such thing as a “real Star Wars fan.”

All in all there were things I liked, and things I didn’t like. This episode is one of the ones I liked.
  • Options
    I liked it a lot. There were several things that I wish were different, but several things I liked a lot.

For one thing, those Super-Droidekas are insanely strong, because they don’t seem to have any weaknesses. Normally Droideka’s shields or SW Shields in general are purely energy based, or even if they’re resistant to kinetic projectiles you can just… walk through them. They were dangerous enough even after their shields went down. They didn’t seem very bright, which helped Boba’s group a lot, but still.

Also, why did Boba take the Rancor instead of the Slave 1? It would be faster to get there, and take out those droids a lot faster. Cool to see the rancor and everything it did, but painful. And I highly doubt a gunship can’t take out something with shields. Sisemic Charges might be a bit overkill, but it has missiles too.

Wish Boba had rallied some Tuskens, wish Cad had done more, kind of wish Fennec and Cad had interacted more.

In short, a lot of decisions that were cinematically great but narratively unsatisfying.

But the Rancor scenes were all awesome, and Boba and Cad’s duel was everything I could have wanted. Cad’s a better duelist, but Boba’s more versitile, and they both honored each other. I also like they both tried a lot of the same things. And Fennec is an assassin and showed it excellently.

Also that post credits scene was nice. Usually post credit scenes are “look, we’re making a new show/movie about this character”. This one just confirms Cobb survived, and I have absolutely no idea where it’s going. (Yes, I know it’s probably Mando Season 3, but you know what I mean.)
  • Options
    it is good to see a wide range of opinions and even if i think this is blaphemy its to each his own and im not making these comments to try to sway anyones opinion of if they liked it or not. there are things i found entertaining but how many times can this show be watched again and what entertainment value is in rewatching. old star wars you can watch a 1000x over and someone says star wars and you will watch it again. if i never watch boba fett season 1 again it wont bother me one bit and if someone says lets watch it i can think of other things that would be more entertaining. i cant say that with old star wars and that hidden magic that is being lost which i find most disappointing. disney star wars lives off these singular moments now and the fan fare methodology of making singular moments destroys previous fan fare and continuity but all that matters to disney is the now. like when will we see a force fight where they expend there energy and one falls asleep and the other user gets to kill the sleeping force user. Grogu is cute but the things they do with grogu for these fan fare moments can be cringeworthy depending on the point of view you are looking at it from.

disney has shifted to a different demographic and its not the demographic that made the original star wars great. I get that changing demographics happens and its not the end of star wars for everyone and understand that short attention spans and the way average tv is presented what i am calling garbage is a step up from most average tv. Star wars used to set the bar but now Marvel seems to set the bar and Star wars tries to follow the Marvel mold rather than using the great timeless mold that it originated from. I guess I like the cinematic details of george lucas era too much and the change to mediocre stuff that i have to turn my brain off to believe any of it to might be plausible is too much for me.

This POV mentality of the TV shows being called Mando, Kenobi, Book Of Fett, Ashoka, etc have major flaws that need to be resolved asap. Either stick with it or don't use it at all. Could Boba Fett have held a show on his own without sideshows and if the plan wasn't to POV all the way through and only do that for a couple episodes why call it Book Of Fett when arguably the moments people talked about and enjoyed the most had nothing to do with Boba and was a continuation of Luke Skywalker with Grogu. The cinematic perfection of George Lucas era star wars and attention to detail the way he did it was not without it flaws but I just can't see how George would have been successful had he changed director style and just shifted around they way they are aimlessly on cinematic aspects that not everyone is going to care about but if done right the merchandise and art books etc sell for tons for years. I own quite a few making of and art books for star wars but don't think I will be buying the Boba Fett stuff. Why would I want to read and know more about the ADHD version of telling a story. Clone wars cartoons have better depth and details to be more believable than live action tv show. Its a strange world we live in.

• Jbutters
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I liked the show even though I agree with the criticisms but it was fun. I feel like not rallying the Tuskens was a big miss. Boba is also not the greatest crime boss at all but Fennec is an awesome consigliare. Honestly, she did the most work out there from beginning to end. She came out looking the best out of all of the characters.

Didnt Cob Vanth get shot in the shoulder? Why is he basically in a coma? I'm guessing he is getting a cybernetic arm but seems a bit extra.
  • Options
    I like it, but wish we have more.

More casualties - a big fight in town and we have only few vespa gang and 2 gamguard dead (boba side)...hello? And none of them died when fighting the big droid, huh?

Tusken - boba has a relationship with tuskens, Din speaks tusken, none of them showing up. Sure you fight in a town, bringing a whole clan as reinforcement isnt likely, but someone (the weapon master, who teach boba to fight) should be able to sneak in, then slip out before everythings over.
    Or a scene of the remaining pykes fleeing into desert and tuskens showing up, ready to ambush?
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Great. Now we're going to have to fight those new droidekas, aren't we?

I wouldn’t mind fighting scorpeneks if we got rancors to ride on
  • Options
    Now we know how Palp returned/is going to return:

1) Freetown barkeeper told Boba that Cobb Vanth is dead
    2) to make such a factual statement he had to check Vanths pulse when he was shot by Cad and realized he had no pulse and was indeed dead
    3) some significant time passed btw the events of Cad vs Vanth and the Boba vs Pykes 'war'
    4) after the 'war' Boba takes Vanth to his bacta tank and now he's recovering?

Bacta tanks OP - they can revive people!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

2) to make such a factual statement he had to check Vanths pulse when he was shot by Cad and realized he had no pulse and was indeed dead
    3) some significant time passed btw the events of Cad vs Vanth and the Boba vs Pykes 'war'

You're not supposed to think!
  • Options

Moff Gideon was obviously wanting Grogu’s blood for the Empire’s cloning operation. Did you not watch Mando
  • StewartH
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »
    Why the hell wound you decide your forces like that especially when you think that the other factions would stay Neutral???
    Why not the palace as a defensive hold? They can only come up from the front and you’d have the advantage of using the Slave1 from the air.
    This is the 3rd season of Mando and Boba and I’ve got to say that it’s not getting better..

You nailed it.
    Boba was like...I must protect this city and the best way to do that is wage a gang war directly in the middle of it. Ideally, we will spread our forces out to cover every district to ensure destruction, bloodshed and death is happening everywhere at once. How can I protect these people if we fight in a remote area (like my compound) far removed from the city infrastructure and the people?
  • Options

Well the bartender never said he was dead, just that he was gunned down in cold blood. That wouldn't preclude the possibility that he was just severely injured, which is what he turned out to be. I do think it was an unnecessary fakeout though
  • Options
    The bartender did imply he was dead and Mando gave his condolences.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    If boba is made into a GL (Lord Fett) then like starkiller animation for his special ability boba could have one where boba jumps on his rancor and then attacks.
  • Options
    subxsimo wrote: »
    If boba is made into a GL (Lord Fett) then like starkiller animation for his special ability boba could have one where boba jumps on his rancor and then attacks.

i think it would be cool if the rancor started out as a 6th man in team like gba or arc trooper. being a 6th in the team under a GL fett the rancor could have so a turn counter and you only control rancor for so many turns and if boba used his ultimate before the rancor turn counter hits 0 the rancor enrages and hits randomly could be enemy or ally hits.

bobas ultimate would calling the rancor to jump on the rancor taking 6 down to 5 and having a new ultimate char when boba is on top of rancor. to beat boba if he uses ultimate you have to knock him off the rancor and kill both him and rancor separately. could be some really fun interactions and strategies if done right.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    subxsimo wrote: »

They should just make him some starkiller type event and make him the sidekick to the real Galactic Legend, Fennec.
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • Options
    It's like Rodriguez and favreau just had a bunch of ideas for cool scenes in their heads but they unfortunately had 0 ideas for an actual coherent plot
  • Options
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

He helps the Mandalorian rescue the child from The Empire.

He helps a group of Tuskens who are being attacked by drug dealers.

He helps local kids get a job.

He tries to rid the streets of crime and drugs.

During a massive street battle, brought on by his trying to get rid of crime and drugs, one of his primary concerns is protecting the people.

Can somebody please tell me how this guy is dark side?
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

During a massive street battle, brought on by his trying to get rid of crime and drugs, one of his primary concerns is protecting the people.

He stabbed a blue guy and since swgoh taught me blue = light side, that means he is darkside.
  • Options
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

First time we saw him in tusken cloth we think he's no difference than before, so do the devs. I guess. So darkside he is.

We assume that he helps Din because of the armor at mando S2.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

He stabbed a blue guy and since swgoh taught me blue = light side, that means he is darkside.

Mando chopped a guy in half, a guy already defeated and in no position to attack, cut his head off, and all to get an address 😂

• Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

First time we saw him in tusken cloth we think he's no difference than before, so do the devs. I guess. So darkside he is.

After he gets his armour he continues to put himself at risk and help to save the child.

“Until the child is by your side again”
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

Mando chopped a guy in half, a guy already defeated and in no position to attack, cut his head off, and all to get an address 😂

But was that guy blue? ;)
  • Options
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

After he gets his armour he continues to put himself at risk and help to save the child.

iirc, Boba promised Mando no harm would come to the child if he gave him back his armor. Then the Dark Troopers took Grogu, and Mando let him keep the armor, so Boba felt honor-bound to help Mando get him back.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Boba Fett Scion of Jango

iirc, Boba promised Mando no harm would come to the child if he gave him back his armor. Then the Dark Troopers took Grogu, and Mando let him keep the armor, so Boba felt honor-bound to help Mando get him back.

Exactly. Honour bound to help. Guys a frikin hero if ever I seen one. The second he left that Sarlacc pit, or maybe more the second he left the Tusken camp, he was changed. Legit lightside toon if ever I saw one. I’d go as far as to say Mando is more ambiguous than Boba currently is on the Lightside Darkside spectrum. Boba is trying to help people. Mando is trying to help himself and Grogu.
  • Options
    A guy walks into a territory stronghold and kills the leader.
    He then expects people to offer him tributes for ruling their districts.
    He makes a deal with other crime lords in other districts to leave him alone as he fights a drug cartel.

Seems like a light side kind of guy. :D

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Boba Fett is a cold blooded killer who worked for the empire