Cooling systems feat -win 250 battles

Prev1
CG please change this number to <200. I am on 153 battles and need 90 keycards for t7 red box and have around 60 cards available couple feat battles away. So likely I'll be red box before cooling systems disc is available.

Probably 175 or 200 wins would be better to he able to enjoy this awesome disc for a couple days

Replies

• Options
    They seem to only want us to be able to use this disc one if we finish conquest before the end. They don't want us using it to achieve red box. It is WAI
  • Options
    They seem to only want us to be able to use this disc one if we finish conquest before the end. They don't want us using it to achieve red box. It is WAI

Kinda counterintuitive logic. If you get the disc, there's no way to not get red box. That disc is "auto 3 star" on fights. So, if you get 250, but a lot of 1-2 star wins, then that disc will scoop up those missing stars.
  • Options

Then here's a better idea: Don't put it into Conquest if they don't want us to use it. Problem solved!

Only CG can create a problem for themselves quite like this. It's just ridiculous. Maybe they'll make it 300 next conquest. Or 500. That'll really get the point across "look at this thing you can't have, players! na na na na na!"
  • Options

Then here's a better idea: Don't put it into Conquest if they don't want us to use it. Problem solved!

Only CG can create a problem for themselves quite like this. It's just ridiculous. Maybe they'll make it 300 next conquest. Or 500. That'll really get the point across "look at this thing you can't have, players! na na na na na!"

Agreed!!

They want to be able to say they heard the complaints and gave us this disk back ... But they made sure it wouldn't be of any use to us
  • Options
    people said it was fun tho
    hello
  • Options

It was fun like iddqd was fun in Doom. That doesn't mean it was healthy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Ok so an update.. i have two x 15 card feats to go which will take me exactly 9 battles.

I will achieve red box on 187/250 tommorow for the cooling systems feat ' Grand Conquest'.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I don't know that that means.
    hello
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

I don't know that that means.

Google is a pathway to many abilities that some may consider unnatural.
  • Decicrim
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Lol this is the **** feat ever, I finished conquest and have 122 battles.

Why on earth would I waste refreshes to get 200 battles for a disk that I have zero use for after I’ve completed conquest. What is the purpose?!?
  • Options
    I doubt you would find it useful as the cool-down doesn’t really kick in sometimes unless you equip two or more of it, though?

Plus it’s worth 1keycard so I would suggest it would be a lot better if you skip this feat.
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »

Why on earth would I waste refreshes to get 200 battles for a disk that I have zero use for after I’ve completed conquest. What is the purpose?!?

You managed to Red Crate (which I would consider "complete") in only 12 battles over the theoretical minimum for the entire Conquest table? I find that hard to believe.
  • Decicrim
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Decicrim wrote: »

You managed to Red Crate (which I would consider "complete") in only 12 battles over the theoretical minimum for the entire Conquest table? I find that hard to believe.

I get your point, but no I completed all 5 sectors, no doubling back, completing most feats along the way. But that is still 78 battles before the cooling disk feat for me. Even if I were going for red crate, it’s surely not going to take me that many more wins to get there.

For me personally, I don’t have desire to go for the red crate, there is really no incentive for me where i’m at. At have 3.85 mil gp so I can’t do hard yet :/ therefore I will never get the conquest toon in the 3 months they are in rewards, it would gives me a whole 25 instead of 20 shards. Plus for those 5 extra shards, 20 transistors(scavenge 2 baw) and 10 signals(1 cantina refresh) The red crates removes 1 g12+ reward box from
    The previous crate, I’d rather have the additional g12+ gear from the 2nd to best crate.

If I had a shot at unlocking toon like hard mode does, maybe I would care. But what am I going to do with 60 or 75 shards at end of 3 months

• Options
    Most people have only 170-180 battles when they get the Red Crate. Why would I fight another 80 battles to get something that is only useful to fight even more battles?

Not sure if CG be trolling...
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Most people have only 170-180 battles when they get the Red Crate. Why would I fight another 80 battles to get something that is only useful to fight even more battles?

Not sure if CG be trolling...

I think it must be someone's idea of a joke. Nothing else makes much sense. I can't see someone beating their head against the wall long enough to win the 250 battles and still need that disc to do more feats for the next crate.
  • Options
    Is 250 too high to be relevant for most? Sure, but I am sure a few players are banging their head against the walls getting wins but not getting the right faction kills or aren’t efficient with rosters because they lack depth. This reward is for them. If you aren’t chasing a red crate then this disk as a small reward is not for you. For those few that unlock it, I hope it helps. I’m 27 points away from red and have two 30 point feats in S5 (hard) to go. I was not the target audience. Maybe CG wasn’t thinking to help all with it.
  • Options
    i'll give you an example. Note that my troopers are not well developped and Bad Batch ist too low for the boss 3 feat. So I will take some feats that require me more fights to complete.
    I need 12 more dark side battles and will simultaneosly get the remaining 11 kills by Darth Vader. Then I will equip the rewarding data disk and complete sector 5 feat with old republic. Need to defeat 39 enemies, that can be done in 8 fights.

So I will need 20 more fights to get red crate. That makes a total win of 152+12+8 = 172.

Requiring 250 battles to unlock a cool data disk ist such a poor joke from CG, it hurts.
    i2zgoenipz0t.png
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Is 250 too high to be relevant for most? Sure, but I am sure a few players are banging their head against the walls getting wins but not getting the right faction kills or aren’t efficient with rosters because they lack depth. This reward is for them. If you aren’t chasing a red crate then this disk as a small reward is not for you. For those few that unlock it, I hope it helps. I’m 27 points away from red and have two 30 point feats in S5 (hard) to go. I was not the target audience. Maybe CG wasn’t thinking to help all with it.

You get 144+14*24*6= 2160 Energy for free. That lasts for 108 fights (assuming there are no fails). So you need 142 more wins that require 2840 Energy you need to buy. Assuming you buy 360 energy per day for 150 crystals, you have to pay 1200 crystals.

So you need to invest 1200 crystals at minimum (requires no fails) to get that Datadisk. And then you need to play even more to have energy left for fights with this card and swapping of disks (and to compensate fails, of course).

I don't think, getting this card is worth the effort
  • Options
    There is one more. If you got the disk, you can't do many battles in short time, since you'll run out of stamina quickly.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Hi mate is this under review?
  • Options
    This would all make sense if the disc carried over into the remaining conquests of this season.
  • Options
    Finished red crate at 185 wins. Was inefficient at times. No chance I'm spending crystals to get a data disk I don't need
  • Options
    telboy007 wrote: »
    This would all make sense if the disc carried over into the remaining conquests of this season.

Exactly this..
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    If you finish Conquest and got the red crate without this feat, then you didn’t need it. This feat doesn’t hurt anyone’s experience in the game, as it’s completely optional (you only lose 1 point not completing it).
    Now, if you’re locked behind a feat you can’t do or a boss you can’t beat, this feat gives you the option to snatch an awesome disk towards the end of conquest and try to reach a better reward with it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to farm 250 battles, but it’s nice to have the option.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you finish Conquest and got the red crate without this feat, then you didn’t need it. This feat doesn’t hurt anyone’s experience in the game, as it’s completely optional (you only lose 1 point not completing it).
    Now, if you’re locked behind a feat you can’t do or a boss you can’t beat, this feat gives you the option to snatch an awesome disk towards the end of conquest and try to reach a better reward with it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to farm 250 battles, but it’s nice to have the option.

This is far too reasonable and level-headed. You're going to need to add an expletive or two for most folks to understand it.

(Also it's exactly dead-on correct)
  • Options

This is far too reasonable and level-headed. You're going to need to add an expletive or two for most folks to understand it.

@Starslayer @NicWester

Can you confirm you got the disc? Or are you going to suggest you dont need or want it?
  • Options

Can you confirm you got the disc? Or are you going to suggest you dont need or want it?

I could benefit from it, but I’m not going to try for it because I didn’t think of it the way Starslayer described it until I read that and realized how it would help me, so I didn’t spend enough on refreshes earlier.

I have to see where I finish this time to determine if I need it or not. Right now I’m progressing steadily so I don’t think I’ll get stuck in, say, the middle of table 3 where it would help me break through and possibly get better rewards. If that’s the case I won’t need it. But then again I’m a player with 7m gp so I *shouldn’t* need it.

But if I was someone with 4m or 5m who just unlocked Hard? Yeah I’d probably need it and it’d be the difference between the second box and the third or maybe even fourth box.
  • Options

That is a lot of crystal spend and grinding wins when it is highly unlikely that there is any other quest to concurrently complete.

i.e. I don't see how you could not be close to the red crate at 170-180 wins after about a week of conquest, unless there was one specific faction letting you down. Then you'd have to spend about 1,000 crystals AND have to wait for stamina regen in order to grind 15+ victories per day, giving you two days with more crystal spend and stamina issues to get the last crate assuming Cooling Systems actually helps.

If you are not close to the red crate, I'd be surprised if you could have won close to 170 battles.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

@Starslayer @NicWester

I don’t need it, so i’m not going for it. I just have a few fights left to reach the red crate, so i’ll finish with around 200 fights. However, if i would keep buying 50 crystals refreshes, i would need about 2 days to reach the 250 mark, leaving me 3 days to use the disk. I’m not saying it’s a good deal, but it’s an option.
  • Options
    2zbrkghutnpv.jpg
    7v34nuybr3a3.jpg

Either out of reach or too good to be true