Cooling systems feat -win 250 battles

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    2zbrkghutnpv.jpg
    7v34nuybr3a3.jpg

Either out of reach or too good to be true

It's the classic carrot on a stick. Only eventually you will reach it but the carrot will be rotten when you eventually do catch it.

The deploying cooling systems disc, was arguably the most fun and craziest disc they ever made and top 3 in most players best discs setups since conquest began. So it really is a shame to see it back but of no use to many.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you finish Conquest and got the red crate without this feat, then you didn’t need it. This feat doesn’t hurt anyone’s experience in the game, as it’s completely optional (you only lose 1 point not completing it).
    Now, if you’re locked behind a feat you can’t do or a boss you can’t beat, this feat gives you the option to snatch an awesome disk towards the end of conquest and try to reach a better reward with it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to farm 250 battles, but it’s nice to have the option.
    If you are in that situation then good luck amassing 250 wins.

I think the point is that it's a good 50 wins beyond the point where it's even remotely relevant.

At 200 wins I might put a little extra effort in to mess around with it at the end.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you finish Conquest and got the red crate without this feat, then you didn’t need it. This feat doesn’t hurt anyone’s experience in the game, as it’s completely optional (you only lose 1 point not completing it).
    Now, if you’re locked behind a feat you can’t do or a boss you can’t beat, this feat gives you the option to snatch an awesome disk towards the end of conquest and try to reach a better reward with it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to farm 250 battles, but it’s nice to have the option.

I think the point is that it's a good 50 wins beyond the point where it's even remotely relevant.

At 200 wins I might put a little extra effort in to mess around with it at the end.

You can have a hard time in Conquest and win 250 battles repeating old battles (which is awfully boring btw). If Conquest is a player priority and you buy 3 refreshes daily, that’s 24 battles a day so 336 battles in 14 days. So a player locked behind a feat/boss wall that could be smashed with the data disk can repeat old battles to try and unlock it, and still have a fair amount of battles to go for a higher crate.
    Sure, at 200 wins it will be even better, no argument there. I hope that data will tell if it was useful to anyone and adjusted accordingly if it wasn’t.
    Just to be clear: i have no idea if 250 is the right number or even if it’s a good idea to begin with. But considering it’s only 1 pt so players don’t have to complete this grind in order to get the red crate, i’m willing to give it the benefit of doubt.
  • Options
    If we ask nicely, will @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI or @CG_SBCrumb_MINI tell us, how many people actually got that feat done?
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    2zbrkghutnpv.jpg
    7v34nuybr3a3.jpg

Either out of reach or too good to be true

Or you simply don't need it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You can have a hard time in Conquest and win 250 battles repeating old battles (which is awfully boring btw). If Conquest is a player priority and you buy 3 refreshes daily, that’s 24 battles a day so 336 battles in 14 days. So a player locked behind a feat/boss wall that could be smashed with the data disk can repeat old battles to try and unlock it, and still have a fair amount of battles to go for a higher crate.

Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Just achieved max crate on battle # 186. Either the Grand Conquest feat is a joke or it is a convenient way to collect metrics (or both). They have set a number of battles that is higher than 99% are going to play. This way they can conveniently collect data on just how many battles players win in Conquest.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Just achieved max crate on battle # 186. Either the Grand Conquest feat is a joke or it is a convenient way to collect metrics (or both). They have set a number of battles that is higher than 99% are going to play. This way they can conveniently collect data on just how many battles players win in Conquest.

I'm fairly sure they collect that data regardless. I feel like that feat was put there as a way to generate some good will with the players without the gesture having any meaningful impact on the game mode itself. For those that need to do 250 battles to get the disk and get over a hurdle I guess it's helpful but it's surely a miniscule portion of players that are going to try to take advantage of it.

It would be great if they just hard coded it into the sector 5 final disk cache, but I guess that would still make it too easy for some that can easily finish the combat nodes but struggle with feats. 🤷

Either way I was glad to see that it's not in the code trash-can for good. Maybe in conquest 16 the feat will be 200 battles. Or maybe it will be tied to a different more attainable feat. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    It's a middle finger. That's all.
  • Drathuk916
    635 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    If you need it to get red crate it’s not worth the cost more than likely. If you didn’t need it well you aren’t getting it. Would have been better as a reward for beating all nodes, or selling it for currency or a few hundred crystals. Right now it’s just something only a handful will get and unlikely to need
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    It's a middle finger. That's all.

I concur.
  • Options
    Anyone find it useful?
  • Options
    Less than 12 hours to go. Someone must have got it who actually needed it for some reason. Let’s see.
  • Options
    I am getting 2nd best crate and I have not even won 200 battles. Not only it’s necessary to use tons of crystals to do 250, it requires quite a bit of OCD to get it done.
  • Options
    159 wins got me the gold box, which 100 away from red box and im 99% sure you dont need another 91 battles to get that 100 points, and whats the point of that disc at that point anyways?
  • Options
    A guy in a “Sector 4 LV is op” thread lwas blocked by LV and used the disk to pass the node a couple days ago.
  • Options
    I hit red crate a few days ago at about 210-ish battles, not refreshing anymore so I won't hit 250 for the disk. Oh well.
  • Options
    I got blocked by sector 4 lord Vader with 8 days left as I didn’t have the GL to clear. After grinding out wins for 4 days got the deployable cooling system and used it and massively overpowered to beat him easily. Also used to get all feats and win on sector 5 boss. Got (hard)red crate 2nd last day. Might not have gotten the last boss feats I needed without it.