Kit Reveal: MG-100 StarFortress SF-17

Replies

• Options
    UNIQUE: The Sweet Spot

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if all allies are Resistance, the StarFortress is immune to critical hits for 1 turn. The StarFortress gains Taunt for 1 turn if an ally with Deflector Shield receives damage from an enemy. If the StarFortress loses Taunt it gains Taunt for 1 turn if it didn't already have Taunt and if another Resistance ally has Deflector Shield. While the StarFortress has Taunt it has 100% counter chance.
    • Is this whole paragraph only active if all allies are Resistance or just the first sentence?
    • Does this require all your RIs to also be Resistance or just starting ships?
    • Why give Star Fortress one turn of conditional crit immunity when Raddus already unconditionally gives two turns?
  • Winterwolves
    1728 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Dianora wrote: »

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if all allies are Resistance, the StarFortress is immune to critical hits for 1 turn. The StarFortress gains Taunt for 1 turn if an ally with Deflector Shield receives damage from an enemy. If the StarFortress loses Taunt it gains Taunt for 1 turn if it didn't already have Taunt and if another Resistance ally has Deflector Shield. While the StarFortress has Taunt it has 100% counter chance.
    • Is this whole paragraph only active if all allies are Resistance or just the first sentence?
    • Why give Star Fortress one turn of conditional crit immunity when Raddus already unconditionally gives two turns?

1. Don't know about the first clause applying to whole thing or just first sentence. Qui-gon omi lead is an example where it applies to the whole thing, but who knows?

2. I think that it must only mean the starting lineup, but could be wrong I guess.

3. The wording of "immune to critical hits" is different to the wording in Holdo's ability. She gives out the buff, which can be dispelled. The words here are different, so maybe not the buff, just an effect that you can't get around?
  • TargetEadu
    1553 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    What happens with the bomber’s basic if it attacks out of turn? Is it just Target Lock and protection recovery?

From the in-game kit, the Basic just says “Deal Physical Damage” until upgraded to hit twice on its turn, so I’d assume there’d just be one damage instance.

Same with the one-turn Crit Immunity, which is added later (and I’d assume it works like Embo/Dark just temporary) along with the “if all allies are Resistance” clause for it.
  • Options
    I'm excited to see how this performs live, but reading the kit, it's a little underwhelming.

I get the Resistance needs a tank and I fully agree the Star Fortress makes sense.

However, thematically, the ship was made to go after star destroyers, not fighters. The concussion bombing runs should be on the captial ships with some sort of debilitating debuff like increasing cool downs, ability block, etc etc.
  • Options
    I wrote up a big thing about potential ships to complete a Resistance fleet oh, about 2 or 3 years ago - it's been forever.

I am SOOOO happy to see Resistance gain a tank, but won't be completely satisfied until we get the A-Wing & B-Wing we deserve.

Thank you for this ship CG. I support the choice of Rose as pilot, and can't wait for the fleet to be finished.

PS: I support the implied request to clarify the final text of the basic ability (to show that it does do physical damage when attacking out of turn) and the Unique (to specify that it is only ACTIVE allies, not all allies, that must be Resistance in order for those effects to kick in).
  • Options
    What a shipload of content !!!!
  • Options
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Shame on you for this @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Even though you are just the messenger here you should've known better.
    Nobody with a sane mind has ever asked for "more utility" for Rose nor will.

you can still feed her to the rancor

• Options
    Seems like it will be completely useless if you don't have Raddus, unlike Hounds Tooth. Any new account that doesn't go for GL Rey won't have use for this for at least two years. My current account is over a year old and while I've farmed a lot, I haven't finished my main farms to start on anything resistance (though I have finished BB8 event).
    I can understand that it's great for everyone who has worked on resistance, but some viability outside that faction would be nice.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like it will be completely useless if you don't have Raddus, unlike Hounds Tooth. Any new account that doesn't go for GL Rey won't have use for this for at least two years. My current account is over a year old and while I've farmed a lot, I haven't finished my main farms to start on anything resistance (though I have finished BB8 event).
    I can understand that it's great for everyone who has worked on resistance, but some viability outside that faction would be nice.

Except the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS SHIP is that resistance doesn’t have a dedicated tank with their fleet……
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »

Except the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS SHIP is that resistance doesn’t have a dedicated tank with their fleet……

Would it hurt to do both?
  • Options

If you don't have Malevolence, you can still use Hyena bomber and geos with Chimaera or Executrix.
  • Options

If you don't have Malevolence, you can still use Hyena bomber and geos with Chimaera or Executrix.

You can still use this
    hello
  • Options

Random fact, they never said "Shipload of content", it ws "shipload of changes".

• Options

Random fact, they never said "Shipload of content", it ws "shipload of changes".

I guess it’s a stretch to call all the bugs lately “content”, so changes does make more sense.
  • Options

You can still use this

I mean effectively. Anyone starting the game should get geos and their ships but there isn't much reason to use resources on resistance unless to get GL Rey and this ship misses a lot of abilities without resistance allies to get the sweet spot buff.
    For reference, my resistance ships are 3 and 4 star with level 1 pilots. I don't have the resources to use on them.
    If this fleet becomes amazing, beginning players might have reason to work on resistance but for now, only long time players who got JTR for sith raid or who went for Rey are going to get use out of it.
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 2022
    Options
    BlazerJL wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI I know there isn't a comment section on the content update post, but will Dark Trooper be on the accelerated characters list for the March calendar? His kit reveal was March 2 last year and characters become accelerated after a year.

If not, it would be great for players who don't have him at 7 stars to get 84 shards from the calendar vs 42 even though he'll probably become accelerated the first week of March.

I reached out and was told that the March login calendar will indeed grant 84 DT shards.
  • Options
    Yay death trooper
    hello
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Yay dark trooper

FIFY.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

1. Believe only the first part requires Resistance to take effect.

2. Pretty sure it's only starting ships so reinforcements can be anything else.

3. Probably in case you use it under a different cap ship but still use a full Resistance ship start
  • Options
    Altzair wrote: »

3. Probably in case you use it under a different cap ship but still use a full Resistance ship start

It's interesting that they put an ability on a character just for Galactic Challenges. It's futureproofing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I think it takes too long to get to the 5 stack Sweet Spot.

I also think this fleet is easily shut down with daze and has no way of cleansing. There's potential here for the Resistance fleet to get a debuff cleansing utility ship. If they hadn't put Rose Tico in with the Star Fortress, they could have used her in the Star Yacht ship with Finn and BB8, which would have been a fun option as a utility ship that can cloak, clean debuffs, and have some sort of mechanic that increased the amount of Sweet Spot stacks to ramp up the fleet a little faster.
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Sev112 wrote: »
    I think it takes too long to get to the 5 stack Sweet Spot.

I also think this fleet is easily shut down with daze and has no way of cleansing. There's potential here for the Resistance fleet to get a debuff cleansing utility ship. If they hadn't put Rose Tico in with the Star Fortress, they could have used her in the Star Yacht ship with Finn and BB8, which would have been a fun option as a utility ship that can cloak, clean debuffs, and have some sort of mechanic that increased the amount of Sweet Spot stacks to ramp up the fleet a little faster.

Finn already has a ship though.

That's right! For some reason, I was thinking Vet Chewie was the co pilot. Well, there goes that idea
  • Options
    I also think this fleet is easily shut down with daze and has no way of cleansing.

B'wuh? Are we talking about the same fleet?

9rdm7eoh9j3t.png
  • Options
    I also think this fleet is easily shut down with daze and has no way of cleansing.

9rdm7eoh9j3t.png

While correct, 1 AoE cleanse on a 4 turn cooldown and 1 Tenacity Up on a 3 turn cooldown doesn’t get you very far, unfortunately.

Malevolence has Hyena cleanse on basic, Exec BH has cleanse on inflicting Breach, Rebels has Cassian and Falcon autocleanse - all in addition to some form of cleanse from a capital ship special.

Negotiator and the SDs don’t have cleanses, but they’ve got Plo, Ahsoka, Gauntlet, Shuttle, and now Interceptor. But no Resistance base ship has a cleanse, and the point of the Raddus is it’s not going to stick around.
  • Options
    While correct, 1 AoE cleanse on a 4 turn cooldown and 1 Tenacity Up on a 3 turn cooldown doesn’t get you very far, unfortunately.

While correct, you're ignoring the fact that the comment I was responding to said that there was literally "no way of cleansing".

"I don't like the cool down on the AoE cleanse" is VASTLY different from "there is no way to cleanse". For example, one might be true while the other is certainly false.
  • Options

While correct, you're ignoring the fact that the comment I was responding to said that there was literally "no way of cleansing".

"I don't like the cool down on the AoE cleanse" is VASTLY different from "there is no way to cleanse". For example, one might be true while the other is certainly false.

No way of cleansing = False.

Easily shut down by daze = True.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they actually put any effort in creating new things (other than content packs). Yeah lets make a giant ship that dumps bombs the same size as one-man ship. They can obviously do it (see Ninth Sister), but hey I guess they split their time between creating the ship and developing StarFortress crystal/$$$ packs a little less equally. Might also be nice to actually have a full FO or Resistance fleet... Disappointing to see this game slide so far downhill
    Discord - Raegadyn#1451 / swgoh.gg - swgoh.gg/p/964325534/
  • Options
    Raegadyn wrote: »
    Would be nice if they actually put any effort in creating new things (other than content packs). Yeah lets make a giant ship that dumps bombs the same size as one-man ship. They can obviously do it (see Ninth Sister), but hey I guess they split their time between creating the ship and developing StarFortress crystal/$$$ packs a little less equally. Might also be nice to actually have a full FO or Resistance fleet... Disappointing to see this game slide so far downhill

Full FO team is basically ready now. We already had 5, and the Echelon is on the way as 6th.
    Drop Scimitar for the stealth synergy, or Plo as he fits literally everywhere and its completely full.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    Options

9rdm7eoh9j3t.png

I did forget about that ability but I was thinking primarily about it's fleet ships. It just seems this fleet ( and the cargo ships that typically get plugged in to it ) is way too easy to counter and shut down. For the Fortress to be at it's best, it needs the fleet to pump out Sweet Spots faster but it just doesnt. There has to be something else coming in the pipeline to help save this fleet and I'm hoping there is something else planned this year.