SLKR in Arena, the new LOL of GLs

Prev1
Vindicus78
7 posts Member
edited March 2022
I will be very specific in this topic. I want to play my own GL, not something you want me to play. So:
SLKR does not apply any undispellable debuff on enemy, as a GL, but some non GL can as some GL with their teams - this will make a difference and is a must.
SLKR does not have any default team to climb on Arena (a dream right now), like FO (too weak to hold the enormous amount of incoming damage) - FO need a HUGE remake
SLKR build ultimate very slow compared with JMK for example (SUPER-OP-GL) - you love JMK, ok....but i don't! Period!
SLKR can not ignore taunt and pick up what target he want, like other GL can - this will make a difference and is a must.
SLKR is unaligned force user - big LOL (same GL Rey, another big LOL)
Maybe you should increase the synergies between dark side characters, because if you compare Light side vs Dark side, the first win with a very big diference. We need some dark side characters that can match GAS, JLSK, CAT. Darth Vader, Traya, Palpatine, Sion, Nihilus, DR, Malak need revamp and remake. Maul is ok but make him have more synergies with other GLs not only LV.
Thank you!
I have a good feeling about this!

Replies

• Options
    You want to play with your own GL - cool, make your own game.

SLKR does not apply any undispellable debuffs - he does, it's a 2 turn long hard stun.

SLKR ultimate is slow - correct, but at least the ultimate doesnt force your gameplay like it does with JML or JMK to an extent. In case of LV it forces your lineup. When it comes to SLKR and Bigforehead Rey you can play whatever you want. (Rey's ultimate seems to be a bit OP in this regard, but this is only a marginal aspect of the character)

FO needs a remake - arguable point, might as well get a touchup or something. The Kylo zetas are pretty broken on lower tiers, so balance-wise it could be more difficult than you would imagine. Then again, you started this off with wanting to play your own character, which is telling.

SLKR cannot ignore taunt - yeah but he can dispel it and has not one but two major AOE abilities and his cooldowns are somewhat cunning too.

SLKR unaligned - yeah-yeah tags are a joke,you got a point there. Rey (Jedi training) is an unaligned force user. CG should keep repeating this until they start seeing the problem. Then again, they stated couple of times and once more that tags are balance-wise things, not lore-accurate (and it truly shows).

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    hell no
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    “I will be very specific”

Proceeds to ramble on arguments that have no foothold
  • Options
    I've always wanted my car to be as cool as a Lamborghini, as luxury as a Rolls Royce, as nimble as a Mini Cooper, goes 0-60 like a Porsche, and runs on full electricity like a Tesla.
  • Options
    I don't want to pile on... but I can't help myself.

This reeks of "I majored in Art History, but no one wants to hire me <surprised pikachu face>"
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    This post is LOL...
  • Options
    Is there a worst argument contest going on?
  • Options
    You have been playing long enough to get a GL but still care about squad arena?
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    This post is LOL...

another big LOL
  • Altzair
    136 posts Member
    Options
    His inability to ignore Taunt fits with his character. Annoying for a GL to not be able to ignore Taunt but it fits him.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Want to play your own GL? K, there's TW, TB, GAC, conquest, and GW. You can pick any GL you want.
  • Options
    I will be very specific in this topic. I’m here for the comments because I stopped reading what op wrote after the second sentence lost me.
  • Options
    All trolls and JMK CAT players! Got you! There will be a new GL after a period of time that will destroy JMK CAT and make you all cry! That will be my moment of happiness! Just check something: 35 Galactic Republic characters vs 7 Sith Empire. Wow, such a balance! Why tell me the cat is a dog if the cat is a cat? Imagine what synergies can do those 7 vs those 36. Stay blind or keep trolling, that's pathetic anyway!
    A kiss from a true Knight, kids!
  • Vindicus78
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    You want to play with your own GL - cool, make your own game.
    - I will, haha!
    SLKR does not apply any undispellable debuffs - he does, it's a 2 turn long hard stun.
    - I do not consider stun a proper debuff.
    SLKR ultimate is slow - correct, but at least the ultimate doesn't force your gameplay like it does with JML or JMK to an extent. In case of LV it forces your line up. When it comes to SLKR and Big forehead Rey you can play whatever you want. (Rey's ultimate seems to be a bit OP in this regard, but this is only a marginal aspect of the character)
    -To climb in Arena you always need to change team comp and that is frustrating and not a wise design, in my opinion.
    FO needs a remake - arguable point, might as well get a touch up or something. The Kylo zetas are pretty broken on lower tiers, so balance-wise it could be more difficult than you would imagine. Then again, you started this off with wanting to play your own character, which is telling.
    - Agree with you here. FO need a complete remake.
    SLKR cannot ignore taunt - yeah but he can dispel it and has not one but two major AOE abilities and his cooldowns are somewhat cunning too.
    - OMG! Try dispel Kenobi taunt on JMK CAT team. It will be there after y long hard stun, until you kill him or get killed.
    SLKR unaligned - yeah-yeah tags are a joke, you got a point there. Rey (Jedi training) is an unaligned force user. CG should keep repeating this until they start seeing the problem. Then again, they stated couple of times and once more that tags are balance-wise things, not lore-accurate (and it truly shows).
    - Sith Empire have only 7 characters but Galactic Republic have 36. ****? Is this balance?

Post edited by Vindicus78 on
  • Options
    *begin deliberate sarcasm to illustrate the issues with OP's arguments*

I am so very livid that my Chaze (Chirrut+Baze) team is no longer arena viable. I worked diligently to earn those characters in time-limited tournaments with my hard earned ally points (yes there used to be something else to spend them on other than overpriced gear in shipments and the tedium of pulling bronziums). I demand CG stop the power creep! These units are only 5 years old and I find it unacceptable that newer units are slaughtering my once-meta Chaze team after all the investment I put into them; heck I even maxed their gear at gear 11 (the cap at time of release)!

Remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
  • Options

I am so very livid that my Chaze (Chirrut+Baze) team is no longer arena viable. I worked diligently to earn those characters in time-limited tournaments with my hard earned ally points (yes there used to be something else to spend them on other than overpriced gear in shipments and the tedium of pulling bronziums). I demand CG stop the power creep! These units are only 5 years old and I find it unacceptable that newer units are slaughtering my once-meta Chaze team after all the investment I put into them; heck I even maxed their gear at gear 11 (the cap at time of release)!

Good. I hope they hear you. And hear us all! I also invested much, on my second account, on Phoenix Squad.

• Options
    This post is just a joke, right?
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options
    Vindicus78 wrote: »
    35 Galactic Republic characters vs 7 Sith Empire.

Um...so..a first order player caring about sith empire lacking characters to run? They dont have synergies anyway...
  • TargetEadu
    1659 posts Member
    Options
    There’s much afoot with this post, but this in particular:

What the heck IS a proper debuff, then? You’d prefer SLKR inflict a 2 turn undispellable Defense Down instead?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Dang who knew a 1st generation GL is less superior to a 3rd generation GL that has been stated to be a tier above previous GLs because of a conquest character.

Anyways Amiricle, I think SLKR is fine, he beats all the GLs.
  • Options
    SLKR is the best first GL to get.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Dang who knew a 1st generation GL is less superior to a 3rd generation GL that has been stated to be a tier above previous GLs because of a conquest character.

Anyways Amiricle

huh?
    hello
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    There’s much afoot with this post, but this in particular:

What the heck IS a proper debuff, then? You’d prefer SLKR inflict a 2 turn undispellable Defense Down instead?

That will be better then what SLKR have now. LOL.
  • Options
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    This post is just a joke, right?

Did you say something?
  • Vindicus78
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Come with proofs! Not words!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Do you even understand words?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Good. I hope they hear you. And hear us all! I also invested much, on my second account, on Phoenix Squad.

I fear OP missed the part stating it was sarcasm.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Do you even understand words?

Only if you include LOL after them.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.