Mace’s damage lower than expected? Am I crazy?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    mace damage multiplier is lowered post rework
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    mace damage multiplier is lowered post rework

That doesn't explain the higher than expected damage in first pic
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The enemy you are hitting may have different armor and resistance values, which would mess with calculations a bit. Armor being the defence vs physical and resistance defence vs special.

In general, special damage is higher, but with a lower base crit chance, and character resistance is lower than armor. So usually special damage will be better but it's balanced by easier crits for physical. Damage output is really dependent on the offence modifiers for each ability, which are not presented in game. You can look them up on swgoh.gg, but it won't show you both the old and new.

That would be my first thought, but my Zam has LESS resistance than armor, and his Mace has more resistance penetration than armor penetration. So unless the PvE Zam is reverse, he should see even more of a benefit of new Mace.

OP, what is your crit damage? If it's 1.5, your second picture matches up, but your first is doing too much. If it's 1.86, the first works, but your second is too low. So maybe this Zam has a lot more resistance. Jawa Scavenger can give her defense up, but she doesn't seem to have it.

It’s 1.5
    algll7t6zwz7.png

Alright. Trying to find out where all the extra damage in the top photo comes from. The extra 50% on basic shouldn't account for it all unless I'm doing something very wrong. You're sure that is the right screen shot and it's the same mods?

I think your right, I did change the mods and then I backed out of TW and rejoined, but I might not have redone my before screenshots, that is probably it. Sorry for all the confusion