Replies

• Kathark
    59 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kathark wrote: »
    Do we really expect cg to filter no-shows and try to match them against eachother?

Financially maybe yes.... Eventually a non-playing account will be ranked the same as any other non-playing account no matter what their GP.

GAC (I believe) is the most exciting part of this game. If as a new level 85 player you're in a bracket with 7 non playing accounts that you win if they don't play, lose if they even breathe on the match up that's pretty p!$$ poor advertisement of the game.

Probably stronger measures/less rewards need to be given for players not playing.

The accounts are playing though, they have to opt in each gac week. They just choose to not attack in a round.

Yes they opt in to get the daily crystals, but don’t attack. Elsewhere in the forum I have proposed a “forfeit penalty” (like @harvestmouse was saying stiffer consequences for non attackers). Even this will only go so far to help the issue.

I don't think a penalty besides already losing thus forfeiting all the benefits of winning is necessary. +even if they get penalized you are already getting the benefits of winning, it's not like you will get more. You get a free win, but also a boring turn. What else do you wanna get when matched with a no show?

Yeah, there probably isn’t a way to make it so expensive that folks will stop doing it. This is why the “two separate SR” or “roster strength” based proposals for actual matching seem more likely to help. I can imagine a sliding scale with a combination of GP, zetas, relics, etc to bound the problem. So in carbonite if I have 5 zetas there’s a limit that I can’t be matched against someone with 20 zetas. Or within a certain % of GP. Or some combination thereof. I just want a reasonable limit, not “find my best/closest matchup”. Then the win loss pushes you around in the rankings, then the next round the roster bucket kicks in again. This also forces the dead weight accounts to swim in their own lanes. Obviously this lane gets wider and wider as you move up the tiers because the possible ways to overcome the differences are more and more the better your roster.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Aaaand first round matchup is vs a 3.4M account with an r5 wampa and more relics and 7 star toons than I can count. Queue the folks who tell me how good I am and how happy I should be that I’m punching up so far and how this person must suck and that’s why we have the same SR….. sigh. No fun.

Sounds like you already understand what's going on.
  • Options
    Yes they opt in to get the daily crystals, but don’t attack.
    You still get Daily Crystals of you don't join GAC. And your Skill Rating isn't impacted, aside from the end of Event "squish".

• Options
    Jiaka wrote: »
    u1knwxt13mlc.jpg
    8bgvyq9d3zpn.jpg
    Soooo, can anyone tell me how this is a fair fight???

What is ally code?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I think your theory is a concern. If you're in Carbonite 5 what happens when all these big accounts hit the mud at the bottom. What do new players entering GAC encounter?

I checked your last 2 GACs and all bar 1 you had competitive match ups. You are punching up every match even though you're on a massive losing curve though......That's not good for morale.

5/12 wins during the most recent season where a couple of the losses could have been wins instead is not a "massive losing curve".
  • Options
    Getting several losses in a row, 6 or so, which means i was demoted twice...TBH a couple of matches i could have won...very close and i made a mistake...
    Still think it is working...sooner or later i will go down to "my level". Was punching above it for a while due to good matches...so i got better rewards for a few weeks...
    Anooying to keep losing...yes it is. Unfair? No...i dont think so...
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking

This has not much to do with skills tho. I am losing fight in purpose already third GAC, but get still opponents that have far more GP, wider rosters, more GLs. Its not much fun.
  • Options
    marxuke wrote: »
    Your skill rating is the same, therefore it’s a fair fight by the conditions of GAC matchmaking

This has not much to do with skills tho. I am losing fight in purpose already third GAC, but get still opponents that have far more GP, wider rosters, more GLs. Its not much fun.

skill rating is just the term used to match you up

think of it as match rating if you prefer
    hello
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    marxuke wrote: »

You could try to win instead of losing on purpose and see what happens ? I guess it will be more fun that not play at all.
  • harvestmouse
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I think your theory is a concern. If you're in Carbonite 5 what happens when all these big accounts hit the mud at the bottom. What do new players entering GAC encounter?

I checked your last 2 GACs and all bar 1 you had competitive match ups. You are punching up every match even though you're on a massive losing curve though......That's not good for morale.

5/12 wins during the most recent season where a couple of the losses could have been wins instead is not a "massive losing curve".

1/8 at one point though. That's pretty depressing..........if you're trying. It was a side buttering point though so yeah whatever.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

1/8 at one point though. That's pretty depressing..........if you're trying. It was a side buttering point though so yeah whatever.

That's why sample sizes matter.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

So, are you complaining about the remaining 4 matches that were all wins as well? Were they depressing as well?
  • harvestmouse
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You guys will argue over the smallest things. Essentially we all agreed that this player's match ups were competitive. I'm not complaining about anything, I'm a fan of the new system.

The guy was playing up a lot in Carbonite 4 and losing a lot. If it were me, that'd be depressing.

The point I think is valid is what happens eventually to all the non-playing............sorry incorrect wording apparently non-properly-playing-offensive-battles accounts?

Theoretically they'll all end up in Carbonite 5. Which means they'll be playing new GAC players. This shouldn't be a new player's first experience of GAC.
  • Options
    You guys will argue over the smallest things. Essentially we all agreed that this player's match ups were competitive. I'm not complaining about anything, I'm a fan of the new system.

The guy was playing up a lot in Carbonite 4 and losing a lot. If it were me, that'd be depressing.

The point I think is valid is what happens eventually to all the non-playing............sorry incorrect wording apparently non-properly-playing-offensive-battles accounts?

Theoretically they'll all end up in Carbonite 5. Which means they'll be playing new GAC players. This shouldn't be a new player's first experience of GAC.

Competitive? Please stop with this nonsense. The new GAC is now the mode for top 1000 players to have their fun. Everything below is broken and doesn't have to do anything with skill or whatever you wanna call it. They wanted to make GAC fun for everyone - terrible idea in my opinion, but ok. Now people who have the most fun is the top 1000 players. They have their own game mode now with all the toys at their disposal. For the rest - yes, some might still enjoy it, but for the most and for those who were actually passionate about this game mode, even in the lower leagues, they will just loose interest, because it may be fun to face people with triple your roster or GP for couple of battles, but if this happens constantly, you just stop caring. I'm sorry CG, but you butchered the best game mode your game had.
  • Lumiya
    1495 posts Member
    Options

This!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Shawkat wrote: »

Competitive? Please stop with this nonsense. The new GAC is now the mode for top 1000 players to have their fun. Everything below is broken and doesn't have to do anything with skill or whatever you wanna call it. They wanted to make GAC fun for everyone - terrible idea in my opinion, but ok. Now people who have the most fun is the top 1000 players. They have their own game mode now with all the toys at their disposal. For the rest - yes, some might still enjoy it, but for the most and for those who were actually passionate about this game mode, even in the lower leagues, they will just loose interest, because it may be fun to face people with triple your roster or GP for couple of battles, but if this happens constantly, you just stop caring. I'm sorry CG, but you butchered the best game mode your game had.

Top 1000. 👍 ok dude.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    First round I have 1m more GP than my opponent.
    This time 2.6m.
    Ouch.
  • DMG_SW
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Shawkat wrote: »

This makes literally zero sense. I'm currently ranked around 400th in Kyber 1. Every match is brutal. You fight the exact same end-game teams with excellent mods, and if you make a mistake, or get some bad RNG you lose. Last night an enemy Maul in the red dodged SLKRs AOE. That let him take a turn and unload all 5 stacks of Anguish wiping my team. Can't clear now.

Meanwhile, my 1.3M GP alt is having a blast. Sure, I face people with double or triple my GP sometimes, but I see different teams every round. I can try out different counters. Different strategies. Different challenges. GAC at 9M GP is a chore. At 1.3M GP it is an absolute blast.