Meet CG_Tusken_Meathead - Get to know me

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the jungle Meathead. Thanks for coming over to help out.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Hello Heroes of the Holotable! (Am I doing this right?)

For those of you who are not aware, I will be the temporary Community Manager while Crumb is out on Paternity leave and the team looks to backfill Doja.

If you're seeing this without seeing the original post, this is probably a weird post, but if you've seen this after the original post, then you know it's time to ask me questions.

So if you feel like it, go for it.

Cookies and coffee are on the back table.

I’ll save time… hi and bye. You won’t be here long enough to do anything meaningful, that’s not full of empty promises. You’ll either leave out of disgust for CG or be fired for trying to do something against their status quo…

Crumb is on a 3 month leave, so he's going to be around for a quarter, that is long enough imo
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

For those of you who are not aware, I will be the temporary Community Manager while Crumb is out on Paternity leave and the team looks to backfill Doja.

If you're seeing this without seeing the original post, this is probably a weird post, but if you've seen this after the original post, then you know it's time to ask me questions.

I’ll save time… hi and bye. You won’t be here long enough to do anything meaningful, that’s not full of empty promises. You’ll either leave out of disgust for CG or be fired for trying to do something against their status quo…

Crumb is on a 3 month leave, so he's going to be around for a quarter, that is long enough imo

But they need more than three months to fix even simple bugs. Special Characters in chat still don't work, which is annoying. E.g. doppelgänger will be transformed to doppelg??****

Edit: d o p p e l g ? ? n g e r
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

But they need more than three months to fix even simple bugs. Special Characters in chat still don't work, which is annoying. E.g. doppelgänger will be transformed to doppelg??****

If I had a nickel everytime someone needed to write doppelganger in chat...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

In German wie use ä ö ü quite a lot. I just used an example of a word with ä that is even used in English. This issue also affects other languages. Just see the ?????????? ?????????? guild names in your arena ranking.
  • Options
    Thanks for the list!

How about any recommendations for me, Arena Padme team was my last team.

And she's alright, when she's fed, when she's hungry she's a bit of a menace. haha

Well, arena doesn't really matter much anymore. The crystals were moved to GAC (a great change imo). So build up arena teams. Get some low hanging fruit to start while slowly working on a GL. I recommend getting the Revans first then Malak if you haven't already. Get CLS rebels up and running. Then decide on whether to get GAS or to start going all in on a GL.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

It might not be an issue for English speakers, but for example, I can't properly set TW orders in my native language. Yes, it matters.
  • Options
    Also you can’t say “Rebel Scum”, even though it’s literally a title in game.
  • Options
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as possible. Appreciate that you're being talkative right from the get go, it's definitely great to see. Hopefully we'll all have a good time together, regardless of how long this time will be. :smile:
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It might not be an issue for English speakers, but for example, I can't properly set TW orders in my native language. Yes, it matters.

Is the issue doppelganger itself, or just the use of special characters that was being highlighted?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

Is the issue doppelganger itself, or just the use of special characters that was being highlighted?

Any special character. "ä" was just an example.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Special-text-characters-are-changed-to-quot-quot/m-p/11306467#M56996
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bulgarian-characters-turn-to-questionmarks-in-chat/m-p/11289882/highlight/true#M56843
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Special-text-characters-are-changed-to-quot-quot/m-p/11306467/highlight/true#M56996
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Guild-Chat-Announcement-Special-Letters-Characters-a-o-u-gets/m-p/11263422/highlight/true#M56603
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Korean-charater-is-broken/m-p/11262633#M56598
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Special-text-characters-are-changed-to-quot-quot/m-p/11306467#M56996
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bulgarian-characters-turn-to-questionmarks-in-chat/m-p/11289882/highlight/true#M56843
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Special-text-characters-are-changed-to-quot-quot/m-p/11306467/highlight/true#M56996
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Guild-Chat-Announcement-Special-Letters-Characters-a-o-u-gets/m-p/11263422/highlight/true#M56603
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Korean-charater-is-broken/m-p/11262633#M56598

Ok, fair enough. It sounded like the complaint was specifically for that word. I imagine you guys must be clever enough to communicate effectively without special Characters. For example use "a" for "ä"..... I have a feeling people will eventually figure out what you mean.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Ok, fair enough. It sounded like the complaint was specifically for that word. I imagine you guys must be clever enough to communicate effectively without special Characters. For example use "a" for "ä"..... I have a feeling people will eventually figure out what you mean.

Sure, there are workarounds, and it would be perfectly fine if the game was targeted only at English speaking audience. But it's targeted internationally, so it should support all manners of writing. Besides, it actually did support special characters, iirc.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    They didn't even bother to add this to their development tracker
    db2yafztddg5.png

Sure, there are workarounds, and it would be perfectly fine if the game was targeted only at English speaking audience. But it's targeted internationally, so it should support all manners of writing. Besides, it actually did support special characters, iirc.

db2yafztddg5.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    db2yafztddg5.png

db2yafztddg5.png

Does the tracker have any relevance or did it enter joke territory along with the "Officer tools" and "Solicitation for topics of interest" threads?
    And to loop back on topic, Meathead, are there any plans for those "Doja leftovers" or did they lose the last chance at relevance now?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Half my guild is German or other non-english native speakers. We manage just fine.
  • Options

Imagine if the letter “f” didn’t work in text and the proposed workaround was to type “ph” phor every word instead. Pheel like that would get irritating aphter a while.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Imagine if the letter “f” didn’t work in text and the proposed workaround was to type “ph” phor every word instead. Pheel like that would get irritating aphter a while.

Phine with me.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Phine with me.

May the phorce be with you
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Half my guild is German or other non-english native speakers. We manage just fine.

If it's only half, then I assume you communicate mostly in English, so of course there is no problem. We are a full Czech/Slovak (very close nations) guild, so it's much more of an issue. Not that we couldn't manage, but it's needlessly annoying.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

If it's only half, then I assume you communicate mostly in English, so of course there is no problem. We are a full Czech/Slovak (very close nations) guild, so it's much more of an issue. Not that we couldn't manage, but it's needlessly annoying.

I mean, I wouldn't be mad if they fixed it.... just not top of MY list..
  • Options
    Welcome to your nightmare, let's see what they let you communicate about the busted GC.
  • Power25House
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meatheat - Welcome and congrats on the opportunity to lead a great team with an indispensable app. Please reconsider the decision to cutoff api access to swgoh counters. It’s become a valuable and favorite app among swgoh players and we have all gained as Saia Strange has honed his skills and upgraded the app over the last years. He has many patreons and guilds that support his efforts and would likely increase contributions if his access to swgoh.gg became paid. There is room in this galaxy for many nations, please don’t destroy this one.
    Thank you and best wishes for your continued success!

3z0bhy1mhcf4.jpeg
    [
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    With this thread and all your answers alone you had more communication to the playerbase than CG over the whole last year. I'll take that as a good sign and hope that you'll keep going.
    As a little hint you shall know that people not only love communication but having it in the official forums and not just on some Discord or special YT channels that you're friends with. Talk to the masses, entertain the masses, rule the masses (with some simple conversation on our side of the back end).
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Meathead,

LOLLLLLL!!! This name sounds so familiar to me! And had a big smile when i see your picture at the end of th e post. And you guessed it, I play two games for years, SWGOH is one, and the other one that tank game. I watched many of your videos and laughed so hard at that "a free garage slot" one. Can't believe to seeing you here again. Welcome and hope you have a great time on the job.
  • Options
    When is Luke's X-Wing getting released?! We could also use some new guild raids. Maybe a Krayt Dragon or Deathstar (for fleets)? Also we need a pirate/brigand faction. Hondo. Must have Hondo.

Your CAT is now to be known as Commander Ahsoka Tano. I have spoken.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    374 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Meathead, 2 questions:
    1. Who is the human in the pic?
    2. Was it really a good idea to hire a cat to increase community engagement?

Me and yes haha
    Yeah, anger is never directed at the CM. Until their last day when we say "Good luck! P.S. you suck at your job "

I don't mind people being angry, but there is a fine line of being angry and being mean.

You can be upset without being uncivilized, if that makes sense.
    FofoBett wrote: »
    Hi, welcome and I'm sure you know the situation...99.99% of us love Star Wars and playing this game and we are generally not swayed by you-tubers, whale demands and just get on with the general grind on getting toons to Relic and unlock GL's. We (well me!) would like a bit more transparency on where we are going, we have so much speculation from you-tubers that its hard to filter the **** from truth - so my advice would be tell us straight, tell us before and TEST (and re-test, Beta check and test again) new toon interactions - because we all put a lot of effort into this game and we get a bit fed-up when you NERF good toons.

That's my piece - hope you read it and feed this back to the devs and CG.

Adjustments never feel good, I understand that. Unfortunately sometimes it's an unnecessary evil. Not every character interaction can be tested. The reality is, players will slot someone in to a team that wasn't thought of and the interaction may go above and beyond the intended purpose of the character and while it may suck that an adjustment comes down on it, sometimes those things need to happen to help keep the balance of the game as good as it can be.

With the amount of variables, balance in games that have multiple toons with tons of kits, becomes quiet the juggling act at times, simply due to the unknowns.

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    374 posts EA Community Manager
    Options

Thank you for being so friendly!
    Welcome to the jungle Meathead. Thanks for coming over to help out.

Does this jungle have fun and games?
    SpyderCel wrote: »
    Thanks for the list!

How about any recommendations for me, Arena Padme team was my last team.

And she's alright, when she's fed, when she's hungry she's a bit of a menace. haha

Well, arena doesn't really matter much anymore. The crystals were moved to GAC (a great change imo). So build up arena teams. Get some low hanging fruit to start while slowly working on a GL. I recommend getting the Revans first then Malak if you haven't already. Get CLS rebels up and running. Then decide on whether to get GAS or to start going all in on a GL.

I will work on these asap, you're not hte first person to mention it to me
    Kisakee wrote: »
    With this thread and all your answers alone you had more communication to the the playerbase than CG over the whole last year. I'll take that as a good sign and hope that you'll keep going.
    As a little hint you shall know that people not only love communication but having it in the official forums and not just on some Discord or special YT channels that you're friends with. Talk to the masses, entertain the masses, rule the masses (with some simple conversation on our side of the back end).

I think there is room for all locations that you mentioned :)
    FieldL wrote: »
    Hi Meathead,

LOLLLLLL!!! This name sounds so familiar to me! And had a big smile when i see your picture at the end of th e post. And you guessed it, I play two games for years, SWGOH is one, and the other one that tank game. I watched many of your videos and laughed so hard at that "a free garage slot" one. Can't believe to seeing you here again. Welcome and hope you have a great time on the job.

lolol I've run into a few tankers on here, its wild haha happy to see ya here <O
    When is Luke's X-Wing getting released?! We could also use some new guild raids. Maybe a Krayt Dragon or Deathstar (for fleets)? Also we need a pirate/brigand faction. Hondo. Must have Hondo.

Your CAT is now to be known as Commander Ahsoka Tano. I have spoken.

It has been spoken

• Options
    Hello @CG_Tusken_Meathead ! Welcome here
    When read quickly your name I thought it was TuskenMetalHead, but MeatHead is fine too haha
    I hope you will have good times with us, you seem to be a very nice guy ;)