Cancel/Reset the current GAC

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    You had plenty of time to set a defense. This is entirely on you and your failure to take advantage of the week to do so.

If you didn’t bother to do so because you were lazy, don’t bother to complain on the forums either. This most recent update gives anyone facing another opponent who fails to set a defense the maximum number of banners possible.

Glad to see you can read the post i just made. Your point is irrelevant.

you want everyone to be inconveinenced because you were

why do you think people would agree with you

I was not inconvenienced when the random banners given issue occured; but understood that the error affected other ppl negatively and was sympathic and understanding that the issue warranted action.
    I see no difference between that situation and this one.

that affected at least half the player base

this only affects people who have been abusing the system designed for something else as udal pointed out above

Did it though? Do you have numbers to back that up? I saw only a handful of examples when it occured.

You can't abuse something that was intentionally put in the game by using that feature as it was designed.
    And where was the confirmation auto deploy was only added to help opponents accomplish feats?
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    You had plenty of time to set a defense. This is entirely on you and your failure to take advantage of the week to do so.

If you didn’t bother to do so because you were lazy, don’t bother to complain on the forums either. This most recent update gives anyone facing another opponent who fails to set a defense the maximum number of banners possible.

Glad to see you can read the post i just made. Your point is irrelevant.

you want everyone to be inconveinenced because you were

why do you think people would agree with you

I was not inconvenienced when the random banners given issue occured; but understood that the error affected other ppl negatively and was sympathic and understanding that the issue warranted action.
    I see no difference between that situation and this one.

that affected at least half the player base

this only affects people who have been abusing the system designed for something else as udal pointed out above

Did it though? Do you have numbers to back that up? I saw only a handful of examples when it occured.

You can't abuse something that was intentionally put in the game by using that feature as it was designed.
    And where was the confirmation auto deploy was only added to help opponents accomplish feats?

But you don’t like gac? So why are you still complaining about the game mode?
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    May I ask why you only set a defence "occasionally"?

Sure! I set when I had time to and when I was in the mood (which was rarely as I dislike gac). .

• Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Also, just set your defense as a top down mismatch. Then you won’t need to worry about it. I’m sure spending this much time complaining on the forum about a game ‘you only have a few minutes to play each day’ is eating time you could use to, gasp, set a defense.

Im using a web browser on my work pc to post these. I don't have the ability to load a emulator on this station and personal phones are not allowed to be utilized on job site.

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification. Regardless of my personal decisions, interests, desire to use the preset defense loadouts, time restraints, etc. This issue occurred because CG failed to communicate that auto deploy is no longer a function, despite being present for years.
    Anyone have an arguement regarding that fact that doesn't include your personal opinions of me?
    The fact remains they changed a feature without notifiyng the player base. Whether you're happy or not with that is not the issue, it's how it was done that is.

Using the auto set is choosing a strategy..

Choosing to not take part in a game mode and then complaining.. standard swgoh forum logic.

Not the issue. Previous posts by me have indicated that I do participate in GAC, just not to the extent others may. But players like myself are getting screwed this round because cg again did not announce the removal of auto deploy.
    T

You literally posted..

Sure! I set when I had time to and when I was in the mood (which was rarely as I dislike gac). ‘

Fairly sure that means you don’t

What's your definition of participate then? I've joined every GAC, just didn't set d all the time. Sometimes I wanted to/had time to, sometimes I auto deployed. Pretty sure the fact I joined means I'm participating in some capacity.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Also, just set your defense as a top down mismatch. Then you won’t need to worry about it. I’m sure spending this much time complaining on the forum about a game ‘you only have a few minutes to play each day’ is eating time you could use to, gasp, set a defense.

Im using a web browser on my work pc to post these. I don't have the ability to load a emulator on this station and personal phones are not allowed to be utilized on job site.

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification.

You misinterpreted the reason for auto defense. It existed not to help you, the person that forgot to set (or didn't want to set) defense. It existed to help your opponent, who couldn't do feats unless you set a defense. Because feats no longer exist, there is no longer a reason for auto-defense to exist. And since that is the reason it is gone, there was no reason to tell anyone about it.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2336 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    This situation is player-side, seeing as how setting a defense (or not setting one) is entirely up to each individual.

The incorrect GAC banner bug was server side.

Not remotely similar.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification.

You misinterpreted the reason for auto defense. It existed not to help you, the person that forgot to set (or didn't want to set) defense. It existed to help your opponent, who couldn't do feats unless you set a defense. Because feats no longer exist, there is no longer a reason for auto-defense to exist. And since that is the reason it is gone, there was no reason to tell anyone about it.

Great points, and until an early post in this thread I was under the impression it was QOL change for all, not those just chasing fests.
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification. Regardless of my personal decisions, interests, desire to use the preset defense loadouts, time restraints, etc. This issue occurred because CG failed to communicate that auto deploy is no longer a function, despite being present for years.
    Anyone have an arguement regarding that fact that doesn't include your personal opinions of me?
    The fact remains they changed a feature without notifiyng the player base. Whether you're happy or not with that is not the issue, it's how it was done that is.

Choosing to not take part in a game mode and then complaining.. standard swgoh forum logic.

Not the issue. Previous posts by me have indicated that I do participate in GAC, just not to the extent others may. But players like myself are getting screwed this round because cg again did not announce the removal of auto deploy.
    T

You literally posted..

Sure! I set when I had time to and when I was in the mood (which was rarely as I dislike gac). ‘

What's your definition of participate then? I've joined every GAC, just didn't set d all the time. Sometimes I wanted to/had time to, sometimes I auto deployed. Pretty sure the fact I joined means I'm participating in some capacity.

You chose to not set defensive teams. You chose to rely on auto set. You chose to ignore that a new part of gac was implemented. You chose to not spend your ‘few minutes a day’ to not fill the defense slots.

Struggling to see where it’s anyones fault but yours?

• Options
    First off, for one, I fully agree with everyone here who is blasting the OP. They had the set defense tool out there for a week, with a big annoying red dot on the Arena node that even required you to set 3v3 defenses (Absolutely CANNOT wait to have my Omicrons on Starkiller not able to do anything!). So, someone complaining about auto-deploy not happening is just *chef's kiss*.

One thing I would suggest is to require the defense table to have been set before allowing sign up for the event. Don't have anything set on defense? Can't join. Put something in the table, even just a single team? Cool, enable that green button.

I'm also LOL'ing at the "I don't have time to set the defense" but has time to post repeatedly on the Internet forum about it dichotomy going on here.
  • Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

T

You literally posted..

You chose to not set defensive teams. You chose to rely on auto set. You chose to ignore that a new part of gac was implemented. You chose to not spend your ‘few minutes a day’ to not fill the defense slots.

Did cg announce the removal of auto deploy- yes or no?
    That's your answer.
  • Options
    @crzydroid why was this thread moved to no man's land
  • Options
    Did CG ever announce that if you didn’t set a defense in past seasons, the game will just auto deploy your strongest units in an extremely random order for you? Yes or no?

Answer is no, so I fail to see why they’d announce auto deploy’s removal.

All of this boils down to you ignoring the fact that you could set your defense for a week.

• Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

T

You literally posted..

Did cg announce the removal of auto deploy- yes or no?
    That's your answer.

They announced that how defenses are deployed is totally changing. If you chose not to set a defense, then it deploys that "not set" defense. You can no longer "set a defense" when a round starts. They have the "edit defense" table that gets placed when the attack round starts.

To me and my programmer brain, having nothing be set in this scenario is what should happen. If the initial value of Thing A (the defense table) is empty, and you are replacing Thing B with Thing A, then Thing B (the defense your opponent faces) is empty.
  • Options
    Did CG ever announce that if you didn’t set a defense in past seasons, the game will just auto deploy your strongest units in an extremely random order for you? Yes or

Well apparently they announced auto deploy was to help ppl achieve feats, so I'm guessing somewhere in that post would be your answer?
  • crzydroid
    7331 posts Moderator
    Options
    It doesn't matter if they didn't announce it, because it was never a "feature." It was meant to be implemented in a way that punishes those who don't participate. The implementation of the new system, which was announced and available for a long time, was a boon to players who don't always have time to set. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have jumped on it instead of relying on a system that would have given you a greater chance of losing.

If the defense carry over hadn't worked, they might reset. But not for this.
  • crzydroid
    7331 posts Moderator
    Options

Because it is feedback.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Because it is feedback.

So what is the difference between the General and General Discussion categories? Are the posts all not feed back?
  • Options

did you win those matches because the other person also auto-deployed and you had the higher GP? you should still win those matches. If you're mad that someone will beat you because they actually clicked through screens when you didn't, that's a you problem.
    I won some that were against auto deploy, won some against those who actually deployed. Lost some against both too.
    I can take losing ; not a problem. When it's fair.
    When they remove a day 1 feature without notification; that i can get mad at.
    Edit: not a day 1 gac feature, fair enough. It's been around long enough though I almost thought it was.
    Also, the handicap of auto deploy is you don't get your top ~40 toons

it's completely fair that someone who participates in the mode wins against someone who doesn't. What's your complaint again?
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if they didn't announce it, because it was never a "feature." It was meant to be implemented in a way that punishes those who don't participate. The implementation of the new system, which was announced and available for a long time, was a boon to players who don't always have time to set. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have jumped on it instead of relying on a system that would have given you a greater chance of losing.

If the defense carry over hadn't worked, they might reset. But not for this.

Where's this fabled post on the reasoning for implementing auto deploy?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Because it is feedback.

So what is the difference between the General and General Discussion categories? Are the posts all not feed back?

Hourly reminder that if you use the Recent Discussions view it doesn't matter what category a thread is in.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    The beauty of it is that it only affects you one time, because now you know you need to set a defense in the tool and then it saves you time because you never have to set a defense again.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    The beauty of it is that it only affects you one time, because now you know you need to set a defense in the tool and then it saves you time because you never have to set a defense again.

Zero disagreement on that, Starson