Cancel/Reset the current GAC

Prev1
Magruffin
786 posts Member
edited April 2022
As the title says; I'm requesting the current gac be canceled and reset due to the failure of auto deploy.
It was either not intentional, and thus cost some players a loss beyond their control
OR
It was intentional and cg did not communicate this.
Either way, this has a negative effect on some players.
Please reset this GAC, like you did when random banners were awarded in a previous gac. Then, prior to the restart, either confirm the change was intentional or fix it.
To those that are happy it's gone; cool. But it still doesn't excuse the fact that some of us are now getting a full loss when NOTHING indicated we would (basically please try and see it from my side, if it were you and your auto deploy didn't happen wouldn't you be ticked?).
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Autodeploy = lost game anyway. You had a week or so to set defense template.
  • Magruffin
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Eyo wrote: »
    Autodeploy = lost game anyway. You had a week or so to set defense template.

Validity of autodeploy as a strat is not the topic of this thread.
    Edit: and no where did they indicate setting an auto def was required/ would be replacing auto deploy
  • Options
    so you want everyone to be affected because you didnt want to set d

no
    hello
  • Options

no

It's not just me though. And it's the fact that it wasn't communicated or it wasn't intentional that is the issue.
    If your preset defense (the new feature) didn't work, you'd be in the same position I'm in, and what would you be asking for? Would you be OK with someone who manually set their d saying "well you're too lazy to manually set your d every round, so that's on you and we shouldn't be affected"
    The example above would affect far more players than the auto deploy issue does, but it's basically the same principle.
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Look - they won't do it anyway, there is 0% chance for that, random banners affected a lot of players, this one - only a minority that didn't care about gac and that had already over 90% chance of loosing. Reset now would affect people that already gained banners/victory, those who played and wasted time. A much bigger subset of players, loosing much more... Not a slightest chance. So be glad you can now set def once and have a better chance of winning with 0 added time, or set random squads as if that is actually a strat.
  • Options
    No thanks.
    If you were just going to auto deploy, you werent really planning on playing
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    Options

Magruffin wrote: »
    Validity of autodeploy as a strat is not the topic of this thread.
    Edit: and no where did they indicate setting an auto def was required/ would be replacing auto deploy

Auto deploy was not a strat. It was a fail safe.
    They announced the changes. They put a thing at login. They made the tutorial happen. They put red dots on it. They even made me set my defense for 3v3, just too clear the dot. This has been a thing.

All I'm saying is, it's your own fault. Take the L. If you rely on auto deploy, you weren't going to win anyway.

• Options
    I won 2/3 of matchups when auto deploy worked, so stating i was going to loose or that it's an auto loss is false.
    Ftr I do occasionally set my d, it was just nice to have the failsafe.
    And again, regardless of how many red dots they used to show the new preset option, they NEVER indicated the existing auto deploy feature would not be available.
    Again, the crux of this issue is that the removal of a feature that had been in GAC since day 1 was removed without any communication specifically regarding it.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    What bracket are u at again ?
  • Options

no

It's not just me though. And it's the fact that it wasn't communicated or it wasn't intentional that is the issue.
    If your preset defense (the new feature) didn't work, you'd be in the same position I'm in, and what would you be asking for? Would you be OK with someone who manually set their d saying "well you're too lazy to manually set your d every round, so that's on you and we shouldn't be affected"
    The example above would affect far more players than the auto deploy issue does, but it's basically the same principle.

how do you know auto deploy didnt work

i think they got rid of it because its completely unnecessary now and so yes id be ok with someone teling me its too bad if i didnt take five minutes to set a d one time over a five day period which then never has to be touched again
    hello
  • Options
    I won 2/3 of matchups when auto deploy worked, so stating i was going to loose or that it's an auto loss is false.
    Ftr I do occasionally set my d, it was just nice to have the failsafe.
    And again, regardless of how many red dots they used to show the new preset option, they NEVER indicated the existing auto deploy feature would not be available.
    Again, the crux of this issue is that the removal of a feature that had been in GAC since day 1 was removed without any communication specifically regarding it.

did you win those matches because the other person also auto-deployed and you had the higher GP? you should still win those matches. If you're mad that someone will beat you because they actually clicked through screens when you didn't, that's a you problem.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    May I ask why you only set a defence "occasionally"?

Sure! I set when I had time to and when I was in the mood (which was rarely as I dislike gac). I sometimes only have a few minutes to play a day, and setting def. Was not a priority in those minutes (although I will say winning battles in gac was) I just couldn't be bothered to set d as I knew I'd get a pretty decent d from auto deploy
    Looooki wrote: »
    What bracket are u at again ?
    Chromium 2

no

how do you know auto deploy didnt work

i think they got rid of it because its completely unnecessary now and so yes id be ok with someone teling me its too bad if i didnt take five minutes to set a d one time over a five day period which then never has to be touched again

I know auto deploy didn't work because it didn't deploy(ie no teams showing up in my d slots) and my opponent has full banners
    -
    Again the use of my time isn't the issue, the issue is removing a feature that's been here since day 1 without notifying the playerbase.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    As the title says; I'm requesting the current gac be canceled and reset due to the failure of auto deploy.
    It was either not intentional, and thus cost some players a loss beyond their control
    OR
    It was intentional and cg did not communicate this.
    Either way, this has a negative effect on some players.
    Please reset this GAC, like you did when random banners were awarded in a previous gac. Then, prior to the restart, either confirm the change was intentional or fix it.
    To those that are happy it's gone; cool. But it still doesn't excuse the fact that some of us are now getting a full loss when NOTHING indicated we would (basically please try and see it from my side, if it were you and your auto deploy didn't happen wouldn't you be ticked?).

Considering GAC it's working as intended for a 99,99% of players who cared to set squads, and you have more Than 1 whole week to set deffenses, i think it's just your problem, because even before you can create a template squad called "gac defenses" And spend less than just 3 minutes setting all.
    Also, autodeploy never should be a system working on a game mode, and if work it should have a handicap for the user that autodeploy.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It hasn't been there since day one, incidentally.

It was added later in GAC to compensate for people being unable to work towards feats when opponents didn't set a defence.

It was never meant to benefit those that didn't set a defence.
  • Magruffin
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

did you win those matches because the other person also auto-deployed and you had the higher GP? you should still win those matches. If you're mad that someone will beat you because they actually clicked through screens when you didn't, that's a you problem.
    I won some that were against auto deploy, won some against those who actually deployed. Lost some against both too.
    I can take losing ; not a problem. When it's fair.
    When they remove a day 1 feature without notification; that i can get mad at.
    Edit: not a day 1 gac feature, fair enough. It's been around long enough though I almost thought it was.
    Also, the handicap of auto deploy is you don't get your top ~40 toons
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Also, just set your defense as a top down mismatch. Then you won’t need to worry about it. I’m sure spending this much time complaining on the forum about a game ‘you only have a few minutes to play each day’ is eating time you could use to, gasp, set a defense.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Not setting a D is a strat that deserves to have you lose.
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Also, just set your defense as a top down mismatch. Then you won’t need to worry about it. I’m sure spending this much time complaining on the forum about a game ‘you only have a few minutes to play each day’ is eating time you could use to, gasp, set a defense.

Im using a web browser on my work pc to post these. I don't have the ability to load a emulator on this station and personal phones are not allowed to be utilized on job site.

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification. Regardless of my personal decisions, interests, desire to use the preset defense loadouts, time restraints, etc. This issue occurred because CG failed to communicate that auto deploy is no longer a function, despite being present for years.
    Anyone have an arguement regarding that fact that doesn't include your personal opinions of me?
    The fact remains they changed a feature without notifiyng the player base. Whether you're happy or not with that is not the issue, it's how it was done that is.
  • Options
    You had plenty of time to set a defense. This is entirely on you and your failure to take advantage of the week to do so.

If you didn’t bother to do so because you were lazy, don’t bother to complain on the forums either. This most recent update gives anyone facing another opponent who fails to set a defense the maximum number of banners possible.
  • Options
    You had plenty of time to set a defense. This is entirely on you and your failure to take advantage of the week to do so.

If you didn’t bother to do so because you were lazy, don’t bother to complain on the forums either. This most recent update gives anyone facing another opponent who fails to set a defense the maximum number of banners possible.

Glad to see you can read the post i just made. Your point is irrelevant.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Im using a web browser on my work pc to post these. I don't have the ability to load a emulator on this station and personal phones are not allowed to be utilized on job site.

So all the arguements I see posted are basically just attacking me for the use of my time/my lack of enthusiasm regarding GAC. Nothing arguing the main reason for the post though: they removed a feature without notification. Regardless of my personal decisions, interests, desire to use the preset defense loadouts, time restraints, etc. This issue occurred because CG failed to communicate that auto deploy is no longer a function, despite being present for years.
    Anyone have an arguement regarding that fact that doesn't include your personal opinions of me?
    The fact remains they changed a feature without notifiyng the player base. Whether you're happy or not with that is not the issue, it's how it was done that is.

Using the auto set is choosing a strategy..

Choosing to not take part in a game mode and then complaining.. standard swgoh forum logic.
  • Options
    Looking back through the notes.. You're right there was no mention that if you didn't set your defense in their new tool that you would set nothing at all.

With that said.. even previously with auto-deploys. If you can't burden yourself (not specifically the OP) to take five minutes to set a defense and now we had the option to do it at least a week in advance then I can't have sympathy for taking a loss here. Yes it should have been noted, but we know the level of communication we get with changes like this.
  • Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Choosing to not take part in a game mode and then complaining.. standard swgoh forum logic.

Not the issue. Previous posts by me have indicated that I do participate in GAC, just not to the extent others may. But players like myself are getting screwed this round because cg again did not announce the removal of auto deploy.
    T
  • Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

you work 24 hours shifts?

hello
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Top 40 toons.. hah..

Not the issue. Previous posts by me have indicated that I do participate in GAC, just not to the extent others may. But players like myself are getting screwed this round because cg again did not announce the removal of auto deploy.
    T

You literally posted..

Sure! I set when I had time to and when I was in the mood (which was rarely as I dislike gac). ‘

Fairly sure that means you don’t
  • Options
    Looking back through the notes.. You're right there was no mention that if you didn't set your defense in their new tool that you would set nothing at all.

With that said.. even previously with auto-deploys. If you can't burden yourself (not specifically the OP) to take five minutes to set a defense and now we had the option to do it at least a week in advance then I can't have sympathy for taking a loss here. Yes it should have been noted, but we know the level of communication we get with changes like this.

Thank you for acknowledging the point I'm trying to make without making it personal. To be fair, if I knew that going through and doing presets was my only option to avoid manually setting d or taking an instant loss, I most likely would've. The fact it was presented as optional and no other indication about auto deploy being removed though is a failure on cg
  • Options

you want everyone to be inconveinenced because you were

why do you think people would agree with you
    hello
  • Options

I was not inconvenienced when the random banners given issue occured; but understood that the error affected other ppl negatively and was sympathic and understanding that the issue warranted action.
    I see no difference between that situation and this one.
  • Options

I was not inconvenienced when the random banners given issue occured; but understood that the error affected other ppl negatively and was sympathic and understanding that the issue warranted action.
    I see no difference between that situation and this one.

that affected at least half the player base

this only affects people who have been abusing the system designed for something else as udal pointed out above
    hello