We don’t want datacrons

13Next

Replies

• Archaea
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I was so happy about Malgus and now CG have come in and fully ruined it with this ridiculous datacron idea. Honestly this has upset me so much I am debating on quitting the game if this actually sees light. I am hoping that CG see the near to 100 percent negative feedback on this and scrap this whole idea
  • Mordj
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Where is my post ?
  • Options
    These limited time Datacrons are just another step towards season passes, which shouldn't exist in a mobile game IMO.

That being said, I don't hate the idea of them without season passes...if they finish making changes to the gear economy first. Do CG think we're stupid? They've clearly shelved it and are hoping to disguise it with more pay2win content.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yeah this will cause more people to leave and more guilds to break up

Everything does that though.

So you are excited to get temp rewards that you may need to pay for to keep up with your guild's needs vs your own?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

So you are excited to get temp rewards that you may need to pay for to keep up with your guild's needs vs your own?

Did I say I was in favor of this new thing???

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Mordj wrote: »
    Where is my post ?

I'll beat that quill.... why is your post
  • Chandra
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I find it absolutely amazing that the second I start to get back into this game thinking they’ve changed they make this absolute cash grab and reminds me who makes this game.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Did I say I was in favor of this new thing???

Lol.

No clue, thats why i asked the question
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Another thread has been deleted shocking

I think all the ex-twiiter employees got hired by CG.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    if your looking for positive feedback. I think the only way I could be postive about datacrons is if they removed r9 and omnicrons from the game. both r9 and omnicrons were meant for ea/cg to make money off them and they obviously didnt make enough which is why they are releasing this new cashgrab that is not that different from an omnicron but only being temporary and requiring more resources "lets be honest and say $$"

Whether or not they made "enough" is debatable. Regardless, even if R9 and omircrons broke all their previous revenue records, do you think they would then sit back and say "We've made enough money this year, so let's take it easy for the remainder of the year"?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    My hope here is its taken from you after 3 months because its in beta build and they want to reset the beta player to try new interactions.

But i would have to ask... why do the omicrons exist if this was coming?
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    My hope here is its taken from you after 3 months because its in beta build and they want to reset the beta player to try new interactions.

Because omicrons are different than datacrons?
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    Options
    Eventually players are just going to say no. Maybe we've finally reached that point.

I don't think the majority of players would have a problem with things like this if there were ever new modes that got made strictly for entertainment and resource gain, for example. This player base deserves such a love letter from CG. They acknowledged that relieving the gear crunch is in order. This would be a perfect implementation. I think everyone would welcome new game modes that a player could sit down for an hour a day and decompress with. A mobile game should reduce stress.. not constantly add to it with things like GAC/Conquest/TW.
  • Screerider
    1393 posts Member
    Options
    The only way I think seasonal resources would be acceptable is if its linked to a new currency(s).
    That's what I was thinking as well. New currency... and Crystals, of course.

The only other "temporary" items we spend resources on that get deleted (if not used) are Conquest Consumables. And they're just Conquest currency and Crystals (or free).

• ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Just shooting an alternative idea :

Instead of a random, spend more money and ressources, and then lol, i'm gonna delete your progression after 3 months. Maybe there is a better way to do this.

I would propose a point buy type of thing. If you have played War Thunder, i would propose something like the crew in it. Basically, you have a progression on a "crew" (you can call it whatever). That "crew" have points to buy skills that is based on it's level. A crew have a "tank", or in this case a datacron. You can buy anything you like based on the amount of points your "crew" have. Like this, you can uprage your "crews", and changing it's "tanks"/datacron without loosing progression cause the progression is on your crew, not the datacron. If you have 5 datacron, you need 5 "crews". Possibility of many progression, and monitisation.

It also removes the random, but that's a good thing.

That being said, i still don't want any of that in the game. I think this is better than what i have seen about datacrons, but i still don't want it.
  • Winterwolves
    1746 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of stress about something not even definitely coming to the game.
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of stress about something not even definitely coming to the game.

You don't develop something, and call beta testers to never deploy it....
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

So zeta make my charactera better.
    Omi make them better in certain modes
    Data make them better everywhere

Why does omi exist
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why does omi exist

Data make them better temporarily
  • Options
    It’s finally over. I just finished the rng fest known as pt 4 in the GAS event. I should be feeling ecstatic, but all I can think about is what datacrons are going to do to the game. I see wave after wave of content just washing away the f2p player base. No gear 2.0, no shipload of content, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I really love this game. They do a great job with a lot of things, so I don’t want to just complain. The developers have just completely lost their way. It is stunningly obvious that they are simply making this game for the whales, when only .15% of gamers make up 50% of the revenue for mobile games(1). They do not care about the f2p experience, and they will lose their player base more and more until they do. I hope things change, because this game is the best.
    (1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.destructoid.com/0-15-of-mobile-gamers-bring-in-50-of-f2p-revenue/amp/
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Not in PvE.
  • LordDirt
    5041 posts Member
    Options
    Why would a company care about people who dont give it money?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Because these people are useful pawns
  • Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    Options

Because those are the ones who you can buy advantage over.

Whales only game would mean people paying and still getting only 3000th spot in SA, competing in Bronze4 etc.
    Not fun. Whales are spending so they can beat f2p.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

Why does omi exist

Why does zeta exist?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Why does omi exist

Read original post please. I speculated the temp might be due to it being on a beta build, forcing the beta tester to try different load outs.

I went on to pnder if it wouldnt be permanent for us in the full release.

I then asked if that was the case, why did omi exist in the first place.

But thanks for proving my point out
  • LordDirt
    5041 posts Member
    Options
    Revanfan wrote: »

Because those are the ones who you can buy advantage over.

Whales only game would mean people paying and still getting only 3000th spot in SA, competing in Bronze4 etc.
    Not fun. Whales are spending so they can beat f2p.

SA is worthless now and whales play mostly against other whales in GA. FTP and whales meeting would be very low. Whales are trying to keep up with other whales.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Not in PvE.

I can only think of a few spots id even care about
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Not in PvE.

I can only think of a few spots id even care about

That's fine but you said "Data make them better everywhere" and that's untrue.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Why does omi exist

Read original post please. I speculated the temp might be due to it being on a beta build, forcing the beta tester to try different load outs.

I went on to pnder if it wouldnt be permanent for us in the full release.

I then asked if that was the case, why did omi exist in the first place.

But thanks for proving my point out

They can, of course, change whatever they want between beta and release (or after release for that matter). But according to the leak, the entire point of the feature was to add seasonal bonuses, so it's super unlikely to be a permanent boost of any kind.