Overprepared is Overdone!

Replies

  • JibberJabber
    76 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Well it seems they also took out some of the disk that allowed you survive the initial burst damage. This time around I didn’t see and entrenched or leaders resolve.

    I have been running the debuff heavy disk, great for clearing the sectors, but terrible for trying to get the feats done. If only we got credit for the DOT deaths😭
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

    Overprepared is good

    Wouldn't expect anything less from a company person 👍🏾(And yes. I know you are a volunteer)
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    edited May 9
    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks

    That's a lie. How many times do I have to say it. Nothing about being forced to sit out for an entire round for 90% of battles is in any way considered a challenge. You're telling people to run normal or easy if they don't have the gear for it. Guess what, I am running it on normal and my team is geared and modded way beyond the recommended amount.
    Then you tell us to use better data disks. That's such a laugh when you know for a fact it's rng. All I ever get are useless data disks. Especially when you just start the event and you're still in phase 2. There are not enough options to get what is needed because it's all locked behind rng. With every conquest they make it harder and harder to get any useful data disks. I have gone entire events without ever getting any useful data disks. This is with going the hard path for greater selection. It's all the same garbage. I don't normally see anything good until the last phase and a half of the event where they slightly increase the odds of better disks after the final boss fights.
    Post edited by Engage on
  • Ultra
    9313 posts Moderator
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster
  • Starslayer
    1624 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    If they removed Overprepared, they would just increase their stats in a way we can't see or plan for.

    At least overprepared gives you an idea of how much faster they are.

    See one of the replies above. The speed of some teams is already over the fastest of GLs.
    Ultra wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

    Overprepared is good

    Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?

    Good for the challenge

    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks
    You're telling people to run normal or easy if they don't have the gear for it. Guess what, I am running it on normal and my team is geared and modded way beyond the recommended amount.
    Easy mode it is then.

  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster

    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Easy mode it is then.

    What would be the point of that? I should be progressing into hard mode soon. Not going from normal mode since the first conquest ever released into easy mode because they messed it up for everyone. I'm not the only one having problems with the event being broken and unbalanced.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

    Overprepared is good

    Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?

    Good for the challenge

    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks

    Lol good for the challenge. interesting wording then is no challenge coz you don't have a chance to make move in 90% of fights.

    I've seen videos of people winning with under 20% stamina

    I've seen videos of low gear geonosians beating r8 Rey. Welcome to the Internet. Not everything you see can be believed.
  • zatho
    671 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Easy mode it is then.

    What would be the point of that? I should be progressing into hard mode soon. Not going from normal mode since the first conquest ever released into easy mode because they messed it up for everyone. I'm not the only one having problems with the event being broken and unbalanced.

    Without galactic legends hard conquest is no fun
  • Ultra wrote: »
    or you aren't using the right data disks
    How are they to get the right data disks if they can't get past an early fight?
  • zatho wrote: »
    I got a lucky set. Enemies can only use basic abilities.
    LMFAO, I actually love that, HAHAHA
  • zatho wrote: »
    I wonder how it would be with no overprepared, but stamina only to regenerate 1% per 60 Minutes. Then you could use more teams to fight but also need more teams because you run out of stamina more dramatically

    I really like the idea that my lesser teams might have some small use & I don't have to keep repeating my top 5 meta teams that are all Relic 5-8
    Good idea!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Challenge nodes aren't any more difficult than regular nodes in sectors four and five. Woopity doo, you get to choose 3 more 1 and 2 dot discs that are the same ones as in the other node you could've gotten not taking the challenge routes. (Seriously, this is dumb. If you're going to make it "challenge" nodes, at least improve the reward for taking the difficult path and ease the overprepared excessiveness on "regular" nodes. At least blue discs, or even purple.)
    This ^^^

    I don't actually see the challenge nodes as any different, actually, sometimes they seem easier, its all RNG it looks like to me.
    Then when you go that path, its nothing but some RNG for added "chances", no guaranteed good disc, most often its a load of grey disc crap.

    The challenge path extra choice option shouldn't be filled with Greys, &, it should have at LEAST 1 blue to choose from at tier 1 & only get better from there.
    IE... 2 Blues minimum in Tier 2
    3 Blues in Tier 3, A Purple 3* in Tier 4, a Purple 4* in Tier 5.

  • Rath_Tarr
    4684 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster

    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/
    I can see why you would be having issues. That is an oddly constructed roster.

    If you want to do better in Conquest and elsewhere:
    1) Gear and relic Chewpio to round out your CLS squad
    2) Build up the characters to unlock GAS and power up him and the 501st clones
    3) Push for a GL
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster

    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/
    I can see why you would be having issues. That is an oddly constructed roster.

    If you want to do better in Conquest and elsewhere:
    1) Gear and relic Chewpio to round out your CLS squad
    2) Build up the characters to unlock GAS and power up him and the 501st clones
    3) Push for a GL

    I'm currently working on those goals. I'm closest to getting Luke but still need to get RJT before it's just relic grinds left.


  • Overprepared is good[/quote]

    Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts? [/quote]

    Good for the challenge

    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks[/quote]

    You do realize that by supporting this lazy game mode you doing nothing but belittling your position as a moderator ?
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    I get the feeling they're secretly in agreement and just trolling us so we will explain ourselves in further detail. They have just as much leverage in the situation as the rest of us. Which isn't a whole lot if the CG devs decide to continue ignoring us like they have been. Just when you think things are almost getting better they ruin the event.
    It makes the guys who have been pushing for these difficulty spikes look incompetent. Nobody is going to want to pay money towards a game when they aren't having fun.
  • Antario
    635 posts Member
    Similar to GAC MM, simply gating conquest difficulty levels based on GP is not enough. To reduce frustration, maybe the checks shall include roster depth. E.g. Hard node conquest only accessible for people, who have at least unlocked two GLs.

    I'm sure there will be other complaints about that approach. But at least people won't be surprised to find out their 5m GP roster cant make a dent in hard conquest.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4684 posts Member
    edited May 10
    Antario wrote: »
    Similar to GAC MM, simply gating conquest difficulty levels based on GP is not enough. To reduce frustration, maybe the checks shall include roster depth. E.g. Hard node conquest only accessible for people, who have at least unlocked two GLs.

    You do not need a GL to make progress in hard mode Conquest. Even in the later sectors I routinely throw GAS+501st against various opponents and in the early sectors a variety of squads are quite usable, provided you have them relic'd. The OP's biggest problem is his other roster development choices not his lack of a GL.
    Antario wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be other complaints about that approach. But at least people won't be surprised to find out their 5m GP roster cant make a dent in hard conquest.
    In earlier Conquests I seem to recall players who were below the GP threshold for hard mode, some of whom even had a.GL, complaining that they were locked out of it.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Similar to GAC MM, simply gating conquest difficulty levels based on GP is not enough. To reduce frustration, maybe the checks shall include roster depth. E.g. Hard node conquest only accessible for people, who have at least unlocked two GLs.

    I'm sure there will be other complaints about that approach. But at least people won't be surprised to find out their 5m GP roster cant make a dent in hard conquest.

    I've gotten every red crate on my alt with 1 GL, first few with none. GP gate is plenty. A roster with a bunch of different factions and squads does fine.
  • If they removed Overprepared, they would just increase their stats in a way we can't see or plan for.

    At least overprepared gives you an idea of how much faster they are.

    If we could check the opponents speed before entering, I would not mind
  • Antario wrote: »
    Similar to GAC MM, simply gating conquest difficulty levels based on GP is not enough. To reduce frustration, maybe the checks shall include roster depth. E.g. Hard node conquest only accessible for people, who have at least unlocked two GLs.

    I'm sure there will be other complaints about that approach. But at least people won't be surprised to find out their 5m GP roster cant make a dent in hard conquest.

    That would seem overly harsh. My alt is in S5 now at 4.38M, with just SLKR and GAS.
  • Ravens1113
    4556 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    I don't love overprepared. But it does make scrubs cry. Which makes me laugh. So I guess that means I like it?

    Which proves any time you comment now is just to sow discord and derail threads. Not like it wasn’t already known…
    Ultra wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

    Overprepared is good

    Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?

    Good for the challenge

    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks

    It would be good if it wasn’t completely random and arbitrary. I’m curious how OP1 can make a team take two turns before my GL who is modded for speeds of 560 go once.

    Perhaps if we could idk….see the stats of the enemies, or if they actually when off their base, non modded stats we could prepare and take part in the “challenge” of a speed race lol.

    Overprepared is a lazy mechanic in and of itself and CG refusing to let us see the enemy stats for a battle is both just as lazy, and insulting to the player base to add yet another layer of impulse/anger spending.

    I shudder to think what they’re gonna be doing with LOTR and how they’ll manage to mess up that IP as well.
  • Ultra
    9313 posts Moderator
    Engage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster

    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/

    You only have like... two, maybe three usable teams from what I see
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    I don't love overprepared. But it does make scrubs cry. Which makes me laugh. So I guess that means I like it?

    Which proves any time you comment now is just to sow discord and derail threads. Not like it wasn’t already known…
    Ultra wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

    Overprepared is good

    Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?

    Good for the challenge

    If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks

    It would be good if it wasn’t completely random and arbitrary. I’m curious how OP1 can make a team take two turns before my GL who is modded for speeds of 560 go once.

    Perhaps if we could idk….see the stats of the enemies, or if they actually when off their base, non modded stats we could prepare and take part in the “challenge” of a speed race lol.

    Overprepared is a lazy mechanic in and of itself and CG refusing to let us see the enemy stats for a battle is both just as lazy, and insulting to the player base to add yet another layer of impulse/anger spending.

    I shudder to think what they’re gonna be doing with LOTR and how they’ll manage to mess up that IP as well.

    From the sound of it it's SWGOH but with hobbits.
  • Harakein
    56 posts Member
    Overprepared = CG is simply lazy, as already mentioned.

    There are soooooooooooo many other ways to make a conquest intresting and difficult, but hey... CG don't cares in anyway about a good game experience for the players. Why? Because the players simply mean nothing to them.

    Normally, I would skip the game, but I like Star Wars, so better keep playin' but no payin', that's the way. ;-)
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

    I wanna see your roster

    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/

    You only have like... two, maybe three usable teams from what I see

    up3avigppgto.png


Sign In or Register to comment.