Overprepared is Overdone!

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Engage wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Are all white disks useless?

I got one blue in the recent conquest. Rest were green or white. I got the purples from the 100 DR / Malak kills and 20 No leader, I guess.

Depends. If you want to go with Dots and thermals or ability blockade, then yes.
    Amplify agony is great at any colour.

I think anyone blaming their disk choices for struggling in conquest is deflecting blame from their lack of roster strength.

Tell that to the people who keep blaming it on the disk choices as if roster strength has nothing to do with it.
    I was aiming my comment at you, so that’s what I thought I was doing?
  • Options
    Zealous Ambition too. Don't remember the exact numbers but three whites get you like offense equal to 100% health?
  • Options
    Zealous Ambition too. Don't remember the exact numbers but three whites get you like offense equal to 100% health?
    White disks are trash though.

Seriously though, anyone picking disks solely off their colour rather than what buffs they provide is missing the point of conquest.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Engage wrote: »

I got one blue in the recent conquest. Rest were green or white. I got the purples from the 100 DR / Malak kills and 20 No leader, I guess.

Depends. If you want to go with Dots and thermals or ability blockade, then yes.

I think anyone blaming their disk choices for struggling in conquest is deflecting blame from their lack of roster strength.

Tell that to the people who keep blaming it on the disk choices as if roster strength has nothing to do with it.
    I was aiming my comment at you, so that’s what I thought I was doing?

My squads are perfectly capable of winning fights. It's just that some people immediately get into how I must not know what I'm doing because I never pick the right disks. It's like they forget that this game mode runs purely on rng. No 2 players have the exact same selection to pick from. I have noticed a steep decline in viable disks and I know I'm not the only one who complains about this.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

True but sucks if you don't get them.
    I for example had really bad luck this last Conquest and I am not talking about colours. No amplify agony, only 1 grey thermal, no ability block. A lot of repeats and double or triple drops.
    If I get the same disk thrice to "choose" from and it is not a disk I want or need, I have to take it and it gathers dust in my inventory. And if I again find 2 of this disk at the next node, it really doesn't make it better.
    Now I don't want to get in the middle of this and we all know about these problems already, but what I can say is that there should be something done about the extreme RNG factor of choices and the versatility.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    There were more than one viable stack of discs this past conquest though. For instance, I found out that GAS worked pretty well with protection/health regen, even if you only ever found those.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    There were more than one viable stack of discs this past conquest though. For instance, I found out that GAS worked pretty well with protection/health regen, even if you only ever found those.

If you have GAS/or if you got those disks.
    There are people playing easy or normal mode and they don't have necessarily GAS. I'm sure some in hard mode don't have him aswell.
    There have to be some things that need to consider those players and modes. Not everything works with everything and if you have to face such a big RNG factor there is not always a way to make it work.
    But that's actually totally besides the point. The point is, double or triple disks on the same nodes need to go and maybe a bit more control over the versatility. Like I said before, if you have 3 nodes in a row offering the same disks you can't really use, it's too much RNG.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Data disks are very important to overcome these mods, and certainly can be difficult for smaller rosters to make use of. With the same conquest I completed sector 5 (normal) on my first run but subsequent runs with poor RNG on data disks got me stuck at the sector 4 boss (lord Vader) and I had a slightly more levelled roster with the same toons available.

I have made it through an entire conquest with not seeing ZA, or ‘relevant’ data disks to my ‘limited roster’. But conquest is designed to challenge roster depth. So arguably that’s an intended handicap, and we should be able to use squads the available data disks work for.

I think getting stuck at sector 2 with over-prepared is bad, there’s not much chance to compile the correct data disks. I think I would try a few attempts and if I did not have alternative squads with a better chance go for the other route, if it’s on a branch that’s unfortunate (and also where conquest can be frustrating with the level of RNG to player experience as it appears opponents have an element of RNG too).

To help out of this situation sometimes you could wait for stamina regen to 100%, use the consumables you pick up from the progress rewards to improve survivability or block them. Or purchase with tickets / crystals. Not ideal as that’s not what you will want to spend tickets and crystals on or where you want to use up consumables but refreshing and waiting for a good RNG run could be more costly and more frustrating. It allows you past a block and hopefully get better data disks.

I wish these consumables carry over so if you have a good conquest with good data disk you can stock up left overs for the next conquest.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Data disks should also get carried and dont get erased at the end of conquest. There's no point to lose all each time conquest end.