ImaSmakya wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    12thParsec wrote: »
    Funny cause I beat him with SEE last set 🤷‍♂️

Must of been a very poorly modded kenobi

Or you just need to practice?

Yeah Ahnald totally needs to practice too. Having both SEE since day 1, getting top arena, tw on thhe highest/oldest shards, multiple friends to organise specific tests, having been a beta tester, etc and yet, he couldnt kill jmk with see the last 2 times.
    Obviously thr issue is him not practicing.

Ahnold isn't good, he's just loud.

Always entertaining when someone with 8 mil GP sitting somewhere near the bottom of k3 says someone sitting in top 15 overall isn’t good. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He just says what everyone else says, but louder and with better production values.

And that makes him a bad player?
    He is clearly much better then you are and I fail to see the point in saying someone is bad at the game simply because you apparently don’t like him.
    He has a better roster and since that ensures that the two of them will never be matched that is all we can say for sure.

There are good players scattered throughout the leagues. Being at the top of Kyber 1 is a much a matter of time/money invested as it is of skill.

I’m not disputing that, but that’s just the way this game and many others work as you guys keep pointing out.

But someone with 8 mil GP sitting down in k3 playing against 5.5 mil GP accounts calling someone bad at the game, someone who’s sitting at the top of k1 playing against players who are actually at his level and managing to stay in the top 20 seems a bit silly.

You like to look at my GP--look at my roster, you'll see why I'm in K3. I don't hide it. I built my roster on rock and roll the way I did because that's the way I wanted to build it. I unlock a character, bring it to 85, equip mods, max out their abilities, and press "Upgrade" until it stops working, then equip whatever gear is left on them. This gives me an enormously inflated GP--doubly so, since I like and care about ships, so my pilots are pulling double duty in the GP-department.

I know I would be "better" if I min-maxed my roster and horded gear and didn't invest in non-meta teams, but then I'd be doing exactly what everyone else is doing, which gets to the heart of my earlier criticism: He's only saying what everyone else is saying and the only thing he adds is clickbait titles like "I WAS BANNED FOR THIS" or whatever the fudge.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

There’s no such thing as practice in SWGOH lol

Huh cause running the same battles in arena everyday sure feels like practice... Facing teams in TW/GA over and over feels like practice. Talking with guild members and watching videos to get some ideas of how battles can go helps. Maybe you need to try playing the game instead of complaining about it.

To me practice is being able to test without consequences. I can’t afford to test things out in any game mode because you lose recourses if you do. CG needs to implement an actual practice mode. And arena does not have 3v3 so currently not valid. And I am playing the game lol why would I have even started this conversation if I wasn’t playing the game lol

Maybe take a step back: this is a mobile game. No consequences within the game are real or unaffordable.

I'm willing to bet that even if CG were to implement a practice/sandbox mode, it wouldn't be free to play. You'd need to pay some kind of currency, if not straight crystals, for practicing. Other than the ability to customize your battles, there wouldn't be much difference, consequence wise, than trying it out in GAC.

If I could customize my battles I would be glad to pay crystals. I honestly would play more of practice mode than actual real pvp modes
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Unless you have all the top toons & ships including the latest shiney things and top notch mods there will always be something you struggle to beat.

Should CG nerf GAS because.someone cannot beat him? How about JKR? Geos? Phoenix squad? Where does it end?

I have almost every character in the game and have many times in arena tried to come up with different teams that don’t use JMK. The only team that comes close is LV be even he is not really a stable counter to JMK at least for me.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    After reading the whole conversation, I came to the unavoidable conclusion...

"AhnaldT needs a nerf".. LOL
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Internet needs a nerf. I’ve seen more defensive insults in this thread than TV, Hollywood, and World’s Best Short Stories combined.
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    798 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Internet needs a nerf. I’ve seen more defensive insults in this thread than TV, Hollywood, and World’s Best Short Stories combined.

Let's start a petition for adding a practice mode for the Internet. Change.org, let's go!
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    Let's just nerf everything. No seriously, start from scratch. Same characters but perfectly balanced this time. Everyone will be happy because everything can be beaten and whales will be happy because they can throw thousands of dollars at CG.
  • Options
    JML with jkl and hoda has worked every match for me
  • Whatelse73
    2185 posts Member
    Options
    JMK doesn't need a nerf, the other "Galactic Legends" Need a buff so their AI is as functional and deeply written as his. His team seems to often know the priority characters for a team, is written to do his ultimate early if facing a JML team so his team can get around JML's taunt, is the top GL and the others are neglected.

The rest of the GL's just seem to have the Galactic Legend label for marketing purposes since there are so many teams that can beat the rest of them.
  • Options

This or the SLKR/NS counter work. I learned this the hard way the first week. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen him on defense. Rey, yes, SLKR, occasionally. SEE & JMK, never.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

This or the SLKR/NS counter work. I learned this the hard way the first week. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen him on defense. Rey, yes, SLKR, occasionally. SEE & JMK, never.

See rarely gets put on defense because of numerous offense options it gives and easy counterability. Though jmk frequently gets placed there:
    e82cgpo4q8ca.png
    x6bfhreykbtk.png
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

See rarely gets put on defense because of numerous offense options it gives and easy counterability. Though jmk frequently gets placed there:
    e82cgpo4q8ca.png
    x6bfhreykbtk.png

Yep, JMK gets used frequently. Depending on what the opponent has, it can be a devastating roadblock.
  • Options
    He gets his ulti way too easily so that imo could be toned down or at least on def make him less likely to use it at 50%.

His ulti and JML's are not too dissimilar but JML takes what feels like an eternity to get to in 3v3 whereas JMK has ulti up, a damage immune CAT and a force leap ready to go all within first few turns.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yeah Ahnald totally needs to practice too. Having both SEE since day 1, getting top arena, tw on thhe highest/oldest shards, multiple friends to organise specific tests, having been a beta tester, etc and yet, he couldnt kill jmk with see the last 2 times.

Always entertaining when someone with 8 mil GP sitting somewhere near the bottom of k3 says someone sitting in top 15 overall isn’t good. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He just says what everyone else says, but louder and with better production values.

He is clearly much better then you are and I fail to see the point in saying someone is bad at the game simply because you apparently don’t like him.
    He has a better roster and since that ensures that the two of them will never be matched that is all we can say for sure.

There are good players scattered throughout the leagues. Being at the top of Kyber 1 is a much a matter of time/money invested as it is of skill.

I’m not disputing that, but that’s just the way this game and many others work as you guys keep pointing out.

But someone with 8 mil GP sitting down in k3 playing against 5.5 mil GP accounts calling someone bad at the game, someone who’s sitting at the top of k1 playing against players who are actually at his level and managing to stay in the top 20 seems a bit silly.

I think what people mean is that if ahnald had to play with the same time/money constraints that most of us do, he would not be particularly successful based on his skill alone.

Except that he has a free to play account and you can see for yourself if your statement is true.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I think what people mean is that if ahnald had to play with the same time/money constraints that most of us do, he would not be particularly successful based on his skill alone.

Except that he has a free to play account and you can see for yourself if your statement is true.

Not going to to bother, because I don't care, personally.

I've watched bits of him and find him incredibly grating and annoying. Even if he was good, it could never outweigh the cringe I feel.
  • Options
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

The greatest game mode ever.
  • Options

How exactly? As soon as JMK gets ulti CAT kills someone. I watch videos where CAT force leaps JML before JMK uses ulti but this never happens for me.
  • Options
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

You mean the mode a majority of the player base hates and it shows in the numbers on .gg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

You mean the mode a majority of the player base hates and it shows in the numbers on .gg

(The majority of players aren’t on gg.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

It's a credible sample though. Especially, for the established players.
  • Options
    Kaotiken wrote: »

How exactly? As soon as JMK gets ulti CAT kills someone. I watch videos where CAT force leaps JML before JMK uses ulti but this never happens for me.

Works for me too. With all Jedi, JML is taunting. CAT doesn't kill him with her early force leap, just takes away a bit of protection. And if JML doesn't win, you can usually eliminates the other 2 so JMK is on his own and can be 2-shot.
  • Options
    Kaotiken wrote: »

Focus down on cat. Should be able to keep stunned/ability blocked.
  • Andyjd93
    34 posts Member
    Options

"Must of been a very poorly modded kenobi"

I beat R8 and 9 JMKs all day long with my SEE. Has nothing to do with how JMK is modded but how well your SEE is modded. Slow and with 200k health. In 3v3 you just need GBA and armorer.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

Except the point that .gg scan ALL the accounts that are able to join GAC even if these accounts aren't registered on .gg
  • 12thParsec
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Todays GAC I used 2 GLs for JMK and not one of his team died. Mace windu came into yellow and JMK healed him not only to full health and protection but also bonus protection to where I could not crit. I don’t even come close to JMK battles. I used SEE and my geo brute for some reason decided to stop taunting as soon as he was revived. JMK is to OP in 3v3. You need a 5 man team to take him out. I have millions of GP worth of characters in my roster and none of them can do a single thing to one character. CG quit making teams that are practically unbeatable.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Todays GAC I used 2 GLs for JMK and not one of his team died. Mace windu came into yellow and JMK healed him not only to full health and protection but also bonus protection to where I could not crit. I don’t even come close to JMK battles. I used SEE and my geo brute for some reason decided to stop taunting as soon as he was revived. JMK is to OP in 3v3. You need a 5 man team to take him out. I have millions of GP worth of characters in my roster and none of them can do a single thing to one character. CG quit making teams that are practically unbeatable.

They are -practically- beatable though as the swgoh.gg stats is a testimony of. The success rate of see counter to jmk is %85ish in both 3v3 and 5v5. The success rate for see suddenly falls to %50ish with the mace windu compo in 3v3. Besides mods, that's possibly where your problem is. I do the slkr+ns counter without fail all the time so never had to do it with see.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that you are incapable of beating something does not make it unbeatable.
  • Options
    To the OP - What’s 3v3?
    Lol

I’m confused…

You say the majority of the player base hates 3v3, yet, when I checked swgoh.gg after 3/4 of the current 3v3 GAC I found the following figures…

Recorded battles for 12 rounds of 5v5: 537,948
    Recorded battles for 9 rounds of 3v3: 486,123

If we extrapolate for the full 12 rounds of 3v3, we get: 648,164

Wait a minute though - there are more 3v3 battles per board than 5v5. How many more? 15-11, at Kyber 1. Not sure about other divisions.

So if we multiply the 3v3 extrapolated total by 11/15 we get: 475,320

I can handle you claiming 3v3 is less popular, or sees lower engagement than 5v5, even though either claim is flawed given that there is almost no incentive to carry on attacking once the outcome of a round is decided… but for you to claim that the majority of the player base hates 3v3 based on swgoh.gg numbers is ludicrous.