Dark Magick modifier

Prev1
Kingfish
10 posts Member
edited May 2022
Okay developers or designers, whoever came up with the modifier of Dark Magick, must have said to themselves, "how can we bore all the players to death and make a consistently playing 15 minute time frame to never actually allow a win even with a serious overpowered squad, that would be super fun for the players to spend 15 minutes trying to get everything done in 10 turns."

I'm sorry but this has got to be the **** addition to the game ever! I mean seriously why was this considered a good and fun modifier!?

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Zaph0dd
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Wait for it to get added to conquest next time
  • Options
    Kingfish wrote: »
    Okay developers or designers, whoever came up with the modifier of Dark Magick, must have said to themselves, "how can we bore all the players to death and make a consistently playing 15 minute time frame to never actually allow a win even with a serious overpowered squad, that would be super fun for the players to spend 15 minutes trying to get everything done in 10 turns."

I'm sorry but this has got to be the **** addition to the game ever! I mean seriously why was this considered a good and fun modifier!?

I don’t know anyone that thinks it’s a good or fun modifier. It’s garbage.
  • Options
    I don't think GCs are meant to be fun. They're meant to make you rage spend I think.
  • Options
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Wait for it to get added to conquest next time

DO NOT GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!
  • 12thParsec
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Especially every time you kill someone you give them 50% offense. The clone modifier is garbage as well since no one except I think arc trooper gives a non dispellable buff
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    They can’t make good content so this is what we are left with. Yaaay! Lean to make a game! Can’t wait to see how you guys butcher LOTR. More rng, ya no thx.
  • Seighz
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Dark magic + sion revival = less fun
  • Options
    It's a crap event, so RNG dependent, it's not even fun. I would ask if they even tested it, but we all know the answer is no.
  • Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    Especially every time you kill someone you give them 50% offense. The clone modifier is garbage as well since no one except I think arc trooper gives a non dispellable buff

You've read that wrong. It's a buff that can be dispelled. The modifier is mostly for bad batch, as other clones gain hardly any buffs by comparison.
  • Whatelse73
    2181 posts Member
    Options
    It's a crap event, so RNG dependent, it's not even fun. I would ask if they even tested it, but we all know the answer is no.

They don't have beta testers anymore, so even more accurate at this point.
  • Options
    Between the last two challenges it's quite apparent that CG really doesn't care about their player base. All of us that have played this game for awhile already knew this was true but this is just ridiculous. My r5-7 clones can't beat Tier 4 of this Galactic Challenge. I'm so beyond sick of CG and their bull****
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

They don't have beta testers anymore, so even more accurate at this point.

Alpha testing is done by testers and quality analysts inside the organization whereas Beta testing is done by real users who will be actually using the software. Alpha testing takes longer duration to complete execution while Beta testing gets completed within a few weeks.

So they don't have any Alpha testers either.........................................

• dreedvol
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I love how upper level relics on BB team still mean RNG garbage fest for these galactic challenges. Glad CG is really good at persuading us to gear up all these teams for their amazing utility in these well fashioned events.
  • sledge7088
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    This event is way too random. Everyone in my guild is complaining about it. I tried using relic 4 to 5 clones vs the G11 opponents thinking i could handle that one,but no i got destroyed. It should be a puzzle we need to figure out not a rng fest. This is not fun at all.please make the challenges fun.
  • Options
    They are busy fixing and testing there latest GL so it doesn’t get beaten by bounty hunters in 3v3 or 5v5. Oh wait.
  • Options
    For everyone saying they can't beat Tier 4 with clones at high relic levels, I have Rex lead Fives Clone Echo and ARC at R3 and clone sergeant at G11, and have completed it . Tier 5 no chance but it is possible at T4
  • Options
    Considering the galactic challenges aren't on the calendar, does anyone else think that they stuffed up by having sith opponents on dathomir instead of nightsisters?
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    The combo of the sith modifier giving them stacking health and reviving makes this one unpleasant.
    I used GAS 501st to clear the tier X stage easily (no revives with GAS lead) but I'm unlikely to bother doing it with full clones.
  • Options
    Considering the galactic challenges aren't on the calendar, does anyone else think that they stuffed up by having sith opponents on dathomir instead of nightsisters?

No I don't think they messed up, I thought the whole reason for the new tool they developed was to make it easier for them to mix up the modifiers and teams in GC, so we had a bit of variety/challenge. I'm not saying that this particular mix of feats, planet, player and opponent mods isn't a pain in the rear but I thought this was how they wanted GCs to be.
    And surely Sith on Dathomir is ok, Count Dooku was there and it was all orchestrated by Darth Sidious.
    I like the fact that on some GCs I have to think about what teams to use, even using some real oddball teams to get the feats, too much of the game is press a button/auto that its nice to see a challenge from time to time. Even if this one is a right royal pain
  • Options
    Even the last GC with Inquisitorius wasn't this bad... At least with DR lead I can remove the leader permanently with death mark but Darth Nihilus execute doesn't stop revives...

BF, JF and Mando Permanent Kills stop revives...

Clone Troopers are useless unless R5 and above
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    Even the last GC with Inquisitorius wasn't this bad... At least with DR lead I can remove the leader permanently with death mark but Darth Nihilus execute doesn't stop revives...

DN does stop revives. Just in case you haven’t tried it.
  • Natetiffer
    291 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

DN does stop revives. Just in case you haven’t tried it.

I tried this morning and he didn't, I might try again and capture it to be sure, in case she died some other way, I used DN on Traya and she just came back after the 10 count...

Update
    I tried again, this time it worked so what happened this morning is either I was mistaken or a glitch... Thank you for the update @AhnaldisGOAT

After watching episode 8 Mando Season 2 I think it's time we had a Dark Saber Mando...
    This is the Way
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    yguqykg4hzn0.jpeg

This team got me red crate. And about 3 hours of cursing.
  • Options
    What about reviving after isolate?
    This is the Way
  • Options

Yeah, what about? Isolate never prevented revives.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Gas 501 work to stop revives as well
  • Magruffin
    795 posts Member
    Options
    The only team I've had success with at higher teirs is DR lead, Badstilla, Malak and WAT. Throw weapon tech on Dr (prevents revives) and go to town. Great for getting short handed victory.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

Yeah, what about? Isolate never prevented revives.

It does when Traya uses it in the Sith Triumvirate raid, so people somtimes think it does elsewhere.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't get the red box, but I got the 2 Omicrons so that's all I need.

The feats were easy. Beat it with a relic 1 GAS and three 501st. Dark Magik was an interesting choice, and I think if I had my Bad Batch Echo at more than g8 I could have gotten gold or red. As it stands, my strategy was to keep Sion dead so he couldn't get the taunt, then chip away at everyone else until they were in red/yellow health. Then Clone Sgt's AoE while he had Offense Up, then burn Sion down before the timer counted down.

Cody lead, Rex, ARC, 5s, Sgt.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.