Title update content?

Prev13
madhader
72 posts Member
With so much being shuffled around due to a title update, I feel like I’ve missed somewhere what this is supposed to include? Do we know what the title update content and changes are and why so much is being shuffled around because of it? Sorry if I’m just blind on this.

Replies

• Options
    madhader wrote: »
    With so much being shuffled around due to a title update, I feel like I’ve missed somewhere what this is supposed to include? Do we know what the title update content and changes are and why so much is being shuffled around because of it? Sorry if I’m just blind on this.

The speculation is it'll contain the Data Datacrons that were leaked.

But nothing definitive has been said.

We won't know until it is released.
  • Options

Considering the complete lack of communication (sorry, one post a week) that we've had since Doja left and Crumb went on paternity leave, were you really expecting any communication whatsoever?
  • Options

Considering the complete lack of communication (sorry, one post a week) that we've had since Doja left and Crumb went on paternity leave, were you really expecting any communication whatsoever?

I'm sure meathead has done what he could. He's been active and trying to engage with the community - at least as much as he's able to. They don't really let the CMs give out any meaningful information except in small doses and usually when an update or change is imminent, with a few exceptions. This isn't really new - not that I love their MO, but Doja being gone and Crumb being on leave hasn't really affected how much information that we're getting.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I don't know, with all that has been going on, it sure feels as if not one of the issues gets actually commented on by CG. It sure feels as if the communication has reached an all time low.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Isn't like communication before was any good compared with now, from what I see it's exactly the same cadence on communication
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    Moving GAC and TW schedules all but confirms datacrons.
  • Dianora
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know, with all that has been going on, it sure feels as if not one of the issues gets actually commented on by CG. It sure feels as if the communication has reached an all time low.

I'm not going to speculate on the "whys" but communication and quality of life have taken a huge dive since last September's "State of the Gearlaxy". Meathead's been doing okay but thte total radio silence after the last-minute GP requirement on Proving Grounds and the Conquest delay have been especially disappointing.
  • Options
    Dianora wrote: »

I'm not going to speculate on the "whys" but communication and quality of life have taken a huge dive since last September's "State of the Gearlaxy". Meathead's been doing okay but thte total radio silence after the last-minute GP requirement on Proving Grounds and the Conquest delay have been especially disappointing.

Meathead has been horrible. I've been trying to get him to reply to a simple question for a month and not a peep for something that would take 30 seconds. I'm sorry, I don't like to put anyone down but cmon it's your job to manage us, not avoid us. You are getting paid to do it
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Sorry but we Have a very different POV of what means okay. He avoid a lot of posts, a lot of issues, still not a single word about the bugged challenges on a row as an easy example.
  • Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »

Meathead has been horrible. I've been trying to get him to reply to a simple question for a month and not a peep for something that would take 30 seconds. I'm sorry, I don't like to put anyone down but cmon it's your job to manage us, not avoid us. You are getting paid to do it

He's a CM from a different game under the EA umbrella, not a part of CG. Consider yourselves lucky you get updates and patch notes at all. Better than even chance the PMs have no idea why they're not getting random questions from Starburns.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options

He's a CM from a different game under the EA umbrella, not a part of CG. Consider yourselves lucky you get updates and patch notes at all. Better than even chance the PMs have no idea why they're not getting random questions from Starburns.

Yeah, people should consider "lucky" for having on this app something that already happens on a 99'99% of apps designed for phones.... Updates and patch notes aren't something uncommon.
  • JackedJedi
    110 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

He has CG in his name 🤓

Besides, whether you think someone is doing good or bad, the fact remains that there's been total silence on a lot of issues. They were extremely fast to fix an issue with Proving Grounds giving us extra shards but refuse to answer players who are missing owed crystals or adding the last second 4m GP requirement without ever explaining why.

Why should we be lucky to receive updates? Every single game provides updates, actually, it's common in almost all apps.
  • Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »

He has CG in his name 🤓

Besides, whether you think someone is doing good or bad, the fact remains that there's been total silence on a lot of issues. They were extremely fast to fix an issue with Proving Grounds giving us extra shards but refuse to answer players who are missing owed crystals or adding the last second 4m GP requirement without ever explaining why.

Why should we be lucky to receive updates? Every single game provides updates, actually, it's common in almost all apps.

There's ALWAYS silence. How is this a new thing since Meathead has been here?

I get that it's frustrating but can we stop pretending that CG is doing something different now than they were 6 months ago, or a year ago, or two years ago?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    Options
    That does not make the communication great, does it?
  • Options
    On the topic of this post, the change in schedules to accommodate the title update either means 1) Datacrons, since they effect GAC and TW, or 2) Avoid having to shut down these modes and compensate the players due to potential bugs. Since they've never moved it for reason 2 in the past, my non-spending (because I'd never put money near this game now) is on Datacrons. Hope they don't ruin the game.
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Say what you will about the lack of communication, and there is a lot to be said.

They do normally give some heads up for new stuff, GLs, GI, proving grounds, GAC changes, etc…

So not giving a heads up what this title change includes is suspect. They probably already know there will be a lot of backlash.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Besides datacrons they will announce and hype a new gl.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Byrdka wrote: »
    Say what you will about the lack of communication, and there is a lot to be said.

They do normally give some heads up for new stuff, GLs, GI, proving grounds, GAC changes, etc…

So not giving a heads up what this title change includes is suspect. They probably already know there will be a lot of backlash.

Then they should get ahead of it. Proving grounds has caused so much unnecessary backlash, better communication and proper planning would have improved release so much more. From what I observed on someone else’s account, it’s a good event for it’s purpose and yet there are two complaint issues which is due to how it’s been released. It’s a shame really.

• Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

That’ll be the road ahead.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

That’ll be the road ahead.

Which is probably going to be releasing alongside the update patch notes, considering I believe both are supposedly scheduled for June from what I remember off the top of my head.

And, yeah, it's been close to a year now without a GL - Seems about time. Considering the current scheduling for GLs from announcement to release would put it around the same release window as JMK/LV.
    I just hope they're fun to use, whoever they choose. As strong as JMK is, his actual play really just feels like a "GL-tier standard leader", not something really interesting and different like most, if not all, of the other GLs are. I don't want "JKR on steroids", I want something fun and different like Rey's super bulk team or SEE's "90% of the team's strength is in one character" type of feels.
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    Options
    All major heroes of Star Wars films have been made GL or are released as epics/legendaries. So it can only be a GL of minor importance like Jabba or a Leia version ... using stuff from games or comics is possible, but Lucasart will object (with good reasoning...).
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Enas007 wrote: »
    All major heroes of Star Wars films have been made GL or are released as epics/legendaries. So it can only be a GL of minor importance like Jabba or a Leia version ... using stuff from games or comics is possible, but Lucasart will object (with good reasoning...).

Jabba as a gl? conquest at best, wat-Esque toon
  • Options

You....you.....you called Leia a minor importance?
  • TekkarEdorf
    670 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    bap1234 wrote: »

Jabba as a gl? conquest at best, wat-Esque toon

I agree, I dont feel Jabba as GL worthy
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Because... LucasFilm objected to all the other legends characters coming to the game? 🤣 It's not like this game is considered "Canon", and besides, they've been slowly introducing legends back into the canon, so anything is possible.
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of title update, if it’s happening tomorrow (the 8th) I would thought the app update would be out by now.
  • Options
    Speaking of title update, if it’s happening tomorrow (the 8th) I would thought the app update would be out by now.

No, they'll do it on the 15th to make sure there are extra bugs for conquest.
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if @CG_Tusken_Meathead is actually a community manager. Because he barely talks to the community. Nothing like Doja.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if @CG_Tusken_Meathead is actually a community manager. Because he barely talks to the community. Nothing like Doja.

he's off today but he's very active in discord