Title update content?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Wasn't the last Road Ahead predominantly a recap of the few weeks preceding it?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, felt like they turned around and looked at the road from the wrong way. If they had called that post a "state of the galaxy" it would have been more accurate.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, this one probably will be too.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I think we just need to come to terms with the fact that they have no interest in telling us what’s coming, it obviously hasn’t shown any impact on revenue, so it serves no purpose.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is yesterday was supposed to be the title update but they found issues and scaled it back. Only way the timing of the cleared out events makes sense.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

I think we just need to come to terms with the fact that they have no interest in telling us what’s coming, it obviously hasn’t shown any impact on revenue, so it serves no purpose.

Well we asked them to stop lying to us. So they stopped it.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if @CG_Tusken_Meathead is actually a community manager. Because he barely talks to the community. Nothing like Doja.

he's off today but he's very active in discord

Why discord and not here? Is this not the official forum?

He talks about food or other non-game related stuff on discord, if you want to talk about bagels in Off-Topic sub forum, go ahead, he’ll show up i’m sure

So the lack of communication is intended. They have plenty of time to communicate, but they intentionally keep us in the dark. Good to know.

Plenty of communicate like what?

They must have created the idea of datacrons quite a while ago. They have been working on it for weeks or months. They had a testing group to fine tune the concept. There was even a leak about it.

So why do they wait with a Road ahead until the update is (almost) live and the fact, that they implement it into the game has already been datamined? Isn't the idea of a road ahead to tell us what to expect to come in the near future?
    We are getting a RA this month, so they might touch on datacrons, so what's the issue?

Because things change, and maybe datacrons won't come in the next 3 months, but they are already putting the code for it

We datamined Arcade mode Raids but that never went live ever

They will talk about Datacrons when they are ready to talk about it, remember when they talked about working on a new raid with Fleet involved and then they canned it?

Remember relic abilities and then they canned it?

Why talk about things you are working on if they never get released? Why communicate stuff we won't get

They'll talk about datacrons when they are ready to talk about it (probably in RA this month), just be patient
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if @CG_Tusken_Meathead is actually a community manager. Because he barely talks to the community. Nothing like Doja.

He talks about food or other non-game related stuff on discord, if you want to talk about bagels in Off-Topic sub forum, go ahead, he’ll show up i’m sure

So the lack of communication is intended. They have plenty of time to communicate, but they intentionally keep us in the dark. Good to know.

They must have created the idea of datacrons quite a while ago. They have been working on it for weeks or months. They had a testing group to fine tune the concept. There was even a leak about it.

So why do they wait with a Road ahead until the update is (almost) live and the fact, that they implement it into the game has already been datamined? Isn't the idea of a road ahead to tell us what to expect to come in the near future?
    We are getting a RA this month, so they might touch on datacrons, so what's the issue?

Because things change, and maybe datacrons won't come in the next 3 months, but they are already putting the code for it

They will talk about Datacrons when they are ready to talk about it, remember when they talked about working on a new raid with Fleet involved and then they canned it?

Why talk about things you are working on if they never get released? Why communicate stuff we won't get

They'll talk about datacrons when they are ready to talk about it (probably in RA this month), just be patient

Thanks for your reply.

Can't remember any of these examples. Without the leak we would have no idea what datacrons could be. Even with it we don't know how much of that concept has survived. However I know people in my guild who are thinking of retiring from the game and if they dislike datacrons it will put the final nail in the coffin. I think some communication in advanced could help to digest these change bit by bit.
    You are right, maybe they will do that and will introduce this new concept not all at once and are just preparing code in advance. However they could avoid anxiety if they told us before the code became datamineable. I remember the devs telling us that these strange mod slicing materials were just placeholder and there was no plan of using them in the game. Or when Relic 9 appeared on Crumb's screenshot, he told us that Relic 9 would not make it into the game anytime soon.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    From the beta test leak, even CG aren't sure what datacrons are going to be like (at the time of the leak)
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    As example we could get the requeriment of 4M GP gate on proving grounds at first
    announcement and not a hidden surprise.

We also got talked about gear changes that are evident it doesn't come and Devs aren't working on it.
    Also they communicate Years Ago about measures about cheaters, and that seems a not planned work Years After.

They talked about simming hstr despite not Being simmable up to date

And those are easy examples and show one of the very wrong approaches of this company to the customers
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

So a game company pays a guy to chat about food? Amazing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

Can't remember any of these examples. Without the leak we would have no idea what datacrons could be. Even with it we don't know how much of that concept has survived. However I know people in my guild who are thinking of retiring from the game and if they dislike datacrons it will put the final nail in the coffin. I think some communication in advanced could help to digest these change bit by bit.
    You are right, maybe they will do that and will introduce this new concept not all at once and are just preparing code in advance. However they could avoid anxiety if they told us before the code became datamineable. I remember the devs telling us that these strange mod slicing materials were just placeholder and there was no plan of using them in the game. Or when Relic 9 appeared on Crumb's screenshot, he told us that Relic 9 would not make it into the game anytime soon.

They don't want to deny it unlike your examples then. Make of it what you will.

To me this probably means datacrons will actually happen in one shape or another. Or that it may not immediately happen, but they are not ready to dump the idea either.
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Basically a Title upddate with none of the many things being promised in the past.