Ahnald's Latest Video

Prev1
telboy007
74 posts Member
edited June 2022
I assume Ultra is going to come along and delete this and warn me, but hey... I would definitely give it a watch. CG don't seem to care that our accounts can be hacked into and deleted.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    telboy007 wrote: »
    I assume Ultra is going to come along and delete this and warn me, but hey... I would definitely give it a watch. CG don't seem to care that our accounts can be hacked into and deleted.

Maybe don't spam and Ultra won't close your threads. Also maybe don't use weak facebook accounts to get into GOH and then you won't get your game deleted.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Maybe don't spam and Ultra won't close your threads. Also maybe don't use weak facebook accounts to get into GOH and then you won't get your game deleted.

Then maybe CG shouldn't have the option to use a FB if it is weak and they know it can be hacked. Or they could make it more secure. Just a thought.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Then maybe CG shouldn't have the option to use a FB if it is weak and they know it can be hacked. Or they could make it more secure. Just a thought.

Then maybe the user should have enabled 2FA in Facebook to prevent it from being hacked in the first place. Just a thought.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

Then maybe the user should have enabled 2FA in Facebook to prevent it from being hacked in the first place. Just a thought.

Sure it's always the user's fault and everyone is supposed to be an expert and not in the hands of the actual company that provides a game to make it secure. Especially when they know about security problems.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Sure it's always the user's fault and everyone is supposed to be an expert and not in the hands of the actual company that provides a game to make it secure. Especially when they know about security problems.

You can't blame CG for a user that created a throwaway facebook account with an easy to guess password or reset questions. it's 2022, you don't need to be a security expert to know these things.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Also, as I said when the guy posted here, an account which is still in use isn't deleted. Stolen maybe.
  • Andyjd93
    34 posts Member
    Options
    I spend a fair amount in game, $30 a month maybe. Why should I give CG any more money if my "investment" is at risk? I understand it's unlikely but they also dont seem to care about it anyway.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

You can't blame CG for a user that created a throwaway facebook account with an easy to guess password or reset questions. it's 2022, you don't need to be a security expert to know these things.

Ah yes, and you know for a fact that every account that got hacked was a throwaway with an easy to guess password. Sure.
    As you said. It's 2022 and many people have FB accounts they use on a regular basis and you also know what strong passwords are.

The hacks that happen on FB have nothing to do with how good your PW is. They have their methods to crack even very strong passwords.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Ah yes, and you know for a fact that every account that got hacked was a throwaway with an easy to guess password. Sure.
    As you said. It's 2022 and many people have FB accounts they use on a regular basis and you also know what strong passwords are.

The hacks that happen on FB have nothing to do with how good your PW is. They have their methods to crack even very strong passwords.

I know that this one was a throwaway by reading his reddit thread.

And if we know that facebook isn't secure, we probably shouldn't be using it to link to accounts we care about. None of this is on CG.

I know the fashionable thing to do here is trash CG (I partake often enough) but you can't blame everything that goes wrong on CG.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Options
    I got so wrapped up setting my TW defenses last night that I forgot to lock my front door and someone broke in and stole my TV. Absolutely DISCUSTING that CG allowed this to happen.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

And if we know that facebook isn't secure, we probably shouldn't be using it to link to accounts we care about. None of this is on CG.

I know the fashionable thing to do here is trash CG (I partake often enough) but you can't blame everything that goes wrong on CG.

You see there is the difference. I don't look for someone to blame. I am not in Kindergarten.
    I say it as I see it. As a provider of a game(or any other Service that may contain sensible data, for example Credit Card or banking details) it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of people's accounts and their sensitive data and make your game as secure as possible against hacking.
    If there are known issues with certain things, it is on you to fix them or not to use these things as to ensure your customer's safety. And not to expect customers to know about those issues, especially if you did not warn your customers about these known issues.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

You see there is the difference. I don't look for someone to blame. I am not in Kindergarten.
    I say it as I see it. As a provider of a game(or any other Service that may contain sensible data, for example Credit Card or banking details) it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of people's accounts and their sensitive data and make your game as secure as possible against hacking.
    If there are known issues with certain things, it is on you to fix them or not to use these things as to ensure your customer's safety. And not to expect customers to know about those issues, especially if you did not warn your customers about these known issues.

"Not looking to blame anyone," and immediately blames CG.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    i havent seen ahnalds video yet but what I'm seeing here is that its a facebook issue? i thought the issue was the fact people can be randomly logged into your account when starting a new account, or something very close. like what has happened to ahnald in the past, and other players
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    lol
  • herd_nerfer
    1870 posts Member
    Options
    You can blame hacks on weak passwords, risky online behavior, or whatever - fine, it's the users fault they got hacked (they were asking for it amirite?)

It's still on CG to provide assistance to those people that fall victim to this. No one deserves to be ignored by a company that they do business with, especially considering the sums of money that some players sink into this game.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    edited June 2022
    Options

Are you going to complain to microsoft, apple, and google, and facebook, and instagram support too that anyone that knows your password can hack you?

That they all also support account deletions that a hacker than is able to use?
  • Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    I used to be a paid VIP to Ahnald's channel, but in the last 6 months he's gone 100% negative, and breathlessly reporting on every rumor he hears. I commented twice on his video today about how the Delete Account function is something Apple is requiring *all* app developers to implement by the end of June, but both comments got deleted. Why is that? Perhaps he's happy sowing negativity and despair with his disinformation.

To be honest, since the release of conquest and everything that followed, he’s not the only one that is negative, and I can certainly understand.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i havent seen ahnalds video yet but what I'm seeing here is that its a facebook issue? i thought the issue was the fact people can be randomly logged into your account when starting a new account, or something very close. like what has happened to ahnald in the past, and other players

The thread creator was complaining about account deletion feature in general, and wanted it gone

He was also requesting an account recovery but the account deletion, as the game states, makes it impossible for it to happen

he was also citing Ahnald's situation on why account deletion feature is bad, but Apple mandates account deletion, and so does Europe

And this post is just me saying from stuff I learned about from the deleted thread, research, talking to people that have knowledge on GDPR, and not through CG in case someone twists my words
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Today's issue is a facebook account linked to a GOH account was hacked and the "hacker" locked the user out of the GOH account. The other issue isn't exactly random, it's just how emulators interact with the guest account inside of GOH, and is super rare.
  • herd_nerfer
    1870 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Are you going to complain to microsoft, apple, and google, and facebook, and instagram support too that anyone that knows your password can hack you?

That's a false equivalency Ultra - no one pays thousands of dollars into an Instagram or Facebook account - those accounts are free and you don't lose years of time and/or monetary investment if your account gets hacked.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can blame hacks on weak passwords, risky online behavior, or whatever - fine, it's the users fault they got hacked (they were asking for it amirite?)

It's still on CG to provide assistance to those people that fall victim to this. No one deserves to be ignored by a company that they do business with, especially considering the sums of money that some players sink into this game.

I disagree

if my gmail gets hacked, i don't think its reasonable for Nike and Addidas to go to extra lengths to assist me with whatever i want to do with them as if I still have access to my gmail
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options

That's a false equivalency Ultra - no one pays thousands of dollars into an Instagram or Facebook account - those accounts are free and you don't lose years of time and/or monetary investment if your account gets hacked.

did whoever got his account deleted paid thousands of dollars?

And yes, you can sink thousands on a business account and still delete your account afaik
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options

Today's issue is a facebook account linked to a GOH account was hacked and the "hacker" locked the user out of the GOH account. The other issue isn't exactly random, it's just how emulators interact with the guest account inside of GOH, and is super rare.

/thread
  • herd_nerfer
    1870 posts Member
    Options

did whoever got his account deleted paid thousands of dollars?

And yes, you can sink thousands on a business account and still delete your account afaik

But those companies will also try to help you with recovery, especially if you've paid for services.

And to your previous post, Nike and Adidas have nothing to do with your Gmail account - not sure where you're trying to go with that.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes it does,

The stronger your password, the greater the time it takes for someone to crack your password

q0wgo89bah8r.png

Apple just announced in iOS 16 about transitioning to PassKeys, maybe that's the future
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

"Not looking to blame anyone," and immediately blames CG.

There is a difference between blaming and stating usual and required business practice.
  • Options

That's true in principle, but for most app developers, the best they can, should, and normally do, do, is to trust a well-known service, rather than trying to do it themselves. If you ask me to pick between FB's (or Google's or Apple's) sign-in service, and a similar service done in-house by CG, I'd pick FB, because they have more expertise and are more invested in doing a good job at security.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    Yes it does,

The stronger your password, the greater the time it takes for someone to crack your password

q0wgo89bah8r.png

Apple just announced in iOS 16 about transitioning to PassKeys, maybe that's the future

I never said that it is not harder. But hackers who specialise on cracking passwords know exactly how to do it, no matter how strong they are. So saying an account got hacked because it had an easy to guess password is false.