7443 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    BuyBitcoin wrote: »
    What kind of time investment is expected for datacrons?
    We are always concerned with the amount of time required in different game modes for both Players and Guild Leaders. We will be monitoring how this affects Players and will look into ways to alleviate issues.

This is a non-answer to the guild leaders/officers part. As mentioned by others, TW officers now have to deal with potentially hundreds of teams with different datacrons. It doesn't matter if you monitor how it affects players when the officers burn out and nobody wants to replace them.

Question: Was the workload that datacrons add for TW officers considered during the design process?

Saying both sides of a TW have to deal with this is a non-answer as well, it doesn't change the fact that it adds a huge workload.

It's not likely to be a lasting thing though. Once they're figured out, it'll just become part of the flow.

Datacrons are constantly going to be changing so you'll constantly have to learn about them. There's not going to be a flow.

You won't "constantly" have to learn about them. It's not like we get new bonuses every war. We'll only get new ones every 4-6 weeks, and you'll have time to experience them in GA the whole time.

Everyone will be bumping different stats on them so they'll be different from person to person. For tw multiply that by 50.

Oh, just like how 50 teams will have different modding every time?

Maybe you should go back and reread all the options the datacrons can roll. You seem to think they're all fairly uniform and they certainly will not be by any measure.

No I remember. Everything but speed, and at levels more similar to mod primaries than they are to secondaries. There are already different counters and strategies based on how various team makeups are modded (because of the stat differences). This doesn't change that.

Solid effort missing out on all those varying mechanics :joy: well done!

I didn't miss them, they weren't mentioned. The thread was specific to the stats.

None of the possible mechanics seem that outlandish as to screw with settled counters.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    We are always concerned with the amount of time required in different game modes for both Players and Guild Leaders. We will be monitoring how this affects Players and will look into ways to alleviate issues.

This is a non-answer to the guild leaders/officers part. As mentioned by others, TW officers now have to deal with potentially hundreds of teams with different datacrons. It doesn't matter if you monitor how it affects players when the officers burn out and nobody wants to replace them.

Question: Was the workload that datacrons add for TW officers considered during the design process?

Saying both sides of a TW have to deal with this is a non-answer as well, it doesn't change the fact that it adds a huge workload.

It's not likely to be a lasting thing though. Once they're figured out, it'll just become part of the flow.

Datacrons are constantly going to be changing so you'll constantly have to learn about them. There's not going to be a flow.

You won't "constantly" have to learn about them. It's not like we get new bonuses every war. We'll only get new ones every 4-6 weeks, and you'll have time to experience them in GA the whole time.

Everyone will be bumping different stats on them so they'll be different from person to person. For tw multiply that by 50.

Oh, just like how 50 teams will have different modding every time?

Maybe you should go back and reread all the options the datacrons can roll. You seem to think they're all fairly uniform and they certainly will not be by any measure.

No I remember. Everything but speed, and at levels more similar to mod primaries than they are to secondaries. There are already different counters and strategies based on how various team makeups are modded (because of the stat differences). This doesn't change that.

Solid effort missing out on all those varying mechanics :joy: well done!

In fairness, StarSon was challenging the "stats" argument in this particular post, not the "new powers".
  • Options
    Am I understanding this correctly…my free datacron is for inquisitors? Really?
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

If that is what you roll, yes. You're probably looking at the name, not the abilities. Each datacron set has a name/theme and this first set is:
    Set 1 Full info
    NAME: Treatise Inquisitorius
    Factions Specific Bonuses: Inquisitorius, Galactic Republic, Resistance
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

If that it what you roll, yes. But each datacron set has a name/theme and this first set is:
    Set 1 Full info
    NAME: Treatise Inquisitorius
    Factions Specific Bonuses: Inquisitorius, Galactic Republic, Resistance
    Okay, thanks. Confusing and unnecessary
  • Options
    1st Datacron, new a "gift" from CG, rolls for Inquisitorius.

Dismantled that immediately...

no, thank you..
  • Rebuc
    85 posts Member
    Options
    How exactly do we equip these? Is there a button on a squad screen or option some place where we can apply it to a team?? I may have skipped it reading through the wall of text on it all, but I don't remember seeing anything about how to actually equip these.
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    Options
    You can get 50-100% health steal on the first level of your datacron. up to 300% at last level. Is that a typo? Shouldn't it be 5-10% and then 30%? IDK, sounds like way too much for me.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    ToJ85 wrote: »
    You can get 50-100% health steal on the first level of your datacron. up to 300% at last level. Is that a typo? Shouldn't it be 5-10% and then 30%? IDK, sounds like way too much for me.

Ask @StarSon , he says they are just like mods and shouldn't change counters.
  • Options
    Rebuc wrote: »
    How exactly do we equip these? Is there a button on a squad screen or option some place where we can apply it to a team?? I may have skipped it reading through the wall of text on it all, but I don't remember seeing anything about how to actually equip these.

In tw and GAC, you put them in the ally slot when picking a squad
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

I think guilds will give up on TW or be casual about it (no planning just attack whatever) rather than accept the increase workload

Not a bad shift imo

Maybe CG can finally get rid of TW and create some new Guild PvP game mode instead
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable with rewards?
    You betcha!

So it's like mod farming but with Conquest energy and without simming ?

Yeah, I don't like that at all.

Simming isn't a good idea because you also have to complete conquest feats such as winning 14 times with Inquisitor faction etc

Sounds like you are getting materials while completing your feats after clearing Sector 5 which doesn't sound too bad and makes the grind of conquest after Sector 5 completion not as bad as it currently is (since we don't get any materials right now)

Fair point. If it's a node I can farm, as it depends on the team there.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it just means I'll fight the same battle even more than before because if I want to be efficient, I'll probably use my 3x50 refreshes everyday during the entire conquest to get as much datacron materiel as I can get. So Conquest will be even more of a chore than before.

Edit: if you want to make me spend my time and crystals for refreshes on Conquest, put the materials in every node and let me choose which node I want to farm, it will be less of a chore. Or even better, don't make bonus battles repeatables, or with materials associated to feats to make me fight the node several times with a different team.

You can always use the datacron nodes for the things like "win 40 battles with Old Republic," where after sector 1 there is no overlap with sector feats.

Datacrons can only be used in PvP game modes like TW or GAC, and eventually Squad Arena

Which has nothing to do with acquiring them.
  • Wanabe
    23 posts Member
    Options
    So I don’t want to use, spend money on or farm datacrons. Is there a way to opt out other then quitting the game?

Please let me know so I know how I can find enjoyment from this game I’ve spent a lot of time and money one.
  • Options
    Wanabe wrote: »
    So I don’t want to use, spend money on or farm datacrons. Is there a way to opt out other then quitting the game?

Please let me know so I know how I can find enjoyment from this game I’ve spent a lot of time and money one.

That's an easy one. Don't participate or at the very least, care about TW or GAC.
    These 'crons are just for those two game modes.
  • Options
    You don't have to use Datacrons, ever.

Your GAC opponents will be using them which will put you at a disadvantage, but you are not forced to use them in GAC or TW.

Just ignore the ones that drop and you'll be fine. As I said, you may drop GAC rounds to people who do invest in Datacrons that you would normally beat before Datacrons, but the game is set up with matchmaking based on your win/loss record. If you ignore datacrons, you'll still be pushed towards a level where you still have a 50/50 win rate, it's just that the level that occurs at will be lower for you than in the past.

It's pretty much the same as if you decided you hated one of the GLs and didn't want to use it. Sure, you don't ever have to get it, but someone with 6 GLs is at an advantage compared to someone with 5.

That's it. There are no more consequences than that. Play away and enjoy the parts of the game you like while ignoring the parts you don't.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Here are some issues i have detected
    1. Shard shop currency? Though this was supposed to it's own seperate economy??

z6yrtv1x4rdl.jpg

2. Are we back to when the game first started? Where I can't find the required pieces for these trash cons?

g12d5r6zb86k.jpg
  • Options
    I just have to say, CG I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. I expected better of you and you have done something without full realization of what that decision will effect.

You're giving something that is already "meta" even more power and game-breaking capability. GL's with datacrons AND omicrons are going to be ridiculous. How do you beat a team with both?

You also rely on "RNG" to an absurd amount based on what a player "rolls". (RSG lunchstream today gave a few different examples of what each player can get.)

When is CG going to be approved for regional accreditation so we can get our PhD's in "SWGOH-nomics"? The ability to understand all the intricate workings of datacrons and how they will effect teams, squads, characters, interact with omicrons, etc., is going to require a higher level degree.

You also expect us to increase substantially the amount of time we invest in the game by having to do these conflating and confusing datacrons.

At more than one point you had players testing and giving you input on stuff and now you don't even have that.

I feel like if your friends ran up and kicked a wasp nest, you'd do it too. Again, disappointed...
  • Options
    So I’m really trying to keep an open mind but this just feels like a huge swing and miss to me. In a couple of months, hopefully, I expect a large portion of the player base will not be “engaging” with datacrons. A large portion of the unengaged will be due to the relic requirements but a significant amount will be players with teams which could benefit choosing not to grind.
  • Options
    Datacrons had the opportunity to boost low level squads to make them viable instead of another relic gate, but were we really expecting anything different from CG?
  • furyousgeorge74
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    QUESTION: What is the order of operations with Datacrons. Do they apply before leadership ability? For example, I have a datacron that rolled +potency for first 2 rolls. If I apply that to a Boba Fett lead - does his lead count the adjusted potency to determine max health bonus? or just the base potency without the datacron?
    2nd question: The DS bonus says. "Whenever Dark Side allies inflict at least 4 debuffs in a turn, they have a 10% chance to reduce their cooldowns by 1 for each debuff they inflicted that turn."
    Does this mean when an ally calls a mass assist in their turn, e.g. Bossk - you count all the debuffs inflicted by all the hits in the mass assist? or just the debuffs that are inflicted by Bossk himself? and do all the characters or just Bossk get the cooldowns reduced?
    If the effects only apply to one ally at a time, I suggest editing the description to:
    "Whenever a Dark Side ally inflicts at least 4 debuffs in a turn, that ally has a 10% chance to reduce their cooldowns by 1 for each debuff they inflicted that turn."
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    So I've equipped my datacron to a squad using the ally slot. Then what? There doesn't seem to be an option to level it up or do anything with it.

Is this the only location we can "see' our datacrons? I know there's a datacron store but that's for purchases, not for what we already have.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    oyu0ogkr8ahl.jpg
    5w749ijqyix9.jpg
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Is this the only location we can "see' our datacrons? I know there's a datacron store but that's for purchases, not for what we already have.
    There is a tab in squad management.

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

There is a tab in squad management.

Ah, thank you very much!
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Can we have the datacron expiry date in local format, currently mine says they expire on the 9th of May 2022 and I'm guessing that isn't right. Maybe use international standard if localising is too hard (YYYY/MM/DD).
  • Options
    Mine says 9/4/2022 which was two months ago in Australia
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. Mine say 09/05/2022. Typical date order for 9th May.
  • Options
    I don't know if this was already answered somewhere, but is there going to be multiple concurrent datacron sets? As far as I've seen there is one set right now.
    I'm asking because this kinda leaves out people who would normally be eligible to use them, but doesn't use/have factions and characters in that set.
    Wouldn't it be better to have multiple sets to better accommodate different rosters? One could argue that datacrons are meant for stronger players, but with GAC no longer tied to GP, accounts who would be able to use 1-2 datacrons tops is going to fight a lot with those who can afford 4-5 of them.
  • Options
    I'm asking because this kinda leaves out people who would normally be eligible to use them, but doesn't use/have factions and characters in that set.

1. Once they get going there will be 3 sets active at any one time.
    2. The abilities level 1 through 5 are for anyone of the specific "Side" of the Datacron (Light Side or Dark Side). So Rebels, Resistance, Jawas, and Clone Troopers can all use levels 1-5 of any LightSide Datacron.
    3. The abilities level 1 and 2 can be used by anyone of any side (but possibly only if the Datacron is not promoted to level 3, I'm not clear on how picking a side at level 3 limits access to benefit levels 1 & 2).
    4. For Datacrons that are promoted only to level 3 (or less) ALL CHARACTERS on the squad must be Relic3 or better or NO ONE gets any benefits.
    5. For Datacrons that are promoted to level 4 or more ALL CHARACTERS on the squad must be Relic5 or better or NO ONE gets any benefits.

So you can give a pretty large set of bonuses to a squad that is of the correct Side and are all r5+ even if they don't match the faction.

You can give more minor bonuses to a squad that is of the correct Side and are all r3 regardless of their Side so long as you don't promote the DataCron to Level3 or higher.
This discussion has been closed.