Kitten mode engaged

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

Not sure what else you were expecting. It’s delivered what CG said it kitten*.
    * sorry - not sure why you keep typing kitten?

Isn’t “kitten” an auto-filter for swearing in posts?

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try swearing and see what happens.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't substitute swear words, it substitutes... To be honest, I can't remember what. Straight up swears get turned into asterisks, simple enough. Some other negative non-swears get filtered into kitten.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't substitute swear words, it substitutes... To be honest, I can't remember what. Straight up swears get turned into asterisks, simple enough. Some other negative non-swears get filtered into kitten.
    It’s not the forum filter making it say kitten. The OP is typing kitten - you can see this by clicking “report” on one of his posts which shows the post exactly as it was submitted.

It appears as though it’s something the Gen Z brigade have invented as a substitute for profanity. When I read it, it strikes me as being incredibly childish.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Negative non-swears also are turned into asterisks. Try one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Negative non-swears also are turned into asterisks. Try one.

Negative non-swear
    Negative non-swear
    Negative non-swear

Nope, it isn't.

FIX YOUR FORUMS CG!
  • Options

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s not the forum filter making it say kitten. The OP is typing kitten - you can see this by clicking “report” on one of his posts which shows the post exactly as it was submitted.

It appears as though it’s something the Gen Z brigade have invented as a substitute for profanity. When I read it, it strikes me as being incredibly childish.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Your mileage may vary, but I like the substitution because I like seeing how language evolves and I'm sure my parents thought the same thing when they first heard me say "rad" 🤣

Anyway, beyond that, was there a filter back in the day? I feel like back in the Kozispoon days there was a kitten filter.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    How’s it holding against non-Executor fleets? If the only thing beating it is Executor then working as designed. If it’s losing (barring a heavy GP differential like a 4* Profundity versus a 7* high relic Negotiator) then something’s borked.

But the intention is attacker wind Profundity vs Executor. Attacker wins Malevolence/Negotiator/Chimera, but loses to Profundity or Executor. Rest are Paper/scissors/rock/lizard/Spock and generally lose to anything in the tier above.

Ahnaldt had a video up day one with a Malev counter that won twice in a row even when the RNG didn't work for him.

The bonus protection are not enough of a hedge against buzz droids and swarming assists.
  • Options

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe the whole “kittens” thing was the work of a previous community manager or maybe forum mod. They replaced profanities with the word “kittens” for some time and it seems to have stuck.