Replies

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    sigsig wrote: »
    They definitely ban cheaters, but I don't believe it's because people are DMing LD on the forums. There's lots they don't do that they should be doing.
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    • Have a clear way to report some one for cheating that isn't sending a DM into the void
    • Reimburse people that were cheated against (like they said they would)
    Some communication would be nice. We know we wont get details but how about a periodic status report::
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned

I've proposed this idea a few times and it didn't gain traction
    Which really makes me wonder why not? Are the stats that embarrassing?

Privacy reasons
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Misread as "piracy reasons"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They definitely ban cheaters, but I don't believe it's because people are DMing LD on the forums. There's lots they don't do that they should be doing.
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    • Have a clear way to report some one for cheating that isn't sending a DM into the void
    Some communication would be nice. We know we wont get details but how about a periodic status report::
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned

Privacy reasons

I feel like this is not a real reason.
    Who’s privacy would be compromised by a report like this?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    The correct question was, who should we report cheaters to and expect nothing to happen since cheating is allowed?

It's not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258431/undue-banishment#latest

One thing they say, the other is what they actually do... or don't do.

I'm unclear what you are claiming they actually do or don't do.

The fact that cheaters come here to complain about being banned is pretty clear proof they do ban cheaters.

What was it, 3 or maybe 4 cheaters in what, the last half year? It's not like the forum gets swarmed daily with banned cheaters.

I am not claiming anything. I am stating facts.

So you agree they do ban cheaters, good. We are both stating facts.

Not often enough was what I said. Please stop twisting my words.

So you agree with my other facts aswell, good.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I was wondering if they still work for CG or at least if they’re active on this forum whatsoever. Don’t see posts from them at all recently...
  • Options
    So getting back to topic and away from the usually calm and unproblematic sphere of gender politics, it appears that action is taken against cheaters - as shown in todays response to the people who bought shady game resources from the rogue EA employee - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258609/unfairly-credited-items#latest - although exactly how those player reports were processed isn’t mentioned it suggests there is something in place. Although more cynical folk than I would probably suggests CG move relatively quicker to preserve their market on this occasion.

Although the bigger story for me is about employee relations at EA…
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    The correct question was, who should we report cheaters to and expect nothing to happen since cheating is allowed?

It's not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258431/undue-banishment#latest

One thing they say, the other is what they actually do... or don't do.

I'm unclear what you are claiming they actually do or don't do.

The fact that cheaters come here to complain about being banned is pretty clear proof they do ban cheaters.

What was it, 3 or maybe 4 cheaters in what, the last half year? It's not like the forum gets swarmed daily with banned cheaters.

I am not claiming anything. I am stating facts.

So you agree they do ban cheaters, good. We are both stating facts.

Not often enough was what I said. Please stop twisting my words.

So you agree with my other facts aswell, good.

But you said you were stating facts. ”Not often enough” is not a fact, that is an opinion.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    so any updates about the actual topic? like who is actually responsible for dealing with cheaters?

1. CG hasn't confirmed LD's departure
    2. PM-ing LD still seems to be the way to deal with cheaters
  • Options
    Can somebody confirm where we send reports?

Is it Lucifer's Daddy or Lucifer's Mummy?
  • Options

Its amazing to me that CG has let this thread go for so long with no official answer....very telling....they couldnt care less about cheaters and even if they did, the perception is that they don't.....and we all know that perception is reality.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Its amazing to me that CG has let this thread go for so long with no official answer....very telling....they couldnt care less about cheaters and even if they did, the perception is that they don't.....and we all know that perception is reality.

Yeah it's unfortunate, but they've never actually cared about cheaters. They used to care enough to pretend that they cared about cheating, but now they just ignore it and hope we do too.
  • Options
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned

Privacy reasons

Exactly whose privacy is harmed by saying they have banned 75 people (a random number) for cheating? That would be none. The only way you hit the privacy wall is by saying bob was banned for cheating. And frankly, you can EASILY get around that with the licensing agreement that no one reads but agrees to when installing/playing. No one is asking for names, just proof something is being done.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    CG must consider their metrics on cheating to be proprietary information, so I think they are referring to their own “privacy” in Ultra’s statement. They could have worded it better.

Because as many have pointed out: without specific identifiers, it’s not violating user privacy.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Its amazing to me that CG has let this thread go for so long with no official answer....

Well I was just joking around, seeing the direction the thread had gone.

On topic, do CG even monitor the general posts in the forums? My feeling is they don't.

We have 2 community managers, neither of them are full time. So I very much doubt they read the general threads.

Then there are CG employed admins? I think they only ever get involved if somebody or a thread is reported, right?

On the whole though, these pages do feel like the wild west.

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited September 2022
    Options
    We have 2 community managers juggling two communities (LOTR game also), with a third on its way

We might see some changes with two community managers present (I am assuming one of the CM will be focused on LOTR:HOME and the remaining two will be for SWGOH)
  • Options
    We have 2 community managers juggling two communities (LOTR game also), with a third on its way

We might see some changes with two community managers present (I am assuming one of the CM will be focused on LOTR:HOME and the remaining two will be for SWGOH)

I can’t believe anyone is playing home. Awful developer. Awful graphics. But I guess I got suckered into this pile, so I guess there is a sucker for that pile.
  • Options
    Not sure where else to post but my TB officer was banned over a month ago for no reason. We need to get him reinstated ASAP. We've played together for over 5 years now and he is a pillar of our guild. Please help me to get him reinstated ASAP.

152-321-919
    Ceplor Wavedream

Please let me know the quickest way to get this issue resolved. Thank you!

@Ultra
  • Options
    Start a new thread if you absolutely must.
This discussion has been closed.