LucifersDaddy no longer at CG?

Prev1
sigsig
236 posts Member
edited February 21
I've heard LD is no longer at CG. Who should we report cheaters to going forward?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Peempo
    403 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Oh man really?! The lead point of contact for reports we've been sending everyone to?
  • Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Oh man really?! The lead point of contact for reports we've been sending everyone to?

He left in January. Maybe the intern is picking up reports? :apksus:
  • Options
    Oh lawd. We've been telling a whole server full of people to send reports his way, can't imagine the current backlog on investigating sus players..
  • Options
    All the reports going straight into the void then? Who are we supposed to contact instead?
  • Options
    Ultra seems to pick them up pretty well now.

LD left in January and doesn't get the DMs
  • Options
    The correct question was, who should we report cheaters to and expect nothing to happen since cheating is allowed?
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options

But Ultra is "only" a forum mod and she is neither employed by CG nor is it her job to get the messages about cheating and act on them.

So the question still stands: Whom should we report cheaters to?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    This all feels a bit like there’s a Do Long Bridge fallacy at play. You’re all assuming someone is in charge (or should be ) when it comes to cheaters. Reality could just be a normal amount of chaos, distraction & apathy. @Lumiya is right that just because Ultra tries to flow into the vacuum it doesn’t make any real difference because she has no authority. Only thing left to do is roll with it or roll on.

Personally I don’t come across too many cheaters. If they’re in my guild I boot them and report them (although haven’t had a response about cheating for a couple of years now) but most of the folk I play against seem ok so I stick with the game and worry about IRL stuff instead.

But if they bother you. Get the Roach.
  • Options
    Is this confirmed?

I’m sure we’ve been told recently that LD is somehow getting the messages via email instead of logging into the forum account?
  • Options
    I work in product support as well. Number one rule when you design a 24x7 support process: If the whole process ends up with individual contacts it can't work properly. You have to have a ticket-based support process or at least a standard mailbox or distribution list. How can you expect one single person taking efficient care of requests coming in all over the globe. He/She ends up being the bottleneck.
  • harvestmouse
    895 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Is this confirmed?

I’m sure we’ve been told recently that LD is somehow getting the messages via email instead of logging into the forum account?

I think we've been told that the LD 'account' is getting messages.

If I was to try and put 2 + 2 together (and probably come up with 3) I think that when they advertised for an intern to take over the cheating side of things, nobody applied.

I'm British (well mostly British), I don't really understand (and understand how you can get away with it) how the intern system works. I guess I understand how the apprentice system works, but your passing on skills with that.

My feeling is that nobody has filled in the job, for what CG wants to offer (barely anything) and they're having to make do for the best part of a year.

• TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    The correct question was, who should we report cheaters to and expect nothing to happen since cheating is allowed?

It's not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258431/undue-banishment#latest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258431/undue-banishment#latest

One thing they say, the other is what they actually do... or don't do.
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    This all feels a bit like there’s a Do Long Bridge fallacy at play. You’re all assuming someone is in charge (or should be ) when it comes to cheaters. Reality could just be a normal amount of chaos, distraction & apathy. @Lumiya is right that just because Ultra tries to flow into the vacuum it doesn’t make any real difference because she has no authority. Only thing left to do is roll with it or roll on.

Personally I don’t come across too many cheaters. If they’re in my guild I boot them and report them (although haven’t had a response about cheating for a couple of years now) but most of the folk I play against seem ok so I stick with the game and worry about IRL stuff instead.

what does this mean? :D
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

It's not.

I'm unclear what you are claiming they actually do or don't do.

The fact that cheaters come here to complain about being banned is pretty clear proof they do ban cheaters.
  • Options
    Naturally, they need to make the community believe they are adamantly against cheating, otherwise no one would spend real money.

The more pertinent question is what percentage of legit cheaters reported are actually punished, and what’s that investigatory/actionable turnaround time. Those are the service level metrics for Lucifer’s Daddy that need to be replicated.

CG would be wise to send out some communication on this, reminding that they take cheating seriously, who the new contact is, blah blah blah… but we all know communication isn’t their strong suit.
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options

It's not.

The fact that cheaters come here to complain about being banned is pretty clear proof they do ban cheaters.

What was it, 3 or maybe 4 cheaters in what, the last half year? It's not like the forum gets swarmed daily with banned cheaters.

I am not claiming anything. I am stating facts.
    For example they said they would compensate players that lost due to being matched with cheaters. Have they done so? Have they even banned all those? I know the cheater in my squad is still alive and well.

They also said gear economy changes incoming with at least 2 phases. Yeah, we all know how that went... and some other things.
  • Options
    They definitely ban cheaters, but I don't believe it's because people are DMing LD on the forums. There's lots they don't do that they should be doing.
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    • Have a clear way to report some one for cheating that isn't sending a DM into the void
    • Reimburse people that were cheated against (like they said they would)
  • Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

what does this mean? :D

https://youtu.be/f96p-IhcZhQ
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

It's not.

What was it, 3 or maybe 4 cheaters in what, the last half year? It's not like the forum gets swarmed daily with banned cheaters.

I am not claiming anything. I am stating facts.

So you agree they do ban cheaters, good. We are both stating facts.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Whomever uses the account logged in on 8/29.
  • Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    They definitely ban cheaters, but I don't believe it's because people are DMing LD on the forums. There's lots they don't do that they should be doing.
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    • Have a clear way to report some one for cheating that isn't sending a DM into the void
    Some communication would be nice. We know we wont get details but how about a periodic status report::
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    Some communication would be nice. We know we wont get details but how about a periodic status report::
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned

I've proposed this idea a few times and it didn't gain traction
  • Options
    Yeah I've ask about doing that too. Eve Echoes does something similar.

1xesv0nqv4gy.jpg
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    • Ban more cheaters
    • Ban cheaters faster
    # players reported
    # players investigated
    # players cleared
    # players banned

I've proposed this idea a few times and it didn't gain traction
    Which really makes me wonder why not? Are the stats that embarrassing?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I've ask about doing that too. Eve Echoes does something similar.

1xesv0nqv4gy.jpg

But how do you know they are telling you the truth? I find it hard to believe that people believe who believe they don't ban cheaters will suddenly believe they ban cheaters because they make a graphic about it.
This discussion has been closed.