Thoughts on new Community Event?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I agree with others that the event seems very half hearted. But in their defence, the game officially hasn't been out long and with everything else going on that comes with an official launch, preparing updates and new content to keep the momentum going etc, them I'm not surprised that they didn't have time to put together a decent festive event. I just hope that future events don't follow the same pattern.
  • Options
    I didn't read all the comments so sorry if already said, but I think this is more of test than an actual event.

This game just launched. Most games I've played at launch don't have events until its been running for about 6 months. I think this is more to see what people may be interested in.

If its a success, then I'll expect more events kind of like this. If it fails then I expect them to try a different kind of event.

I also think they are also looking at how we are acting in the forums about the event as well.

Is it an outstanding event? No not all. But its a chance to get shards for free doing what I would do anyways even without the shards so I'm not complaining.

Just hope they don't start something up that gives event characters, and the event is the only way to get the character, after event chance to get the character is gone for good. I really hate them type if events
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What they should've done was, from December 23 - January 2, allow us to play all the challenges every day and double the amount of times we can play them per day as well as increase energy recharge by at least 50%.

I guarantee you they would see a massive spike in play time and money spent as people push to grind toons in that window. I'm not sure how they can't take a hint with how massively successful 2x XP periods, and similar events, are in MMOs....
  • Options
    Yeah it would agree that when I read about the event I was not impressed. I really don't care about Rey shards. If she was a super powerhouse then that would be different. Great idea Telaan I was thinking something very similar.
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    If its a success, then I'll expect more events kind of like this. If it fails then I expect them to try a different kind of event.
    Should I hope it fails then? :) Because this is easily the most lackluster holiday event I've experienced in any online game, ever.
    Telaan wrote: »
    What they should've done was, from December 23 - January 2, allow us to play all the challenges every day and double the amount of times we can play them per day as well as increase energy recharge by at least 50%.

I guarantee you they would see a massive spike in play time and money spent as people push to grind toons in that window. I'm not sure how they can't take a hint with how massively successful 2x XP periods, and similar events, are in MMOs....

I think because the game is new and all the hype with the movie, they are making money hand over fist and don't feel any need to give incentives.
    Some sort of real bonus or incentive would have been easy enough to implement and probably paid off for them too, but whatever.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I think because the game is new and all the hype with the movie, they are making money hand over fist and don't feel any need to give incentives.
    Some sort of real bonus or incentive would have been easy enough to implement and probably paid off for them too, but whatever.

I've thought this as well, and it's incredibly shortsighted. The problem EA and it's subsidiaries seem to have is that they appear to think the Star Wars IP is enough to dominate the market or make their game a smashing success. You'd think both SWTOR and Star Wars Commander would show them otherwise. Poor customer service and poor development can kill a game regardless of what's in the title.

This game is new so I won't rush to judgement yet. But in a world that is now very accustomed to the online gaming environment people have some strong basic expectations. I hope this holiday non-event isn't an indication of how little we're actually valued beyond being a disposable source of income.