give players a choice to que for 3v3 or 5v5?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I personally support the idea of choosing. I hate 3v3 even though I generally do better in 3v3 (partly because others don't try or suck worse than me at it), I still think we should be able to choose. But a separate option would be separate leaderboards. Since 3v3 came back, it screwed up the GAC matchmaking. Before it came back, you saw more balanced line ups, now you can consistently see people with millions more GP or twice as many GLs being paired against you. Make two different leaderboards so people who tank 3v3 don't make it horrible for people in 5v5.
  • Options
    Gurken wrote: »
    Since 3v3 came back, it screwed up the GAC matchmaking. Before it came back, you saw more balanced line ups, now you can consistently see people with millions more GP or twice as many GLs being paired against you.
    3v3 did not make that happen, removing GP from matchmaking did.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Since 3v3 came back, it screwed up the GAC matchmaking. Before it came back, you saw more balanced line ups, now you can consistently see people with millions more GP or twice as many GLs being paired against you.

It's actually both. Since 3v3 is up every second season it just got worse, because more people don't participate or only do the bare minimum so there are even more dropping to lower leagues.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

It's actually both. Since 3v3 is up every second season it just got worse, because more people don't participate or only do the bare minimum so there are even more dropping to lower leagues.

If they ever divided 3v3 and 5v5 with a signup choice. It would truly show how unpopular 3v3 is.
  • TVF
    36631 posts Member
    Options
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

If they ever divided 3v3 and 5v5 with a signup choice. It would truly show how unpopular 3v3 is.

Best reason yet to not allow it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Also ships or no ships. Also DC or no DC. Also GL or no GL. Also omi or no omi. Also mods or no mods. Also Jedi or no Jedi. Also f2p or no f2p.

Nah. Play the game we all play.

This comparison is pretty disingenuous. Ships are part of tb, tw, and fleet arena as well as every gac. It's a part of the game that you can test and refine outside of 9 high stake rounds every other month, and the kits are all made with the idea they will be used in a full fleet.
    Very few teams are made with 3v3 in mind
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Luvell wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Also ships or no ships. Also DC or no DC. Also GL or no GL. Also omi or no omi. Also mods or no mods. Also Jedi or no Jedi. Also f2p or no f2p.

Nah. Play the game we all play.

This comparison is pretty disingenuous. Ships are part of tb, tw, and fleet arena as well as every gac. It's a part of the game that you can test and refine outside of 9 high stake rounds every other month, and the kits are all made with the idea they will be used in a full fleet.
    Very few teams are made with 3v3 in mind

Considering the most recent marquee and journey guide character were made with 3v3 in mind, it’s pretty safe to say it’s considered now a part of the game.
  • Options
    I could go for a datacron enabled and datacron disabled option for GAC, but I don't see it happening. Fortunately, I haven't met too many using more than the odd one, but I imagine it's more of an issue in Kyber.
  • Options
    So if you guys get to pick 3v3 or 5v5 in GA can I get to pick where I get my daily crystals from? I say we all get to pick how this game works. It will be the best for everyone.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    OP isn’t really arguing about giving us a choice to play 3v3, because we already have that. The implied argument is to separate the two game modes and keep the same rewards. Highly doubt that CG would split the GAC and give both leagues the same reward system. More likely the rewards would also get split, and then you’d be giving up a portion of your current rewards to skip 3v3, as opposed to just skipping a set of rounds but still reaping the higher rewards.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    The whole beauty of 3v3 is that so many players don't like it which gives easier wins to those who do. Why would we want to let our meal tickets off the hook by allowing them to not play it?
  • Options
    They should do 3v5
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for...
    "They" would make a split and then reduce your rewards even more.
  • Options
    No, keep 3v3.
    LV and Jabba with high dodge crons are so much fun in 3v3.

Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lumiya
    1494 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    No, keep 3v3.
    LV and Jabba with high dodge crons are so much fun in 3v3.

I can't tell if this is meant to be ironic or not.
    We are all made of star-stuff