Game Freezes / Infinite loading screen glitch

Replies

• wharp
    223 posts Member
    Options
    yzhuq5er40uf.png

Trying to help a guild mate by doing the T1 of the profundity event (from the guide journey) and got the game froze when loading the battle against the FO (spinner is NOT animated this time)
  • wharp
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Just got another infinite loading while forfeiting a attempt on the T1 profundity journey guide event (the spinner was animated)
  • wharp
    223 posts Member
    Options
    I've also noticed an increase in instances of being forcefully signed out of google play

It always happening to me when I am switching device/location (bluestack <=> smartphone, or any <=> webstore)
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    Happened to me when I wanted to switch my fleet and forfeited the battle. The wheel kept spinning indefinitely. I do not play on bluestacks, use only my phone.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    mg66t23nnwgg.jpg

Sorry forgot to attach the file
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Hopefully It was solved...

Still waiting a compensation for 2 last months with problems with this
    This game sucks
  • Options
    LordI wrote: »

I dont think we ever will be compensated, at least not fully compensated.

• Options
    Kartan wrote: »
    LordI wrote: »

I dont think we ever will be compensated, at least not fully compensated.

I know, it is sarcasm

They can ruin our game 2 months but now they can appear, say that it's solved and they can go away
    This game sucks
  • Options
    they solved nothing - i lost on GA today, because the game froze during the middle of a battle - 1 and a half minutes was ok, then suddenly began getting slower and after a minute all became static - 20 banners less - 950 crystals less and some skill less - thanks for the fix - now they want me to fill up a survey form - what for exactly?? i won't get compensation and as i see how they fix the things - it'll be just a loss of time
  • Options
    Lets not fix the game but invest more into packs, datacrons and whatever else that makes them money, what a bunch of crap, some of us spent 6 years on this game and for what? Stop selling worthless packs, stop shoving datacrons down our throats and fix your game. Tired of their incompetence.
  • wharp
    223 posts Member
    Options
    4t1neks1q8n7.png
    Infinit loading screen with animated spinner when launching the fleet strike of the TB...
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »
    they solved nothing - i lost on GA today, because the game froze during the middle of a battle - 1 and a half minutes was ok, then suddenly began getting slower and after a minute all became static - 20 banners less - 950 crystals less and some skill less - thanks for the fix - now they want me to fill up a survey form - what for exactly?? i won't get compensation and as i see how they fix the things - it'll be just a loss of time

Or you could just go ahead and fill it out in the off chance that it helps them further pinpoint the problem. They're trying to fix the problem that you took time to complain about but you're refusing to help them help you. I really don't understand the logic. Best case scenario - you help them fix the game for everyone (including yourself). All you have to lose is 3 minutes of your time. It's a three question survey.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    yeah, yeah - i expected such reply as yours - do you know what happened last time i reported a problem? i was sent to a site that guides me how to reinstall an app, clear cache etc. - like the problem was in my device, not in the coding. i lost more than 3 minutes. fyi - the problem wasn't solved (like some others, which were reported for years).
    you can ask why i write here then and waste my time - keep trying to figure out the answer of that - maybe you'll understand the logic some day (i highly doubt it tho, because it is obvious that you are unable to see the bigger pictures and like to be a beta tester for free. guess what - not all of us like that and i definitely don't want to help the quality to get worse with every new thing in the game)

[CM - Edited for minor profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options
    It's a survey, a form used to get statistics, not intended to determine the root cause of the issue, if "enough" people having these bugs fill the survey, they will spare some resources to work on it, else, ....

And this so called "fix", I am calling it more a "band-aid" than a fix...
  • Options
    yeah, yeah - i expected such reply as yours - do you know what happened last time i reported a problem? i was sent to a site that guides me how to reinstall an app, clear cache etc. - like the problem was in my device, not in the coding. i lost more than 3 minutes to get f*c*e* around. fyi - the problem wasn't solved (like some others, which were reported for years).
    you can ask why i write here then and waste my time - keep trying to figure out the answer of that - maybe you'll understand the logic some day (i highly doubt it tho, because it is obvious that you are unable to see the bigger pictures)

Got it - so take time out of your day to complain about the problem but not to help solve the problem. That's perfectly logical and speaks to a bigger picture.
  • Options
    wharp wrote: »
    It's a survey, a form used to get statistics, not intended to determine the root cause of the issue, if "enough" people having these bugs fill the survey, they will spare some resources to work on it, else, ....

And this so called "fix", I am calling it more a "band-aid" than a fix...

Right - so you haven't even looked at either of the surveys. Let's assume for a second that you're 100% right - why would you not want to move the needle toward 'enough'?

FWIW, I agree with you - I don't think the patch has been a sufficient fix. Since the patch dropped, I've actually had more problems than before the patch but I wasn't getting the freezing issue in the first place.
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    yeah, yeah - i expected such reply as yours - do you know what happened last time i reported a problem? i was sent to a site that guides me how to reinstall an app, clear cache etc. - like the problem was in my device, not in the coding. i lost more than 3 minutes to get f*c*e* around. fyi - the problem wasn't solved (like some others, which were reported for years).
    you can ask why i write here then and waste my time - keep trying to figure out the answer of that - maybe you'll understand the logic some day (i highly doubt it tho, because it is obvious that you are unable to see the bigger pictures)

Got it - so take time out of your day to complain about the problem but not to help solve the problem. That's perfectly logical and speaks to a bigger picture.

no, man, you still didn't get it - PART of the bigger picture is that you, like a beta tester for free (as all of us, which you gladly support as it seems), don't help reduce the problems, but exactly the opposite - give space for increasing them in the future, which is something i can't understand how you didn't manage to notice it already - it is not a thing from yesterday. hope you got part of the logic now - if you didn't - noone can help you

• Options
    being a beta tester for free doesn't help solving problems

Actually testing DOES help - that's how bugs are found. The fact that the bug made it through QA, smoke testing, regression testing, and probably several other kinds of testing only highlights the fact that they need help finding it. I know that's all terribly logical and not quite devious enough to fit your narrative so by all means, believe whatever you want - just don't expect that you won't get called out on it from time to time.
  • Options
    Right - so you haven't even looked at either of the surveys. Let's assume for a second that you're 100% right - why would you not want to move the needle toward 'enough'?

I filled both survey, I am just expressing my opinion about the survey and how companies tend to work, meaning, if 1 person having these bug over 100.000 (random number) , they might put this bug as very low priority and the more people filling this survey, the more chance we get this bug fixed "soon".
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    being a beta tester for free doesn't help solving problems

Actually testing DOES help - that's how bugs are found. The fact that the bug made it through QA, smoke testing, regression testing, and probably several other kinds of testing only highlights the fact that they need help finding it. I know that's all terribly logical and not quite devious enough to fit your narrative so by all means, believe whatever you want - just don't expect that you won't get called out on it from time to time.

the keywords were "for free" - i know it is hard for you to process the bigger picture and predict the consequences, which already show the big drop in the quality of every new thing in the game. thank you for the explanation of what tests are for, lol. yes - they need help and such help usually costs money - quality isn't cheap, you know, but they decided to make it cheap and we constantly see the results now.
    i really lost enough time with "teflons".. have a good day :)
  • Options
    I was having multiple freezes daily, in all game modes. And from just navigating from room to room. Last conquest, I lost 240 conquest energy. I've lost gac rounds from it. Lost waves from tb. It's been a terrible experience for several weeks now. Then we finally get some updates.

My game hasn't frozen once in several days now. At least for me, my issue is finally fixed.
  • Options

I filled both survey, I am just expressing my opinion about the survey and how companies tend to work, meaning, if 1 person having these bug over 100.000 (random number) , they might put this bug as very low priority and the more people filling this survey, the more chance we get this bug fixed "soon".

I agree. That's why I think it's important for everyone affected to fill out the survey - so that this gets a higher priority. There is a free text field in both surveys to explain how and when you experienced the bug - this is the part that can help them pinpoint the problem. So I think it goes a little beyond just putting a number on the affected players.
  • herd_nerfer
    2088 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

no, man, you still didn't get it - PART of the bigger picture is that you, like a beta tester for free (as all of us, which you gladly support as it seems), don't help reduce the problems, but exactly the opposite - give space for increasing them in the future, which is something i can't understand how you didn't manage to notice it already - it is not a thing from yesterday. hope you got part of the logic now - if you didn't - noone can help you

It's not that I don't understand what you're getting at. I see your point. My point is this:

If you really believe that you are beta testing for free then you already know and acknowledge that there are going to be bugs in the game. That's the whole nature of a beta test. So if this is as you say - a beta (it's not) then you're volunteering your time to test. Seriously, who complains about a bug in a beta? No one. Because bugs are expected. During a beta test though, the whole point is to find bugs - which they are asking for your help with and you're refusing to give it. So if that's really how you feel, what's the point of complaining about it, or even playing the game at all? If you think the game is in 'beta' condition and you don't want to play a game in 'beta' condition... there's a solution for that.
  • Options
    There is a free text field in both surveys to explain how and when you experienced the bug - this is the part that can help them pinpoint the problem. So I think it goes a little beyond just putting a number on the affected players.

That's the problem, pinpointing the issue, as they mentioned, they having trouble to reproduce the issue, so they already have the symptoms and the workflow, and as a gamer, I don't like to tell them (the developpers and QA, not the companies) how to do their job, we all know which update broke the game for some of us, I think it is sufficient enough for them to look into which commit broke the game.
    They have trouble reproducing it? If they are trying manually, they are doomed, just use a scripts (auto clicker, or any other automated way) to perform the same action until the game freeze ...
  • Options
    There is a free text field in both surveys to explain how and when you experienced the bug - this is the part that can help them pinpoint the problem. So I think it goes a little beyond just putting a number on the affected players.

That's the problem, pinpointing the issue, as they mentioned, they having trouble to reproduce the issue, so they already have the symptoms and the workflow, and as a gamer, I don't like to tell them (the developpers and QA, not the companies) how to do their job, we all know which update broke the game for some of us, I think it is sufficient enough for them to look into which commit broke the game.
    They have trouble reproducing it? If they are trying manually, they are doomed, just use a scripts (auto clicker, or any other automated way) to perform the same action until the game freeze ...

I think that's a fair assessment and I suspect they could probably benefit from the kind of testing you mentioned. For all we know they're doing that. I do feel like more data is better than less data though, provided they have the bandwidth to filter the noise from what info might be valuable.