The game owes you nothing

Prev1
ARC
138 posts Member
edited April 2016
You get a game that's entirely free you can get everything yourself without money stop whining.The only thing that is owed is some respect from you

Replies

• Options
    What about me? Do they owe something to me? Near about a grand in.

If I was F2P, how would certainly consider taking a pilgrimage to CG headquarters for making this awesome game free for me. Oh wait, I'm the bait for you to catch the big fish? And I owe you respect? Sorry, doesn't compute.
  • Options
    Your country owes you something. You are obligated to pay taxes. SWGOH's devs/owners owe you nothing. You choose to pay. See the distinction?
  • Options
    If the devs didn't want our feedback then this forum wouldn't exist.

I'll leave it at that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Please don't use DEVS in posts titles.
  • Options
    Your country owes you something. You are obligated to pay taxes. SWGOH's devs/owners owe you nothing. You choose to pay. See the distinction?

He did mention only F2Ps so was curious if that meant I was owed something.

I see the distinction. Just hope the world would too, you know? Class action suits, asking for refunds, taking to court manufacturers and such for poor quality or service when they chose to pay... The world needs to see the distinction. Don't worry about poor little me.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ARC wrote: »
    You get a game that's entirely free you can get everything yourself without money stop whining.The only thing that is owed is some respect from you

You wrote:
    You may not agree but the real problem is lack of communication with devs.

You wrote:
    Endgame is just grinding at the point where it isn't fun.Days and months go buy to accomplish about ONE thing.And when ur done with that one thing you go grind some more.Arena is the same team over and over again and takes no skilbuy to accomplish about ONE thing.And when ur done with that one thing you go grind some more.Arena is the same team over and over again and takes no skill and is not competitive.This game needs more endgame like the yoda event.There really is a million possibilities with Star Wars.Galaxy of farming takes FOREVER to get characters and chroms aren't worth it at all .12 LOBOT isn't worth 3days of playing.Cmon EA give us that content we need
    And now you tell others not to complain and to give respect to the devs? Srsly?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    One of the most amazing things about gaming communities is not how many people complain. This is universal across all industries when companies create poor products or services, treat their customers poorly, or make other mistakes.
    What is amazing about gaming communities is how subservient they are. How many people spend so much effort depending the companies, no matter what they do, and seem to take pride in bashing those with legitimate complaints. Only in gaming communities do I see people suggest that customers who spend over $1,000 on a product "owe respect" to the people they paid it to.
    CG has made some remarkably bad moves in the last four months. They have received harsh criticism for this, which was deserved. CG has also made some very good moves. They have received applause, which was deserved.
    It is that simple. Do good, treat people well, get positive responses. Do the opposite, get negative responses.
    Feedback is important, and should be constructive and well-reasoned. Blind, unthinking defense of the developers is just as pointless as unconstructive criticism.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of sense was spoken in the post above me. @Qeltar care to share some of that common sense with some other folks around here?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I have tried from time to time in the past. Common sense is not as common as the name suggests.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Okay then.
  • Options

I see the distinction. Just hope the world would too, you know? Class action suits, asking for refunds, taking to court manufacturers and such for poor quality or service when they chose to pay... The world needs to see the distinction. Don't worry about poor little me.

I see your point of view, assuming you didn't mean that last bit literally. But I doubt players would succeed in a class action against EA/CG on the grounds of them having made the game less fun.

Expecting, perhaps demanding, quality of service for an online game is akin to frequenting a burger joint you like. You enjoy your burgers day by day, but they keep getting marginally worse as the weeks pass. Maybe the owner decided to cut costs on the supplies. So then you ask for a refund for the burgers you enjoyed in the past, on the basis that they are no longer good? Not in my book.

The way I see it, whatever you pay for a game, you pay because you enjoy it at that point in time. This means you get your money's worth (enjoyment for money, a one stop trade). Whether or not you choose to continue paying for, literal entertainment, is a decision you make as you go.
  • Options
    ^^"Blind, unthinking defense of the developers is just as pointless as unconstructive criticism. "
    +1
    Perfect and tight. Lando likes it fast and loose though :wink:
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    This thread. Why?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options

Complaining about other people complaining is the best kind of complaining. Bravo.

In all seriousness, even F2P players can be considered customers. It's in EA/CG's best interest to have a high number of active players to keep the game fun. EA/CG needs to make decisions that they feel are in the game's best interest, but all customers should feel free to voice an opinion.

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    This thread. Why?

Im guessing SpongeBob was over and the OP got bored.
  • Options

didn't you quit the game 3 weeks ago?
  • Options

...The way I see it, whatever you pay for a game, you pay because you enjoy it at that point in time. This means you get your money's worth (enjoyment for money, a one stop trade). Whether or not you choose to continue paying for, literal entertainment, is a decision you make as you go.

Well, folks did get refunds. Barris buyers did get compensation.

And, fyi, I didn't pay to enjoy the game at the moment of payment. I paid for future enjoyment. You can't enjoy a toon the moment you buy him/ her. You work at it, throwing more and more money, grinding away. So if EA messes up, I'm well entitled to be mad at EA.

Btw, if I go to any successful burger joint and the service is not upto the mark, I'll usually get a complimentary something just bringing it to the notice of the management. That's how any business is run. It's never a take it or leave it. Same with any gadget you buy, if it doesn't work as advertised, you get refund, a replacement and sometimes even some compensation. The company might object to refunds et al, online or otherwise but the customer always has the right to complain about any deficiency in services rendered. Always. That customer is owed at least that much by the business running on said customers money. The right to be heard.

Not that I'm asking for any refunds or anything but this is a thread about how CG is doing us a favour. They're not. And we are owed a good game, F2P or otherwise. The deal is we pay up and they deliver. Not, "oh you've already paid? We're sorry, you're of no consequence anymore!"
  • Options
    ^^"Blind, unthinking defense of the developers is just as pointless as unconstructive criticism. "
    +1
    If you're referring to the opinion I voiced above, I'd like to make it clear that I've not been playing long enough to have experienced some of the changes that have been so rigorously discussed as of lately. So, I can't really bash or defend EA/CG; their decisions have not affected me (yet).

Having said that, I don't think it's about gamers being subservient, as somebody mentioned above. Rather, it's just the way the world works. At its core, EA is a for-profit company. Whichever profit model they choose to assume, and the corresponding business decisions that come with it, they are something you, as a customer/player have to accept. It's how the gaming industry works. Like it? Play. Don't? Don't.

I say this from experience and not because I have some agenda ingrained in my head; I've played games in the past in which I was heavily invested, where the players ended up getting the short end of the stick.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    This thread. Why?

Im guessing SpongeBob was over and the OP got bored.

LOL
  • Options
    +1
    If you're referring to the opinion I voiced above, I'd like to make it clear that I've not been playing long enough to have experienced some of the changes that have been so rigorously discussed as of lately. So, I can't really bash or defend EA/CG; their decisions have not affected me (yet).

Having said that, I don't think it's about gamers being subservient, as somebody mentioned above. Rather, it's just the way the world works. At its core, EA is a for-profit company. Whichever profit model they choose to assume, and the corresponding business decisions that come with it, they are something you, as a customer/player have to accept. It's how the gaming industry works. Like it? Play. Don't? Don't.

I say this from experience and not because I have some agenda ingrained in my head; I've played games in the past in which I was heavily invested, where the players ended up getting the short end of the stick.

I actually wrote this before yours appeared, random the person to post before me has a Lando icon!
    I just thought I was being funny and could only think of Lando's ability when I wrote "Perfect & Tight."
    The ^^ arrows were because I thought I was going to be under @Qeltar
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Guess the OP is having a laugh at all the posts here. It was a troll bait thread anyway, the only reason I got **** in was because @QuantifierDMD started laying out well phrased arguments. Don't agree obviously but well phrased it definitely is. Since you're new to the game, welcome and hope you enjoy the game @QuantifierDMD !
  • Options

Guess the OP is having a laugh at all the posts here. It was a troll bait thread anyway, the only reason I got **** in was because @QuantifierDMD started laying out well phrased arguments. Don't agree obviously but well phrased it definitely is. Since you're new to the game, welcome and hope you enjoy the game @QuantifierDMD !
    Yes I guess you're right about the OP. Always a pleasure to have a well-argumented, cordial discussion with fellow players :)! Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options

didn't you quit the game 3 weeks ago?

No
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    The Burger restaurant comparison got me.
    If EA would sell burgers, you wouldn't get a full menu, just a 33% Chance to get a small one or a 25% when you want a big one.
    Most of the time you will only get 2-4 fries and salt. Salt salt salt :D jk

• ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    People are so whiny over a game
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    If EA would sell burgers, you wouldn't get a full menu, just a 33% Chance to get a small one or a 25% when you want a big one.

That is so apt, haha!
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

They wouldn't sell burgers, they would give them away free. They taste so good that you want more, but to get more faster you have to pay.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-27-at-10.18.43-AM.png
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

They wouldn't sell burgers, they would give them away free. They taste so good that you want more, but to get more faster you have to pay.

Both analogies are correct actually. Chromiums and energy/ shard refills.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Burger: $30
    Lettuce DLC: $15
    Tomato and onion package: $25
    Ketchup or Mustard expansion pack: $30
  • Options
    I like this thread already!