Free Play Mode?

Lets say I've completed my challenges, done my 5 arena battles, and beaten/have nobody remaining in GW. Energy levels are nil (or below any useful value). I've used my crystals for refreshes (or something else), but I am committed to being F2P, so I'm not buying crystals.

At this point, there is nothing I can do in the game, correct? I am completely locked out of being able to play the game? If I wanted to continuously shell out money to play a game, I'd go rent one. I get the Freemium model and that the game isn't free to develop. I get that players could progress too fast, or whatever reason can be made up to prevent people from gearing/leveling up without delays. I've got to real issue with that. I'm just looking for a way to play with the toons I have without paying money to do so. Is there a way to do that?

Replies

• gitts411
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You have 25 battles (12 GW + 8 Challenges + 5 Arena) everyday which you cannot use sim tickets on. 41 battles (24 challenges) on Sundays. In high ranks, an arena refresh is an efficient way to spend 50 crystals so thats another +5 battles. While waiting for the new "guilds" content, you can try restarting but not doing your GW battles so that the next day you have 2 sets of GW battles to finish. You can also try not using any sim tickets. In my opinion, there are enough things to do in a day in SWGOH. The game's just getting a bit stale though, but the addition of guilds might be refreshing.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. Currently there's nothing else to do. There's a rumor that with the next patch we'll get guilds and possibly raids (people taking Rancor in the teaser video as being a raid thing).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    gitts411 wrote: »
    You have 25 battles (12 GW + 8 Challenges + 5 Arena) everyday which you cannot use sim tickets on. 41 battles (24 challenges) on Sundays. In high ranks, an arena refresh is an efficient way to spend 50 crystals so thats another +5 battles. While waiting for the new "guilds" content, you can try restarting but not doing your GW battles so that the next day you have 2 sets of GW battles to finish. You can also try not using any sim tickets. In my opinion, there's enough things to do in a day in SWGOH. Just getting a bit stale though, but the guilds might be refreshing.

Sorry but I don't consider this a valid solution. Stretching out the same amount of content over a longer period of time does not address the root of the problem, which is that there are a finite number of things you can do in the game per day. You can increase the limit by spending money but that limit is still always there.

For some of us, the existing content is more than enough. I know there are some days when I just don't have the time to plod through GW or use all my Arena tickets. For others, they could easily play for several more hours a day if only the game would let them. And I think the game should let them because, quite frankly, it's stupid not to.
  • Options
    It's all about the Benjamin's with EA
  • Options
    Don't use SIM tickets if you want to kill time.
  • Options
    I always thought an interesting idea would be if you could refresh GW after completion and you could just play with no rewards. It would allow practice against 'real' competition and would allow you to try out different team comps.
  • Options
    I always thought an interesting idea would be if you could refresh GW after completion and you could just play with no rewards. It would allow practice against 'real' competition and would allow you to try out different team comps.

Or let me play against custom teams for no reward to see what a character would be like fully equipped (i.e. CUP sucks currently, but could he be a linchpin of a stun focused team when full gear/star/level?). Agreed, and *sigh* oh well.
  • Options

Or let me play against custom teams for no reward to see what a character would be like fully equipped (i.e. CUP sucks currently, but could he be a linchpin of a stun focused team when full gear/star/level?). Agreed, and *sigh* oh well.

+1

That would be amazing, make deciding whom to put effort into a lot easier.