Drop Rate SCAMS

i'm currently farming for executer, i have every ship at 7 stars, except for Tie Bomber, which is 11 Shards away. For the past 4 days i have been doing 3 refreshes a day, or a total of 20 battles on this node. And normally I would receive 4 or less shards a day, but today, i went 15 straight battles without receiving a single shard. please fix your drop rates, i don't know valour everyone else but i would much rather have higher drop rates than double shards, thanks

Replies

• Options
    That's what we that are effected by it call "RNG" or as CG refers to it legally, "Surprise Mechanics".
  • Options
    Annoying for you but really just (very) short-term bad RNG.
  • Options
    Random number generators generate numbers randomly.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Drop rate is approximately 20%

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Based on what? Is there any "offcial" document with expected drop rates? I know how stats work...but would like to know the numbers to make better decisions...

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Based on community tracked data.

And sorry, I was thinking of gear. Shards and blueprints are around 33%.
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Based on what? Is there any "offcial" document with expected drop rates? I know how stats work...but would like to know the numbers to make better decisions...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244510/forum-faq-by-the-players-for-the-players#latest Section 2.1 has links to community tracked data.
  • StewartH
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I pulled 8 shards of Hux yesterday on 5 runs. I was pumped. Has anyone ever pulled 10 shards on 5 runs?
  • Options
    StewartH wrote: »
    I pulled 8 shards of Hux yesterday on 5 runs. I was pumped. Has anyone ever pulled 10 shards on 5 runs?

I've done it. I've also gone 0/5 on double drops, but I leave my tin foil hat at home rather than run screaming to the forums. Funny how no one who hits the RNG lotto comes onto the forums to complain about 'rigged drop rates' awarding them fully crafted pieces for placing in the HSR top 10 multiple weeks in a row. It's almost like confirmation bias exists.

OP chill bro. Record your drops and attempts in an Excel/Sheets spreadsheet for a month and I bet you'll have an average of 30% drop rate +/-5%.
  • Options
    Seriously though, there's been tons of tracked data on this. There is no evidence of foul play on CG's part when it comes to shard drops.
  • Options
    What's the drop rate on Kyrotech stuff? 20%?

Asking because I've had the worst run of luck trying to get one (1!!) last computer and want to know how astronomical the likelihood of this run has been. I'm currently at 16 sims with nothing--also nothing in any of the stores for the past 3 days. As much as I want this last computer, I also kind of want to see how long I can make this bad luck last...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Afaik yes 20%
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    What's the drop rate on Kyrotech stuff? 20%?

Asking because I've had the worst run of luck trying to get one (1!!) last computer and want to know how astronomical the likelihood of this run has been. I'm currently at 16 sims with nothing--also nothing in any of the stores for the past 3 days. As much as I want this last computer, I also kind of want to see how long I can make this bad luck last...
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ghost666 wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244510/forum-faq-by-the-players-for-the-players#latest Section 2.1 has links to community tracked data.

There's some kyrotech tracker data there too, can't remember the sample size etc, but 20% seems correct.
  • Options
    I needed 4 shards on a ship today for 7* and I was pretty sure with my luck I was going to get 0 drops out of 10 tries.

I simmed 5 and got 6 shards.

So yeah, drop your tin foil hats. It's just randomness, which usually draws our atention only on bad drops. as Wookie says, no one that gets 10 shards out of 5 sims comes here complaining of the rng (I've pulled those before too btw, at least once).
  • Lumiya
    1491 posts Member
    Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    I needed 4 shards on a ship today for 7* and I was pretty sure with my luck I was going to get 0 drops out of 10 tries.

So yeah, drop your tin foil hats. It's just randomness, which usually draws our atention only on bad drops. as Wookie says, no one that gets 10 shards out of 5 sims comes here complaining of the rng (I've pulled those before too btw, at least once).

How can you get 6 shards in 5 sims if the they are just single drops? The max would be 5.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1491 posts Member
    Options
    Edit to add: But I do agree in general that I also do not believe the drop rates are rigged.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

How can you get 6 shards in 5 sims if the they are just single drops? The max would be 5.

Sorry, typo, it was 4 shards, not 6
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Sorry, typo, it was 4 shards, not 6

Proof of nerf!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Update on shards, op?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    i'm currently farming for executer, i have every ship at 7 stars, except for Tie Bomber, which is 11 Shards away. For the past 4 days i have been doing 3 refreshes a day, or a total of 20 battles on this node. And normally I would receive 4 or less shards a day, but today, i went 15 straight battles without receiving a single shard. please fix your drop rates, i don't know valour everyone else but i would much rather have higher drop rates than double shards, thanks

Welcome To an EA Game where they value Money over Players happiness
  • Options
    StewartH wrote: »

I just got ten shards of Kuill yesterday
  • Options

Welcome To an EA Game where they value Money over Players happiness

Or just unfounded player bias.