Replies

• Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    This is going to be great!
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    just what I was worried about, according to this update note, speed high dps meta will be finished and phasma is relevant again.
  • Options
    what is considered slow/fast? Is anything over 100 speed considered fast?
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    First order teams will probably be meta now.
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    what is considered slow/fast? Is anything over 100 speed considered fast?

I think they are taking more into consideration than just speed. They said "in general". I suspect that characters like Rey and QGJ will still be top tier.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    just what I was worried about, according to this update note, speed high dps meta will be finished and phasma is relevant again.

not just phasma but any TM manipulator. Phasma, ST han, magmatrooper plus those that gets TM on crit RP, HRS, GS will do well with Phasma
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

The whole point of the change is to get away from meta. ;)
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I think Phasma, tie pilot and first oder officer will be meta now.

I was two shards away from unlocking Rey and was going to put all my reseouces into upgrading her. Not sure now.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Realistically, there will always be meta teams. The goal is to have multiple meta teams that counter each other (rock, paper, scissors) instead of having everyone always lurching from all playing rock, to all playing paper, to all playing scissors.
    I'm excited about this. (Probably more than it is wise to be...)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Realistically, there will always be meta teams. The goal is to have multiple meta teams that counter each other (rock, paper, scissors) instead of having everyone always lurching from all playing rock, to all playing paper, to all playing scissors.
    I'm excited about this. (Probably more than it is wise to be...)

Spot on.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Boba (L), Phasma, Lando, ST Han/Poe, Yoda

Not saying that this is will work, but this team with +45% crit, guaranteed crit, and Lando upping his damage each time? Not to mention Yoda (assuming the timing works out) refreshing Advantage on his party with Meditation.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what the new combinations are. Even if there is one new killer team, it's going to take some time before everyone figures it out. I just hope that this makes the game a bit more nuanced.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

The whole point of the change is to get away from meta. ;)

No, the way the game is designed there will always be one team comp to dominate the LB, I think its unavoidable, Diversity is NOT possible, Simply because the limited resources and limited amount of viable characters. There will always be a singular team comp and variation of it that will populate the LB. There just isnt enough resources for players to experiment with extra teams.

what will happen is a whale leads the LB first and everyone copies.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Well that's the key, how much protection is "protection'? Enough to not get OHKO like 2-3K hp? or a full on doubling of HP? We'll find out. Kinda surprised this isnt datamined yet

I" think" it will be a small amount, but I think it will work like this. Once protection is down then the next attack on charater will then affect normal HP. So even if you can do more damage then there is protection normal HP's will not be affected.
  • Options
    I think a way forward could be to let the whales or those with large squads try out combinations, see what emerges as (hopefully) multiple meta options and then pick the one closest to your current roster then farm the extra character(s) to complement what you have.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    I will hold off on rebalancing, but I am really bummed that still no information has been provided on new levels, specifically level 7 of Cantina.
  • Guni
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Why aren't more specifics about characters and stats being disclosed?

I think there is a good community here on the forums and I believe player feedback could be beneficial in helping to positively shape updates before they go live.
  • Options
    I am all for adding new dimensions to the game. Even at L70/5*/Gear 8, Rey is a game changer. Makes no sense that she can one-shot kill so many characters before she's even 6 or 7 starred.

With that said, I hope she isn't nerfed too hard. She is such a hard farm and I am hoping that the devs take into consideration the amount of time and resources needed to acquire heroes when aligning speed, damage, etc. If you have to spend more time/energy farming them, they should be a little better than others in their class.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think a way forward could be to let the whales or those with large squads try out combinations, see what emerges as (hopefully) multiple meta options and then pick the one closest to your current roster then farm the extra character(s) to complement what you have.

SInce there is only one team comp that can be used for offense and defense, what will happen is players will find a team that is good all around. Rock Paper Scissors will not apply. There are plenty of Jedi counter teams, yet the LB is dominated by QGJ, then it was dominated by Dooku. Ive seen many games like this, diversity does not exist in a game that has so few resources to work with. There will be one team comp that works well in offense and defense and everyone will copy and dump all their resources in that comp.
  • Options
    Considering I only need 13more shards to seven star Rey...seems like the nerf is coming right on time! Haha good times.

If we can't kill ig88 before he goes anymore..I scurred of robot overlords!!
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Re: Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Any chance that we can get the actual changes as part of the notes some time before the patch goes live? A lot of players like to see the hard numbers rather then just the general idea. Not sure if you guys follow non-mobile FTP games like League of Legends, DoTA or even Hearthstone, but their patch notes are always quite detailed and given well ahead of the content release.

edit: really this applies to other parts of the notes as well. What are the numbers on protection? What adjustments exactly are being made to armor and resistance?

Yea, I see no need for the secrecy at this point in time.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if advantage crit bonus is for basic attack only or specials too? Droid teams will destroy if it's specials
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Some of the things you’ll be able to see on a profile include:
    Total Arena Battles Won/Lost
    Total Galactic War Battles Won
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

I think all of this **** should be private
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

You don't want people to know that you're a whale?
  • Options
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

Why? It will be helpful to guild members and leaders. They are not showing how much money you spent, which should be private, but in game details. That's fair game.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I really i don't know what thing about this.. whole strategy is going away. For F2p players its hard to up one new team. So so many people go to left the game. And it's bore that way
    Commander of Latin Force - I always fight Back
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    I fear that balance update

I look forward to it. Strategy rather than pure DPS. Should make other characters more viable and bring variety that is much needed. DPS Squad owners can still have fun adjusting their squad.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    The lowest difficulty is open to all characters, the second tier requires 2 star characters, while the highest requires 7 star characters
    Does this literally mean we need to use 2* characters?
    {RotE}
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    The lowest difficulty is open to all characters, the second tier requires 2 star characters, while the highest requires 7 star characters
    Does this literally mean we need to use 2* characters?

I seriously doubt that. Chances are you would just roll with your maxed squad and demolish the easier challenges.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    Hmm. Here's what I'm wondering.

It says in the preliminary notes:
    • Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Since Ahsoka only has a speed rating of 93 (before her unique ability), does this mean she is now going to hit even harder? Combine that with her unique's speed and health buffs and you've potentially got something powerful enough to spawn a whole new breed of nerf posts.

YYYAAASSS!! :) **points to picture**
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

I think the inappropriate one is the data card, how is that relevant?