Replies

• Options
    I fear that balance update
  • Options
    Hmmm, nothing totally earth shocking yet that we didnt know of already. Still eager to see how this all pans out
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »

Time to drop Rey etc.
  • Options
    Thanks. I heard people talking about it, but couldn't find the post.
  • Options
    So is the protection a new category that requires ability materials to upgrade?
  • Options
    Id like to know if fortitude will play a factor in GW, if you have to go against full fortitude squads every round while youre never regenerates...... ouch.
  • Options
    I can't believe they will nerf <insert favourite toon name here>.

There's a template for all those who wish to complain. :D

I am so looking forward to this update as I believe a lot more toons will be viable in arena :)
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Johnnyudes wrote: »

Time to drop Rey etc.

Haven't activated her yet because of that possible nerf. It's for my QGJ and Dooku that I fear the most. As a ftp it's not super easy to rapidly adapt to a new meta. Hope it will be doable.
  • Options
    Im looking forward to this, i hope lots of characters become useful so people can finally make unique teams that they want to use
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Looks like its time for the Phasma meta to begin. Turn meter bonus + a team full of crits seems OP.
  • Options
    Biggs, Boba, RP all farmed up. Credits horded for anyone else!
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds cool. Glad my Teebo and Chewie are farmed up (Chewie will be better with this update, right? RIGHT?!). But too bad it looks like many of my Jedi will likely take a hit (though is QGJ's leader ability mean he and other Jedi will be effect by the nerf as much as Doku and Sid?).

And I hope the raids either rotate in what the rewards are or the rewards are more gear that we now have to get 50 of.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • sir_Phantom_Jedi
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Looks like its time for the Phasma meta to begin. Turn meter bonus + a team full of crits seems OP.

I love Phasma but I think she will get a nerf, and fair enough too.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    Theorycrafting out my *****

Phasma(l), kylo, yoda, poggle, ventress

Yoda-knocks back TM on key opponent
    poggle- offense up
    phasma- TM + advantage
    Kylo- AOE w/ full crit and offense up
    Ventress- AOE w/ full crit and offense up
    Yoda- AOE w/ full crit and offense up

hmmmm
  • Options
    I'm digging this a lot. Very excited to see these next updates.
  • Options
    We got it at noon on Reddit lol
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What do you mean I can't rely on pure damage??? This game is dead I quit!
  • Options
    No comment. I'll let someone else start. :p
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No comment. I'll let someone else start. :p

My first post
    {RotE}
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Still waiting on the "more details" part tho!
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. Here's what I'm wondering.

It says in the preliminary notes:
    • Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Since Ahsoka only has a speed rating of 93 (before her unique ability), does this mean she is now going to hit even harder? Combine that with her unique's speed and health buffs and you've potentially got something powerful enough to spawn a whole new breed of nerf posts.

4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Theorycrafting out my *****

Phasma(l), kylo, yoda, poggle, ventress

Yoda-knocks back TM on key opponent
    poggle- offense up
    phasma- TM + advantage
    Kylo- AOE w/ full crit and offense up
    Ventress- AOE w/ full crit and offense up
    Yoda- AOE w/ full crit and offense up

hmmmm

And then once all the protection is down you can work on main hp's
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    "We’ll be sharing more information on Raids starting on April 18th. " So this means that 18th is the first raid, or they will add more information on 18th ?
  • Options
    Well that's the key, how much protection is "protection'? Enough to not get OHKO like 2-3K hp? or a full on doubling of HP? We'll find out. Kinda surprised this isnt datamined yet
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    noizer wrote: »
    "We’ll be sharing more information on Raids starting on April 18th. " So this means that 18th is the first raid, or they will add more information on 18th ?

The raid patch doesn't hit until the end-ish of the month. They just mean they are going to give us more information.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    Hmm. Here's what I'm wondering.

It says in the preliminary notes:
    • Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Since Ahsoka only has a speed rating of 93 (before her unique ability), does this mean she is now going to hit even harder? Combine that with her unique's speed and health buffs and you've potentially got something powerful enough to spawn a whole new breed of nerf posts.

It would be pretty unreasonable if they didn't take her ability into account when making the tuning, but who knows?

Secondly, key word here is "generally." This means there might be some exceptions rather than just a flat change across the board for all characters. People are assuming things like Dooku's damage getting nerfed since he's on the higher end of the speed spectrum but this might not be the case. They are likely referring to characters like GS, Rey, QGJ...

We'll just have to see.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

Re: Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Any chance that we can get the actual changes as part of the notes some time before the patch goes live? A lot of players like to see the hard numbers rather then just the general idea. Not sure if you guys follow non-mobile FTP games like League of Legends, DoTA or even Hearthstone, but their patch notes are always quite detailed and given well ahead of the content release.

edit: really this applies to other parts of the notes as well. What are the numbers on protection? What adjustments exactly are being made to armor and resistance?
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    noizer wrote: »

The raid patch doesn't hit until the end-ish of the month. They just mean they are going to give us more information.

Thanx Diraan, I found very precise to give a date in 9 days to provide more information
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    No real details so we still don't really know how to plan for what's coming, but it's exciting nonetheless. :) I've always much preferred defensive characters and it's been a long, long time since they were viable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.