GI event was horrible

Prev1
After forcing an R5 grind that was insanely demanding of kyro’s for the inquisitors, the event was just awful.

The repetitive nature of going against the GI with no cooldowns on his abilities every single tier was lazy and boring. The demand to remod with 6* mods was unnecessary and ridiculous.

The puzzle to use the proper lead for the Jedi of each tier was actually thought provoking; that’s fine. However the ridiculous stat boosts where Ezra could one shot someone, or Kanan could just Insta heal just made the event feel like another RNG fest.

Cmon guys, do better. Make these events have the feel of old like with CLS, JTR, and even the Revans and Malak. The cinematics were great and the events while difficult (mainly Malak), still weren’t overly daunting given the resources needed for investment.

You guys can do better. You guys should do better. Please put more effort into future legendary events and bring back the golden times like with CLS

Replies

• Options
    Oh and now Fulcrum just auto heals and disregards any kind of heal block and can hit 200k on her basic with 3 stacks of focus….again, this event is garbage
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I dropped one Maul battle total. Way easier than the GAS event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

The fact I’ve played the Fulcrum battle, 20+ times, with 6 dot mods from my GL’s, following guides and having ATF 200k on a counter is not easy. It’s a lazy design. Congrats on some good luck against ATF. Because even with all the zeta’s and top end mods it’s still not making a difference.

I’ll say again. Garbage. event
  • Options
    Leaders matter in this event
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    however you hit the nail on the head with the biggest issue of the event; enemies having kits like they did in this event so overtuned and ridiculous that we will never see or use them ourselves.
    I like events with unique enemies.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

The fact I’ve played the Fulcrum battle, 20+ times, with 6 dot mods from my GL’s, following guides and having ATF 200k on a counter is not easy. It’s a lazy design. Congrats on some good luck against ATF. Because even with all the zeta’s and top end mods it’s still not making a difference.

It's weird how I always seem to have good luck and you always seem to have bad luck.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I don't know. Did it the first time around with no zetas on anyone. While i don't want everything to be that difficult it's one of the few things since GAS P4 that your pet cat couldn't pilot for you. Little difficulty and thought isn't a terrible thing. Whole thing is to get you to know what the leads do and how to use the inquisitor kits together. Honestly probably the most interactive team kits in the game, which is refreshing.
  • Options
    2) At least the GI wave 1 was quick and only one extra wave. Having to go through three waves just to lose to Thrawn in his event was way worse.

Yeah, agreed - I guess it's been so long since Thrawn, I don't really think much about it lol.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

It's weird how I always seem to have good luck and you always seem to have bad luck.

Such is the way of luck. The Kanan fight took me like 30 minutes but I did it in one try. I think Ezra took a couple. Ahsoka I spent probably about 4 hours on, didn't bother counting the attempts. And then somehow GMY, Maul and GK I did all in one attempt with ridiculous ease.

The event was just another dumb RNG fest. I had hoped they'd gotten past that when they set entry requirements. Didn't really mind the RNG when I was trying to go in with undergeared or suboptimal squads, but this one I actually had 3 at r7 and it was still the worst event since Chewie.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Such is the way of luck.

When one person seems to always have one type of luck and another person seems to always have the other type of luck, regardless of the event, maybe it's not actually luck.

FWIW I had 4 R7, maybe you just needed two more relic levels.
  • Options

Such is the way of luck.

When one person seems to always have one type of luck and another person seems to always have the other type of luck, regardless of the event, maybe it's not actually luck.

FWIW I had 4 R7, maybe you just needed two more relic levels.

I struggled with Fulcrum until I bumped few inquisitors up to r6. Then just took one or two tries. Same strategy... Just couldn't drop her with all r5.
  • Options
    I thought about making a post regarding this RNG laden fest on Christmas after I unlocked. Absolutely bonkers that they would hold out for 6 months and then drop the event on Christmas Eve.
    The only redeeming feature was that it was a week long, if it was only a day I would be waiting another 6 months for the unlock.
    It took me a while even after watching a few videos to even figure out how to get through GI reliably.
    As others have said, I was stuck behind Ahsoka the longest. Then I watched BitDynasty's take on it and modded for turn order, slicing a few mods along the way. As I am prepping for Jabba I did not give them any more relics beyond 5. I'm glad to have this one behind me.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Can anyone recall (or speculate) when the 3rd run of a legendary comes back around?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    deleted
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Can anyone recall (or speculate) when the 3rd run of a legendary comes back around?

My guess is 3 months. I'd be really surprised if they do another 6 month blackout on the event. I'm not basing that guess on anything other than, "surely they won't do this again..."
  • Options

My guess is 3 months. I'd be really surprised if they do another 6 month blackout on the event. I'm not basing that guess on anything other than, "surely they won't do this again..."

You have a lot of faith in them 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

6 months would mean there is no ‘next time’. 6 months from now it will go in the journey guide permanently. Not sure what to do with this info though.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

The old normal cadence was approximately every 90 days, but this one went 360180 days. Really no way to know if it will come back at all before it gets added to the Journey Guide as a permanent event in June.
    Post edited by StarSon on
  • Options

The old normal cadence was approximately every 90 days, but this one went 360 days. Really no way to know if it will come back at all before it gets added to the Journey Guide as a permanent event in June.
    360 days? You seeing double again?!
  • Options

The old normal cadence was approximately every 90 days, but this one went 360 days. Really no way to know if it will come back at all before it gets added to the Journey Guide as a permanent event in June.

Thanks. I couldn't remember if there was a typical return time frame or if it's just when CG decides. Maybe GI might be different as he's a part of the new TB.

Anyway, we'll see I suppose.
  • Options

360 days? You seeing double again?!

Oh lol. Math bad. 180 days.
  • Options
    A couple of other things, I thought it would be a breeze with my KAM modset, not so. 501st wants completely different mods to do that event. 9th got a speed set and the others all got offense sets.
    Ravens mentioned different leads, as did one of the early vids I watched. I used 2nd sister lead once I got to Ahsoka, I even added the zeta for that one. However, 5th brother is the only lead I've ever used before that, did anyone try with good results any other lead?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    A couple of other things, I thought it would be a breeze with my KAM modset, not so. 501st wants completely different mods to do that event. 9th got a speed set and the others all got offense sets.
    Ravens mentioned different leads, as did one of the early vids I watched. I used 2nd sister lead once I got to Ahsoka, I even added the zeta for that one. However, 5th brother is the only lead I've ever used before that, did anyone try with good results any other lead?

2nd sister lead for Ezra spread the marked around so that helped keep the damage spread out. I tried 7th sister lead against Ashoka like it was suggested in some videos but I got crushed until I switched to 5th brother and got the extra bulk. After here I only dropped one more battle to GMY once because I had a bad dodge but no issues otherwise. ATF took me 4 hours to get past. It was so brutal…
  • Options
    After forcing an R5 grind that was insanely demanding of kyro’s for the inquisitors, the event was just awful.

The repetitive nature of going against the GI with no cooldowns on his abilities every single tier was lazy and boring. The demand to remod with 6* mods was unnecessary and ridiculous.

The puzzle to use the proper lead for the Jedi of each tier was actually thought provoking; that’s fine. However the ridiculous stat boosts where Ezra could one shot someone, or Kanan could just Insta heal just made the event feel like another RNG fest.

Cmon guys, do better. Make these events have the feel of old like with CLS, JTR, and even the Revans and Malak. The cinematics were great and the events while difficult (mainly Malak), still weren’t overly daunting given the resources needed for investment.

You guys can do better. You guys should do better. Please put more effort into future legendary events and bring back the golden times like with CLS

No one forced you to play the event.
  • Options

I often disagree with Ravens. In a rare and refreshing turn of events, this post reads like an almost reasonable take on the event - I agree with most of the points here. I won't defend the use of hyperbole, but I have to agree with the overall sentiment. For a legendary with such high requirements, I was definitely expecting a little... more. I hope they get back to a more creative space where they can do more interesting things with these events.

No one forces any of us to play the game but there has certainly been pressure applied by CG and no doubt by guild leaders/officers to acquire Grand Inquisitor.
  • Options

I often disagree with Ravens. In a rare and refreshing turn of events, this post reads like an almost reasonable take on the event - I agree with most of the points here. I won't defend the use of hyperbole, but I have to agree with the overall sentiment. For a legendary with such high requirements, I was definitely expecting a little... more. I hope they get back to a more creative space where they can do more interesting things with these events.

No one forces any of us to play the game but there has certainly been pressure applied by CG and no doubt by guild leaders/officers to acquire Grand Inquisitor.

That poster is just being nippy after Ravens responded to their thread.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

lol, forum rage knows no bounds!
  • Options

LOL - yep. And no one forces us to do anything on this game. Still some ugly grinds/events. Now for GL #8: who will it be?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

LOL - yep. And no one forces us to do anything on this game. Still some ugly grinds/events. Now for GL #8: who will it be?

Relevance to this thread?
  • Options

So we should gear 5 characters to R5 in order to play the event and then say: ‘na, i don’t feel like it’ ?

I still think those kind of difficult events would be much more acceptable if they were permanently in the journey guide, so players wouldn’t feel the pressure to resolve the puzzle in a hurry, which often results in following a guide because you don’t have the time to try it on your own.