Holiday Character Trove Pack - really CG?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Nah cos that way you could say **** off right away to that deal. They want developed rosters to buy it, not sure if its like the HPB where it converts shards into store shards
  • UdalCuain
    5041 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Never mind. Half asleep buton press.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Options
    I think it's a really bad deal.

So say I pull Sana Starros, 000 or BT. All are 3 or 4 stars.

Great. But what use are they? None because you need all of them for Aphra. So you still have to wait a couple months to 7 star the rest before that 330 shard pull is worth it. Because it'll just sit gathering dust.
  • Options

Great. But what use are they? None because you need all of them for Aphra. So you still have to wait a couple months to 7 star the rest before that 330 shard pull is worth it. Because it'll just sit gathering dust.

It's still a character at 7* that you didn't have to farm. That means those resources go to something else instead of the time/energy sink that is shard farming a non-accelerated character for three months. If I was guaranteed one of those three characters for 5k crystals I'd be all over that.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Yes you need all of those characters you mentioned plus hondo. So if you pulled on of them you just finished your shard farm for one in seconds rather than in weeks or months depending on refreshes used. You also substantially saved on resources as well and can then divert those resources to gear farming or a different legendary/GL farm
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yes you need all of those characters you mentioned plus hondo. So if you pulled on of them you just finished your shard farm for one in seconds rather than in weeks or months depending on refreshes used. You also substantially saved on resources as well and can then divert those resources to gear farming or a different legendary/GL farm

The pack is never worth it.
    For veterans it's a massive gamble to actually pull one of the like 6-7 new chars out of 230 and for new/midgame players the crystals are better spent for energy refreshs.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The pack is never worth it.
    For veterans it's a massive gamble to actually pull one of the like 6-7 new chars out of 230 and for new/midgame players the crystals are better spent for energy refreshs.
    I'm w/you on this: 5,000 crystals goes a long way...

• Options
    In general I agree the shard packs aren’t worth it, but the holiday pack only had 20 toons being pulled from, with most of them being newer toons. It actually was a good deal for a lot of players.

• Options
    It was far better odds of getting something you didn't have than the current "Reflection Day" pack, there are so many older toons in this one
  • Options
    I bought three packs landed 3 toons I had at 3 stars… darth talon, idea version and Krsantan