Barrissgate should have EA have given more than the 500 crystals?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Geddre wrote: »
    Who are any of you to say when it's time to stop complaining about añything? If Bariss threads keep showing up for 6 months, that sends a message. If your delicate sensibilities can't handle some other person being upset about a bait and switch our base, stop clicking on the threads, and better yet... stop giving your two cents where it's not asked for.

This thread is addressed to those of us who purchased the heroine pack. Not the peanut gallery.

To answer your question, $3 worth of crystals was nowhere near satisfactory as I am one of those people who absolutely bought it only for Bariss. Ventress and Tano both sit unused and I have had over 300k credits since before I bought the pack. Credits come faster than I can spend them.

I, however, can see that nothing more is going to be done and am thankful for one thing... that they hosed us just in time to be 100% certain I will not make the same mistake with the even more costly Kylo Ren pack. Or any pack ever again for that matter. Unless they offer Obi-wan, Boba Fett, and 100 Vader shards for 10 bucks or something. :-P

They were also offering the jedi pack, you just chose the heroine pack because barriss is op. You should have seen a nerf coming from a mile away, anyone sensible would.

Also why would you complain about something you should have been aware of? If you purchase something you might want to understand that there are nerf and buffs in the game. It's like playing world of warcraft, and picking the highest tier character and after a nerf you start crying and ask for a refund for all the months you've played+keep your character.
  • Options
    micfool wrote: »
    zeekdog wrote: »
    You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.

Well.. I'd have given them ewok shards...

They dont deserve ewok shards.

Sadly its not up to you to decide, to compensate or not, to refund or not, people get to keep their barriss or not, to deal with this issue or not.
    Obviously all you can do is just troll the forum with business that you are no part of, and your opinion sadly doesnt really matter to the outcome clearly.

And days go on.....

So I can't give my opinion? If my opinion doesn't matter why do you reply to me, it clearly means something to you. And trolling? So since I think you pay to win players dont deserve anything for not researching what you're spending money on I'm trolling? I don't think you people understand what trolling means.

Clearly u still cant tell the difference between your opinion means nothing to the business and to personal?? Whatever you said might anger or provoke some people, however your words are absolutly meaningless and do not alter any outcome of this issue, so before you think you are so important and share your thought of no one deserve anything, reality is there is nothing you can do to change any decision

As for the personal side, thats where the trolling cames in, but of coz i dont expect you to see that
  • Options
    zeekdog wrote: »
    You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.

Well.. I'd have given them ewok shards...

They dont deserve ewok shards.

Sadly its not up to you to decide, to compensate or not, to refund or not, people get to keep their barriss or not, to deal with this issue or not.
    Obviously all you can do is just troll the forum with business that you are no part of, and your opinion sadly doesnt really matter to the outcome clearly.

And days go on.....

So I can't give my opinion? If my opinion doesn't matter why do you reply to me, it clearly means something to you. And trolling? So since I think you pay to win players dont deserve anything for not researching what you're spending money on I'm trolling? I don't think you people understand what trolling means.

Clearly u still cant tell the difference between your opinion means nothing to the business and to personal?? Whatever you said might anger or provoke some people, however your words are absolutly meaningless and do not alter any outcome of this issue, so before you think you are so important and share your thought of no one deserve anything, reality is there is nothing you can do to change any decision

As for the personal side, thats where the trolling cames in, but of coz i dont expect you to see that

Let's put it this way, my opinion is just as valuable as those who are complaining about the purchase. You clearly don't understand what trolling is, I don't know what you're going on about personal stuff etc, but that's not what trolling means. Giving your personal opinion on a matter doesnt=trolling.
  • micfool
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yup keep telling yourself that. One day, things might turn out the way you want, yup one day.....
  • Options
    Yup keep telling yourself that. One day, things might turn out the way you want, yup one day.....

I can't even understand your attempt at writing a coherent sentence. If you're implying that my opinion doesn't matter as much of others, the only person trolling is you.
  • Options
    They were also offering the jedi pack, you just chose the heroine pack because barriss is op. You should have seen a nerf coming from a mile away, anyone sensible would.

Also why would you complain about something you should have been aware of? If you purchase something you might want to understand that there are nerf and buffs in the game. It's like playing world of warcraft, and picking the highest tier character and after a nerf you start crying and ask for a refund for all the months you've played+keep your character.

I actually didn't see the nerf coming from a mile away, at least to not the severity that happened. I never had the character before, nor was able to theorycraft her stats due to not understanding the mechanics of the game, tiers of gear, etc. In any case from looking at the variety of packs being offered, it seemed like the Barriss one fit what I needed at the time the most. It would be silly to pick a pack that wasn't the strongest unless you were going for a particular theme of characters.

You honestly can't compare a character pack to a subscription and construct a viable argument that way. They have different purposes. A subscription based service such as WoW gives you access to the full content of the game (expansions excluded, but that's a different argument), and all players have that same access, limited by their current level of progression. Any nerfs or buffs happens to the entire player base.

A character pack is sold based on the usefulness of the specific characters in the pack. Adjustments to the characters within the pack adjust the value of the pack. I don't think that is deniable.

With that said, buffs and nerfs are not unexpected, though as I've mentioned before, the sweeping changes to characters rather than small incremental ones is a little too much in my opinion. I still hope that further balancing will continue to happen so that Barriss is at least a little more threatening (I'm still hoping for an offensive ability to make use of the special damage and potency that she has on her itemization). I have no intention of trying to recuperate any monetary amounts based on the principle of it, and keeping in good faith with the company to make better decisions in the future.

Lastly, you guys (not just ewok) really need to please stop arguing with each other about whether one should have an opinion in the topic or not. If you disagree, fine. Be civil, be respectful. There's no need to call anyone a troll, insult their intelligence, or anything else that may be disrespectful. I think we are all capable of having a mature conversation, please don't let it degrade into something less. Thank you.

• Options

I can't even understand your attempt at writing a coherent sentence. If you're implying that my opinion doesn't matter as much of others, the only person trolling is you.

Oh really, please do enlighten me, how is your so valuable opinion have any impact on this matter so far?
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Oh really, please do enlighten me, how is your so valuable opinion have any impact on this matter so far?

I never said my opinion is so valuable, I'm saying that every player is entitled to any opinion, and no one's opinion is held above others.
  • Options
    Kyuu2 wrote: »

I actually didn't see the nerf coming from a mile away, at least to not the severity that happened. I never had the character before, nor was able to theorycraft her stats due to not understanding the mechanics of the game, tiers of gear, etc. In any case from looking at the variety of packs being offered, it seemed like the Barriss one fit what I needed at the time the most. It would be silly to pick a pack that wasn't the strongest unless you were going for a particular theme of characters.

You honestly can't compare a character pack to a subscription and construct a viable argument that way. They have different purposes. A subscription based service such as WoW gives you access to the full content of the game (expansions excluded, but that's a different argument), and all players have that same access, limited by their current level of progression. Any nerfs or buffs happens to the entire player base.

A character pack is sold based on the usefulness of the specific characters in the pack. Adjustments to the characters within the pack adjust the value of the pack. I don't think that is deniable.

With that said, buffs and nerfs are not unexpected, though as I've mentioned before, the sweeping changes to characters rather than small incremental ones is a little too much in my opinion. I still hope that further balancing will continue to happen so that Barriss is at least a little more threatening (I'm still hoping for an offensive ability to make use of the special damage and potency that she has on her itemization). I have no intention of trying to recuperate any monetary amounts based on the principle of it, and keeping in good faith with the company to make better decisions in the future.

Lastly, you guys (not just ewok) really need to please stop arguing with each other about whether one should have an opinion in the topic or not. If you disagree, fine. Be civil, be respectful. There's no need to call anyone a troll, insult their intelligence, or anything else that may be disrespectful. I think we are all capable of having a mature conversation, please don't let it degrade into something less. Thank you.

Completely disagree, my analogy for wow is perfectly viable if you use it in the right context. If a player only used let's say a druid thinking that there are no nerfs or buffs like most of these barriss players assumed, and he spent hours upon hours on that one character asking for a refund is similar to barriss player asking refund for a nerf. Did the druid player have access to other chars? Yes, but the Druid was advertised as extra op just like barriss so they can use the same argument barriss users are doing by saying they want their money back since their purchase of a wow subscription+time wasted on wow wasn't as "described" since when they first started the Druid was advertised as super OP.

And I think the majority of us saw the narriss nerf coming from a mile away, tons of posters were posting about dooku/barriss being nerf before the nerf happened. I wouldnt mind Barriss having OP heals if she did not heal through immunity.

And I agree with you, it's nice to see a pay to play player not attacking me for having an opinion. Apparently having an opinion that disagrees with them=troll.
  • Options
    Reminder to keep this discussion on topic and civil.
  • Options
    Completely disagree, my analogy for wow is perfectly viable if you use it in the right context. If a player only used let's say a druid thinking that there are no nerfs or buffs like most of these barriss players assumed, and he spent hours upon hours on that one character asking for a refund is similar to barriss player asking refund for a nerf. Did the druid player have access to other chars? Yes, but the Druid was advertised as extra op just like barriss so they can use the same argument barriss users are doing by saying they want their money back since their purchase of a wow subscription+time wasted on wow wasn't as "described" since when they first started the Druid was advertised as super OP.

And I think the majority of us saw the narriss nerf coming from a mile away, tons of posters were posting about dooku/barriss being nerf before the nerf happened. I wouldnt mind Barriss having OP heals if she did not heal through immunity.

And I agree with you, it's nice to see a pay to play player not attacking me for having an opinion. Apparently having an opinion that disagrees with them=troll.

I think a better analogy would be league of legends. Character packs are sold all the time in LoL and quite often after the devs see the character in action they're nerfed a bit if they're overperforming. Honestly about 3/4 of the teams in the top 10 bracket on my server are still running barris, so I don't know why people are suddenly acting like she's the worst character in the game, she's still a great counter to sid and can be devastating if paired with a good tank on a defensive team.

• Options
    Justin7402 wrote: »

I think a better analogy would be league of legends. Character packs are sold all the time in LoL and quite often after the devs see the character in action they're nerfed a bit if they're overperforming. Honestly about 3/4 of the teams in the top 10 bracket on my server are still running barris, so I don't know why people are suddenly acting like she's the worst character in the game, she's still a great counter to sid and can be devastating if paired with a good tank on a defensive team.

She went from extremely op, to a decent character that's why. If you cant take the first character you target in the first round down due to a deflection or miss, or if you fail to ability block barriss, she will heal that character back to nearly full health even with immunity.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are currently 0 Barrisses in the top 10 on my server and 4 in the top 20. One of those is mine, and will be gone as soon as I have gotten a replacement trained and geared. She is no longer worth a slot in PvP, IMO. I have written a long thread describing where she is still useful, though even there, not as much as before.
    Ewok's argument that others "should have known" that this nerf would happen is as false and fact-devoid now as the first 100 times he posted it. Even before "Order 66", there were top pre-launch players saying she was a non-issue at end game and didn't need to be nerfed. They were apparently ignored by the development team.
    Furthermore, even those that believed she should be nerfed mostly thought a small adjustment needed to be made. Not slashing her main heal by 83% to 55%, in addition to nerfing her attack proc by 40%.
    It is the magnitude of the changes, and the short timing after she was introduced in a costly premium pack, that led to the outcry. This should be very simple for anyone to understand. If the nerf had been mild, or this hadn't been the lead character in a pricy pack, there would have been little hub-bub over it.
    The end result of these changes is that Barriss, whom people bought for a specific use, is no longer able to function for that use. She is a healer with no offensive output and no special attack, who now also stinks at healing in PvP. All the flaming and victim-blaming and deflection and nonsense doesn't change that basic underlying fact.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I can't argue your server vs mine, I just know she's quite common still on the climb to the top of the bracket. I know either the guy who was 1st or 2nd had one, I don't remember which but I nearly lost when lumi whiffed against sid and barris healed him to full. I'm sure the devs have metrics on what characters are used most/least and if she's dropped from every team she'll eventually get a buff.

I do think we'll eventually see her work her way out of a lot of teams for the same reason dooku is going to be dropped, she's extremely hard to star up, and people's teams are eventually going to be full of nothing but 7 star characters.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    There are currently 0 Barrisses in the top 10 on my server and 4 in the top 20. One of those is mine, and will be gone as soon as I have gotten a replacement trained and geared. She is no longer worth a slot in PvP, IMO. I have written a long thread describing where she is still useful, though even there, not as much as before.
    Ewok's argument that others "should have known" that this nerf would happen is as false and fact-devoid now as the first 100 times he posted it. Even before "Order 66", there were top pre-launch players saying she was a non-issue at end game and didn't need to be nerfed. They were apparently ignored by the development team.
    Furthermore, even those that believed she should be nerfed mostly thought a small adjustment needed to be made. Not slashing her main heal by 83% to 55%, in addition to nerfing her attack proc by 40%.
    It is the magnitude of the changes, and the short timing after she was introduced in a costly premium pack, that led to the outcry. This should be very simple for anyone to understand. If the nerf had been mild, or this hadn't been the lead character in a pricy pack, there would have been little hub-bub over it.
    The end result of these changes is that Barriss, whom people bought for a specific use, is no longer able to function for that use. She is a healer with no offensive output and no special attack, who now also stinks at healing in PvP. All the flaming and victim-blaming and deflection and nonsense doesn't change that basic underlying fact.

Nope she does not stink at healing in PVP, she's just not as OP as before.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Do you have her? Do you have any experience using her?
    I've used her in hundreds of fights before and after her grand nerfage. I wrote a guide to using her after the nerf, here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2527/a-guide-to-barriss-offee-after-the-order-66-patch
    She absolutely does stink at healing in PvP. She is a one-trick pony with her equalize, and once that has fired, she's just a meatbag that you save until the end. Especially with everyone running AoEs, her heal is a joke. At level 60 with full gear, the actual healing she does on a heal is equivalent to something like a level 30 Jedi Consular.
    And she brings no offense to the table. My easily-farmed Luminara hits for 3x as much as her, and has an ability block AND outheals her by a mile. Daka can revive and stun two targets at a time.
    Barriss is now underpowered for PvP. By a lot.
  • Options

Do you have her? Do you have any experience using her?
    I've used her in hundreds of fights before and after her grand nerfage. I wrote a guide to using her after the nerf, here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2527/a-guide-to-barriss-offee-after-the-order-66-patch
    She absolutely does stink at healing in PvP. She is a one-trick pony with her equalize, and once that has fired, she's just a meatbag that you save until the end. Especially with everyone running AoEs, her heal is a joke. At level 60 with full gear, the actual healing she does on a heal is equivalent to something like a level 30 Jedi Consular.
    And she brings no offense to the table. My easily-farmed Luminara hits for 3x as much as her, and has an ability block AND outheals her by a mile. Daka can revive and stun two targets at a time.
    Barriss is now underpowered for PvP. By a lot.

So you're the only Barriss user who can have an opinion right? Go read the boards tons of Barriss users say shes still viable.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Since you are a proud F2Per, you have probably never used her, and so have no experience in her use. I do. There's a reason why everyone on my server is dumping her -- she's a waste of a slot now, especially with all the anti-Jedi buffs.
    You are entitled to your opinion. That doesn't mean it has any validity whatsoever.
  • Options
    Since you are a proud F2Per, you have probably never used her, and so have no experience in her use. I do. There's a reason why everyone on my server is dumping her -- she's a waste of a slot now, especially with all the anti-Jedi buffs.
    You are entitled to your opinion. That doesn't mean it has any validity whatsoever.

Exactly, and yours has no validity either. In my server in the top 10 there are several 60s with Barriss.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lucky you. They are generally easy kills. (I'm being generous in granting this claim, of course.)
    My opinion has validity because I have extensive experience using this character. You appear to have none. Believe it or not, opinions based on facts and experience actually are more valid than ones that are based on neither.
  • Options
    Lucky you. They are generally easy kills. (I'm being generous in granting this claim, of course.)
    My opinion has validity because I have extensive experience using this character. You appear to have none. Believe it or not, opinions based on facts and experience actually are more valid than ones that are based on neither.

And I know people who have her, and they've told me that she's perfectly viable still. So I guess since you have more experience than me, the other people who have told me that she's still a decent character becomes irrelevant now right? Like you said, you can have an opinion but really it has no validity to it. You're just whining because your char went from super op to solid.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    And I know people who have her, and they've told me that she's perfectly viable still.
    Sure you do.
    Well, if those people want to post their views, I'll be happy to consider them. Has nothing to do with your posts, which reflect no experience with the character.
    Based on your posting history, your great interest in Barriss stems simply from an irrational hatred of people who spend money on the game, and glee that she's been essentially destroyed for PvP purposes.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    And I know people who have her, and they've told me that she's perfectly viable still.
    If those people want to post their views, I'll be happy to consider them. Has nothing to do with your posts, which reflect no experience with the character.

The thing is I really could care less if youc onsider my opinion or not. All I see is a salty barriss player upset because his super op character turned solid. I dont know why you think your opinion holds so much value to me or others. To me your opinion is really invalid and has no substance to it. Also just brwose the forum and look at other people's posts there are tons who say she's still solid.
  • Options
    I felt it was wrong and poor compensation, however I agree move on. It is the holidays. Jesse and the Mods do a great job keeping this forum up and Jesse asked not to do these types of posts so that request should be respected, regardless of how you/we may or may not feel on the issue. He has given us this great place to bounce ideas, help and be helped and in return asked us to keep it positive and not attack(though I know 1 member still likes to bash those of us who don't agree with his short, furry self*cough ewok*) I for one will give Jesse the respect deserved and IMO earned and not attack or post negative on this. This game is a lot of fun to play and discuss. I even got a couple of my employees hooked on it.

That said after thinking hard on it I will not be going to Apple for a refund and will accept Barriss as a 3rd stringer now, and work up Tano and Ventress(who is now epic gear and quite nice)

Happy holidays to all my fellow Star Wars fans, yes even Ewok.
  • Options

And I know people who have her, and they've told me that she's perfectly viable still. So I guess since you have more experience than me, the other people who have told me that she's still a decent character becomes irrelevant now right? Like you said, you can have an opinion but really it has no validity to it. You're just whining because your char went from super op to solid.

Oh so Mr. Ewok, suddenly the everyone's opinion is same valuable turns into your opinion has no validity, and only the "people you know" are correct.

By the way, will you still not enlighten me with how much impact so far has your opinion affect the outcome of the current matter? Pretty please?
  • Options

Oh so Mr. Ewok, suddenly the everyone's opinion is same valuable turns into your opinion has no validity, and only the "people you know" are correct.

By the way, will you still not enlighten me with how much impact so far has your opinion affect the outcome of the current matter? Pretty please?

You clearly haev a comprehension problem. I said the everyone's opinion to the DEVS not other players have the same value. Jesus some people really need to go back to grade school.

Well, I predicted that you guys would only get a couple hundred crystal, now I was off by 300, but who knows maybe the devs took our opinions into matter and decided not to reward you guys with something big.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    To me your opinion is really invalid and has no substance to it.

I post my views as part of the give and take of the forum. Look around and you will see that I answer a lot of questions for people, and discuss a variety of issues. All you ever do is engage in flame wars with people about Barriss.
    If I cared about your views specifically on my opinions, I would send you a private message. You'll probably notice that I have not done this.
    I am sure there are a handful of people who are using Barriss in their teams. There are people using pretty much all of the characters in their teams. This doesn't change the fact that Barriss was massively nerfed, which makes the complaints about the change valid. What you think of that fact is immaterial.
    When I look at threads of people planning out PvP squads, Barriss is rarely mentioned.
  • Options
    To me your opinion is really invalid and has no substance to it.

I post my views as part of the give and take of the forum. Look around and you will see that I answer a lot of questions for people.
    If I cared about your views specifically on my opinions, I would send you a private message. You'll probably notice that I have not done this.
    I am sure there are a handful of people who are using Barriss in their teams. There are people using pretty much all of the characters in their teams. This doesn't change the fact that Barriss was massively nerfed, which makes the complaints about the change valid. What you think of that fact is immaterial.
    When I look at threads of people planning out PvP squads, Barriss is rarely mentioned.

Why are you giving me your autobiography? You talk about yourself a lot, should be upset that you never sent me a private message. Please Qeltar your opinion means so much send mea private message LOL.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity what level are you in game Ewok? Not trying to attack you or anything, I just think (could be totally wrong), most the Barriss is OP came from lower level players. As you got higher Barriss seemed to lose some of her luster.

To me Barriss was great at low/mid level when there weren't many other options for most people. But as people started to get (then star up) lumi/Sid/boba/daka and get better gear she came back to the pack some. She was still a good healer with a good leader skill, but she wasn't nearly the same character that seemed unkillable early on. Now it was easier to burst characters down or simply keep Barriss stun/ability locked.

I felt the nerf was harsh. She is very one dimensional. If they were gonna nerf her heal that bad, would have been nice if they would have buffed her damage or gave her another move (single target heal, buff, debuff, something).

You say people should have seen the nerf coming? There was as much, if not more complaining about Dooku and he did not get nerfed (nor do I think he needed to be).

As for the fact they were used or are used by so many people. I would argue Sid and Lumi were/are used on more arena teams then any other character. And they just gave Sid a buff.

it is very hard to judge if a character is OP when so few players have access to the majority of other characters.
  • Options
    I am closing this topic as the original discussion has become derailed. Please refrain from posting inflammatory comments to other players. We wish to keep all discussions civil and on topic.

Again I'd like to refer all users in this thread to our Forum Guidelines, which you should always follow when posting on these forums. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.